To bring my analytic, problem-solving and technical expertise to a challenging position that allows me to work alongside a great team of dedicated people as well as achieve my career goals of sustained and upward professional development.
STATUS: Green Card Holder
Senior Database Programmer – XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX– San Francisco Bay Area, CA – 1/2007 to Present
· Key team member working with other programmers and data analysts on xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx efforts for California.
· Managed a large and complex Python software development project to completion which required the conversion of a large legacy ArcGIS script to Python using the ESRI ArcGIS geo-processor/API and the Eclipse IDE.
· Managed a California-wide xxxxxxxxxx database and reporting system used for xxxxxxxx planning and xxxxxxx related purposes. The entire system was transferred over from a legacy Oracle/Unix/PERL installation to an in-house built Oracle installation converting over the scripts to SQL, PL/SQL and Python.
· Custom built Oracle 11g database (installation and configuration) and database administration, Oracle DBA.
· Responsible for database development/maintenance of tables, views and data loaders. Creating, loading and updating existing database tables. Developing software tools using PERL, SQL and PL/SQL.
· Managed the design, programming and testing of a comprehensive data loading tool in C#, .NET and Visual Studio that takes xxxxxxxxxxxxxx data and loads it into a complex series of Oracle tables that are part of a national database xxxxxxxxxxxxx.
· Data analysis using the “R” language for statistical computing. Also worked with LIDAR imagery using ArcGIS 3D analyst tools.
Skills: Python using the Eclipse/Pydev IDE, Django, .NET, C# in Visual Studio, R, Oracle, Oracle DBA, SQL, Utilities (sqlloader, import, export), Data Migration, PL/SQL, Database Modeling, Access, UNIX (IBM AIX), bash/Vim, ArcGIS, ArcSDE, PERL, PL/SQL developer, Microsoft Visual Studio 2010.
Programmer Analyst – University of California, Berkeley, CA – 03/2002 to 12/2006
· Key person in charge of managing the IT infrastructure for the xxxxxxxx xx xxxxxxxx which includes the project planning, project design and implementation of a computing environment consisting of computer desktops, printers/plotters and five Linux servers.
· The DELL Linux boxes ran a couple of Apache web servers, a MySQL database, a Samba file servers, Pine email and Tivoli backup, respectively.
· LAMPs expertise since the two web servers stored, processed and disseminated census/redistricting data through a PHP/PERL/HTML/CSS enabled website (which I partially developed) running on Linux boxes driven by Red Hat Enterprise Linux, MySQL relational database and an Apache HTTP Server.
· Used ASP/.NET, C# and Visual Studio tools to design an on-line map publishing, election/census data anlysis and geoprocessing system for a Windows Server platform using ESRI technologies such as ArcIMS, ArcObjects, ArcGIS and ArcSDE.
· Provided analysis and consultation to the offices of state assembly and senate members, academicians, corporate clients as well as the general public on the content and use of the California xxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxx containing redistricting geography, census data, election data and associated geospatial or GIS data.
Skills: Linux systems administration (bash scripting, vim, Apache, Samba, Pine, Tivoli), MySQL database administration, SQL, PERL, PHP, .NET/C#/GIS programming, ESRI software, SPSS statistics package.
Systems Analyst – EDINA (Edinburgh University Computing Services), Edinburgh, UK – 06/2000 to 12/2001
· A Feasibility study for a Geo-Data Browser (and related Geo-Crosswalk project/Web based Gazetteer Service) that investigated the building of a geospatial portal for colleges and universities throughout the United Kingdom which allows users to browse, search and access on-line metadata and geospatial data.
· One of the primary goals of both projects was to access both applications via a Web accessible interface capable of performing spatial, temporal, keyword and type searches.
· Requirement engineering, Requirement analysis, Modeling, Requirements reports and Validation/Prototyping.
· XML and Java based technologies were used for demo and prototyping purposes.
