Management position within and aerospace engineering organization in Canada.
2008 - now Team Manager, Cassini Orbit Determination NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California
• Leading a team of 8 engineers for the navigation of the Cassini spacecraft at Saturn. • Supervising the daily deliveries of orbit determination solutions to the project. • Conducting high fidelity covariance studies to predict navigation preformance. • Coordinating radio tracking data, optical navigation images and trajectory correction maneuvers. • Coordinating trajectory correction and momentum wheel biasing maneuvers.
• Planning short to long-term workforce.
• Juno (Jupiter Orbiter): navigation support in preparation for launch (August 2011).• Mars Science Laboratory (MSL): data simulation with anomalies for operation readiness (Nov 2011). • Akatsuki (Venus Climate Orbiter or Planet-C): launch support (JAXA mission, May 2010). • NASA flagship mission study: joint ESA/NASA Titan orbiter/lander (2010). • Cassini: leading a research campaign aimed at calibrating the Titan atmospheric density results.
2005 - 2008 Guidance Navigation & Control Engineer NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory, Pasadena, California
Performed Orbit Determination for the Cassini spacecraft. Processing radio metric and optical navigation measurements to determine the ephemerides of Cassini, Saturn and the nine major satellites of Saturn. Requires knowledge in numerical integration, data processing and filtering techniques. Performed detailed reconstruction of spacecraft, planet and satellites ephemerides and uncertainties for scientists. Performed a re-design/optimization of the Cassini reference trajectory to maximize the science return for the only targeted Iapetus flyby in the mission.
2002 - 2004 Astrodynamics Engineer Canadian Space Agency, Longueuil, Quebec
Led the development of a GN&C simulator for spacecraft formation flying, on-orbit rendezvous and servicing projects. Performed trajectory design work for Mars mission feasibility studies for the 2011-2015 launch window. Evaluated/supervised industry proposals for research grants programs.
2001 Research Assistant Center for Space Studies CISAS, Universit`a degli Studi di Padova, Padua, Italy
Development of Precise Orbit Determination software with GPS data. Processed GPS data for orbit determination of Argentina’s SAC-C satellite.
1999 - 2000 Research Assistant Center for Space Research, The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Developed code to process LIDAR data for navigation and shape determination. The study used data from NASA’s Near Earth Asteroid Rendezvous mission.
1998 Co-op Engineer CAE Electronics - Space Systems, Montreal, Quebec
Simulated the space shuttle arm controller for the ISS simulator in CSA’s astronaut training facility.
1997 Co-op Engineer CAE Electronics - Aircraft Systems, Montreal, Quebec
Led the development of the turbine engine controller for the Black Hawk helicopter simulator.
• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the activities and operations of an engineering project.
• Develop and implement policies, standards and procedures.
• Consult and negotiate with clients to prepare and develop specifications
• Explain proposals and present engineering reports and findings.
• Assign, coordinate and review the technical work of project teams.
• Recruit personnel and oversee development and maintenance of staff competence in required areas.
• Supervise and co-ordinate the development of aerospace vehicles software.
• Strong computer/scripting knowledge (C, FORTRAN, Matlab/Simulink, Perl, Python, STK).
• Design and develop guidance, navigation and control systems for aerospace vehicles.
• Develop and conduct computer simulations using advanced mathematical modeling.
• Develop operational specifications, schedules and manuals for GN&C operators.
• Investigate and report on GN&C issues and prepare recommendations for corrective action.
• Lead several tasks at once.
• Display initiative and reliable judgment.
• Strong leadership and interpersonal/communications skills.
• Bilingual in French and English.
2000 M.Sc.E., Aerospace Engineering The University of Texas at Austin, Austin, Texas
Master’s thesis: Altimeter Range Crossover Analysis for the Near Earth Asteroid Mission.
1998 B.Sc.A., Mechanical Engineering Université Laval, Quebec, Quebec
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.