Telecommunications Research Engineer: Specialized in Satellite Communications
Dec. 2007 to July 2011. Telecommunications Research Engineer - Joint Financing Fellowship: Centre National d’Études Spatiales (CNES) - Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) – Telecommunications for Space and Aeronautics (TeSA), Toulouse (France) and Barcelona (Spain). Topics of study:
• Design of improved resource allocation, transmission and protection schemes over DVB-S2/RCS/SH standards at Ka/Ku/S-bands.
• Cross-layer optimization and multicasting for VoIP/Video transmission over temperate/tropical areas.
• Involved in the “Brazil project: Broadband to Rural America over Satellite Integrated Links”.
2007 (6 months). Research Engineer and Assistant Professor - Wireless Communications Group at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona
• Area of study: Resource allocation and cross-layer design of VoIP for Hybrid Satellite (DVB-S2/RCS) - WiMAX Networks.
• Teaching: lessons in Data Transmission and Mobile Communications.
2006 (5 months). Research Engineer - Centre National d’Études Spatiales (CNES), Centre Spatial de Toulouse (CST), Toulouse
• SatNEx (European Satellite Network of Excellence) research Mission.
• Area of study: Performance of upper-layer FEC protection in adaptive satellite systems for mobile scenarios.
2005 (1 year). Research Engineer (Internship) - Wireless Communications Group at the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona
• Thesis topic: Design of an adaptive and QoS-aware PHY/MAC/IP Scheduler/Manager for the DVB-S2 system, within the ESA contract.
Education and Formation
2007/11. Ph.D in Telecommunications – Joint degree (cotutelle) between the Institut Supérieur de l’Aéronautique et de l’Espace (ISAE: SUPAERO+ENSICA) in Toulouse, and the Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB) in Barcelona (Spain).
2006/07. M.Sc. in Micro and Nanoelectronics Engineering (specialized in Wireless Communications), Autonomous University of Barcelona (UAB), Barcelona (Spain).
2000/06. Telecommunications Engineering Degree (equiv M.Sc, BAC+5), spec. in Communications – Polytechnic University of Catalonia (UPC), Faculty of Telecommunications (ETSETB), Barcelona (Spain).
Spanish and Catalan: Mother tongues
English: Fluent - First Certificate in English (University of Cambridge, June 2006), PhD defence/dissertation and publications/conferences in English.
French: Fluent – Almost 3 years living in Toulouse (France).
Chairman of special session in “Robust Hybrid Networks for Rural and Tropics”, in the International Workshop on Satellite and Space Communications (IWSSC) 2009, Siena (Italy).
Coordinator of PhD Students (2009-2011) in the Wireless Communications group at UAB.
Part of the organization committee of the: 46th RCS meeting (2007), Barcelona (UAB). SatNEx Assembly meeting and Joint activity meetings (2008), Barcelona (UAB).
Personal skills and competences
OS: Windows, Linux and Unix.
Languages: C, C++, Java and HTML.
Software: Matlab, Juzzle, Visual C, OPNET, Desktop Software: (Latex, Office) and software related to web page creation.
Sports: Captain of volleyball team, basketball, tennis, climbing and hiking.
Cultural: Volunteer at “Festival Cinespaña 2011” in Toulouse, musicals/reading and travelling.
Publications (All publications available on Request)
A patent (currently being processed), 2 contributions to standards, 4 international journal papers, 1 chapter of a book and 11 international conference papers. Most relevant publications:
• “Cross-layer Design for Distributed Cooperative Satellite Bandwidth Allocation”, submitted to IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, 2011.
• “NUM-based Fair Rate-Delay Balancing for Layered Video Multicasting over Adaptive Satellite Networks”, IEEE Journal on Selected Areas in Communications (JSAC), vol. 29, no. 5, May 2011.
• "VoIP Cross-Layer Load Control for Hybrid Satellite-WiMAX Networks", in IEEE Wireless Communications Magazine, vol. 15, pp. 32–39, June 2008.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.