· Backend applications such as Oracle, ArcInfo and Red Hat Linux were assessed for their suitability towards a final production system.
Skills: Requirements Engineering, Linux, XML/XSL/XSLT/DTD/Schema, OOA/OOD, Apache, Tomcat; Java, JSP, JDBC, Servlets; Oracle, SQL, GIS, ArcInfo.
Ph.D candidate/Research Associate – University of Edinburgh (Dept. of Geography), Edinburgh, UK – 01/1995 to 12/1999
· Designed and developed an on-line geospatial metadata search, analysis and storage tool.
· The implementation was unique at this time since it was the first example of a Web based uploading, parsing and database entry tool for metadata files as well as a demo of a working and usable on-line geospatial data conversion tool.
· Database design using Entity-Relationship modeling, C++ programming with imbedded SQL statements (to improve performance) for the middleware and HTML/CSS UI design for the frontend.
· The development of a first of its kind Web search engine or crawler for geospatial data and metadata files.
Skills: C++, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, PERL, HTML/CSS, ArcInfo.
Ph.D., Geography department, University of Edinburgh (UK), 1999
Major: Geographic Information Systems
Thesis title: "The Geospatial Metadata Server: On-line metadata database, data conversion and GIS processing"
M.Sc., Geography department, University of Edinburgh (UK), 1993
Major: Geographic Information Systems
Thesis title: "Polygon complexity and its implications on GIS performance"
Relevant courses: Principles of GIS, Spatial Analysis and Modeling, Spatial Database Methods, Image Processing and Remote Sensing, OOSE principles, Final Dissertation.
B.Sc., University of Windsor (Canada), 1992
Double Major: Geology/Geography
Relevant course: Statistics for Geographers, GIS, Environmental Sciences, Geo-Physics, Geo-Chemistry, Structural Geology, Mineralogy, Petrography, Paleontology.
Databases: Oracle, Oracle DBA, SQL, SQL Plus, Utilities (sqlloader, import, export), MS Access, PL/SQL software development using Cursors, Procedures, Functions, Packages, Triggers etc., PL/SQL developer, Database Modeling, MySQL, MySQL DBA, Pro*C.
Linux/Unix: Unix (IBM AIX), Red Hat Enterprise Linux AS (v. 4 for x86), Linux Systems Administration including installation, user/group management, Apache HTTP server, samba file sharing, NFS, iptables firewall, Tivoli backup, sendmail, squirrelmail, imap, https, SSH, shell scripting, pine.
GIS: ESRI ArcGIS 9.3, ArcObjects, ArcSDE. Maptitude for Redistricting, TIGER/Line data, ARC/INFO, Arc Macro Language (AML); knowledge of Open GIS Consortium (OGC) documentation; practical knowledge of various geospatial data formats (shp, e00, dxf, dlg, dem and tiger) and operations (geocoding, overlay, buffer, data conversion, generalization/dissolve, projections-transformations, spatial statistics).
Methodologies: Structured Analysis and Design (requirements engineering and document preparation), Object Oriented Analysis and Design (OOA, OOD), Entity-Relationship RDBMS modeling, Unified Modeling Language (UML)
Web Integration Technologies: Extensible Mark-up Language (XML) and related technologies (XSL/XSLT, DTD, Schema), XML vocabularies such as the Resource Description Framework (RDF) and the Geography Mark-up Language (GML)
Metadata Standards: ISO TC 211, Content Standard for Digital Geospatial Metadata (CSDGM) by the Federal Geographic Data Committee (FGDC), Directory Interchange Format (DIF), Dublin Core Element Set and Qualifiers.
Tools and software: SPSS statistics package, Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint in Window XP
Experience in working effectively and interactively in a team both within a group and between organizations.
Proven experience in working independently with little supervision and in assuming supervisory and leadership roles.
Good oratory skills through the presentation of research at national GIS conferences.
Hobbies and Activities:
Road bike riding, Reading, Tennis, Travelling
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.