Astrophysics graduate with experience in data analysis, laboratory work and mathematical modeling. Excellent IT skills especially in MS Office and Matlab.
I have worked abroad and am now looking for a career which will utilise my education, intelligence and strong work ethic.
· Good experience of Matlab including 3D modeling.
· Excellent skills in Ms Office applications especially Excel.
· Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
· Excellent communication and presentation skills.
· Knowledge of MS Visual Basic
2005 – 2009 University of Hertfordshire
BSc Astrophysics 2:2
· This included a large amount of laboratory work including in the university observatory where I used optical and radio telescopes.
· Dissertation ‘Searching SLOAN for Planet Hunting Targets’.
· The analysis involved over 300 data sets in which I identified specific patterns and types. These were stellar spectra analysed for gravity, spectral type and distance.
· The assessment included a poster presentation involving both oral communication and design skills.
· Observatory Accreditation - Completion of this extra course allowed me to work at any time unsupervised at the university observatory.
2004 – 2005 Anglia Ruskin University
Certificate of Credit
I took a science access course at Anglia Ruskin as my A levels suffered due to ill health.
2001 – 2004 The Harwich School
A-level Physics C, Economics D
Sept 2011 – Nov 2011 IBT Talkingdom, Geoje Island, South Korea
· I have recently returned from South Korea where I taught English as a second language.
· I have used initiative and self reliance to work with people from a completely different culture.
· By teaching Korean children I have learned how to get the best from people even when language, culture and age present obstacles.
Nov 2009 – Aug 2011 Children's Ward, Colchester General Hospital
· In addition to general administrative duties. I was charged with organising new administrative processes for the new Children's Unit.
· I was able to ensure the transition went smoothly and the new system has proven robust enough to remain in place.
· I also created a new database of children in the North Essex area suffering from life threatening conditions. This project mapped both NHS and charity services and identified areas for improvement in order to assist the creation of a business plan to secure funding.
Hobbies and Interests
July 2011 – Present Physics in the Field, Institute of Physics Volunteer
· When able, I volunteer with the Institute of Physics outreach programme 'Physics in the Field'. We teach physics based tricks to the public at events such as county shows and music festivals to raise interest in Physics.
Memberships & Affiliations
Associate member of the institute of Physics since 2008.
Available on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.