Summary Highly effective, results-oriented wireless standards, strategy, product, market and business development executive with 15 years proven successful experience driving market acceptance of technology or technical product in the wireless industry. Working in the confluence of technical and commercial activities, my efforts have enabled over $2 BB in business.
Recent experience driving progress in the wireless industry standards, marketing and regulatory groups, including the 3GPP, 3GPP2, ATIS, ETSI, GSMA, FCC IB-run US ITU policy development, and working with all major network operators and RAN equipment vendors.
Roles and responsibilities from technical to commercial, and additionally have included market and project assessment, product management, strategic planning, managing RFP/RFQ responses, partnership/alliance management, business development, intellectual property management.
Seeking employee or consulting wireless standards, strategy, product management, market and business development opportunity where leveraging my proven successful experience can help achieve your goals in the wireless industry!
+ Principal Consultant, Global Wireless Industry Standards & Regulatory Affairs at TerreStar Networks – 4.5 years
+ Principal Consultant, Wireless Industry Standards, Strategy and Business Development at Rhys Consulting – 2 years
+ Senior Manager, International Wireless Industry Relations at TruePosition – 4 years
+ Product Manager, UMTS and Broadband Packet Solutions at Siemens AG and ICN – 4 years
+ Technology Policy and Program Management Analyst at Science Applications International Corporation (SAIC) - 6 years
+ MBA, Business Management with Technology development & business strategy concentration, Yale University School of Management
+ U.S. Government sponsored continuing education, engineering technology development
+ MA with distinction, International Relations, Johns Hopkins School of Advanced International Studies (SAIS)
+ BA, Rufus Choate Scholar, Economics & Government, Dartmouth College
Highlights of my professional accomplishments
+ Developed and implemented strategy to standardize spectrum and gain market acceptance of the 2 GHz S-band for truly ubiquitous terrestrial-satellite communications networks, necessary but not sufficient step to enable $1.35 B spectrum sale.
+ Directed wireless standards, regulatory & industry relations, including developing and implementing capture strategy for $300 MM pan-European OnStar like M2M, public safety oriented telematics business opportunity
+ Wireless standards representation and product line management: Accelerated by 18-24 months technology standardization of e911 location method enabling $400+ MM infrastructure and IP licensing business
+ Product line management for UMTS-migration marketing, and developed/implemented early strategy for Verizon-wide $250+ MM data network migration opportunity
Detailed professional background:
Principal Consultant, Wireless Industry Standards & Regulatory Affairs, TerreStar Networks Inc.(September 2007 – December 2011)
Wireless Industry standards and regulatory affairs focused on spectrum management and development of the 2 GHz S band for terrestrial application.
- Planned and executed strategy to standardize and gain market acceptance of truly ubiquitous terrestrial-satellite communications networks by leveraging long-established relationships with commercial, standards and regulatory personnel
- Developed and maintains relationships with FCC, Ofcom and BMWi representatives to the 3GPP and ETSI SES standards organizations
- Participated in TerreStar ITU new and renewal filings through the FCC, and negotiation of coexistence parameters for terrestrial network operations
- Represented interests of TerreStar through participation in ETSI SES MSS and 3GPP standards groups and FCC International Bureau-organized US policy development for numerous ITU Working Parties, WRC and CITEL meetings
- Participated in technical support activeities to TerreStar’s regulatory counsel in preparation of FCC filings, rulemaking and other proceedings as needed
Principal Consultant, President & CEO, Wireless Industry Standards, Product Management and International Business Development, Rhys Consulting LLC (May 2005 – August 2007)
Technology and policy consulting in the global telecommunications industry to promote business success and maximize intellectual property (IP) value.
- Developed, gained approval and implementing standardization strategy via participation in global industry standards, industry relations and regulatory fora for TerreStar Networks
- Acquired through technical sales and relationship management, major reference customer for $300 MM pan-European M2M telematics eCall opportunity
- Transitioned this account to European colleagues for continued commercialization activities
Senior Manager, Wireless Industry Relations & Industry Standards, TruePosition Inc.
(May 2001 – June 2005)
Accelerated by 12-18 months LCS-method standardization to drive $400+ MM network infrastructure business and maximize intellectual property (IP) licensing value.
- Developed and executed standardization strategy by technical marketing and participation in international industry/standards groups to standardize Uplink TDOA wireless location method
- Managed TruePosition’s international business relationships with standards organization of the major network operators and infrastructure vendors
- Assisted in management of and coordination with TruePosition’s standards contractor support
Product Manager, UMTS, NGN and Broadband Packet Solutions, Siemens ICN Inc. (May 1997 – April 2001)
Also UMTS Product Manager at Siemens Mobilfunk (Berlin & Munich, Germany), Siemens AG
Performed full range of product management and industry/customer relationship tasks
- Developed and project managed early stages of Verizon-wide data transfer network migration $250MM business development opportunity
- Co-authored customer-facing strategy documentation for Siemens Mobile Network’s global sales to communicate a high-level overview of wireless network migration to 3G.
- Implemented all phases of product discontinuation for two small broadband packet data routers
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.