Proper formated CV in MS Word (.docx) or Acrobat (.pdf) available on request
• Master in Engineering (MSc. Burg. ir. K.U. Leuven), specialised in electro-mechanics, energy conversion, nuclear sciences and aerospace. Technical basic education consistently augmented with multiple professional courses in executive management, strategy, corporate finances, contracts, sales, safety and leadership (e.g. Executive Development Program of the Boston Business School).
• 13+ years of relevant senior management experience, including leading an SME (200 FTE’s, +20 M€ turn-over) and an innovative operational business unit (corporate project office in the aerospace business). Result driven, organisational (change-) manager with strong focus on corporate strategy, lean daily operations, planning, cost control and ambitious growth through solid methodology, analysis and performance improvement initiatives.
• Excellent, proven (!) track record in (international) business development and project sales.
• Fluent in English, Dutch, French and German. Experience in motivational coaching of (international) teams of experts (scientists, engineers but also blue collars).
• Strong, hands-on leadership, no-nonsense people skills, diplomatic but direct communications. Open, adaptable personality, with the right balance of emotional intelligence, diplomacy and drive for change and results. Mostly a ‘hunter’ (e.g. business development targets & operational results) augmented with compatible ‘farmer’ skills (e.g. cost control).
• Pleasant and loyal team player (9 years of rugby), who enjoys the containment of well controllable risks through skill (500+ skydives, 50+ high-mountain paraglide flights).
Birthplace and date: Hasselt (B), January 7th 1971
Marital status: Married, 3 children
Drivers license: A/B
High school: T. I.H.H. Hasselt - Mathematics & (Industrial) Sciences
Graduated with highest honour (summa cum laude)
University: Catholic University of Leuven (B)
Master in Engineering & Applied Sciences– Graduation Class of ‘98
Civil Electro-Technical- Mechanical Engineer
(Master study combined with several full time jobs, cfr. annex)
Boston Business School (US)
European Campus, Zürich (CH)
Executive Development Program
Köln, St. Gallen & Frankfurt (Class of ‘11)
@ KAEFER Belgium n.v. (B)
General Manager KAEFER Belgium
(December 2010 until January 2012)
@ QinetiQ Space n.v. (B)
(formerly Verhaert Space n.v.)
Project Office Manager
(March 2008 until November 2010)
Key Account Manager – Business Development Space
(March 2006 until November 2010)
Contracts Manager Space
(March 2001 until March 2006)
Project Manager Space
(September 1998 until march 2006)
PROFESSIONAL COURSES & CERTIFICATES
Project Management and Control
Management school of the post graduate institute SBM
University of Leuven, Campus Kulak Kortrijk (B), 1999.
Critical Chain – Theory of Constraints (project planning & control)
Methodology course in project planning control, by bureau Leonard consultants, 2000.
Writing a good proposal to an (ESA) Invitation To Tender
SME workshop ESA (ESTEC), Noordwijk, NL, 2001.
Firm Fixed Price and Cost Reimbursement (ESA) Contract Management
P. Rinio (ESA HQ), Paris, 2001.
Modern Optical Testing & Mounting of Optical Components
Sira Limited, Kent, UK / J.C.Wyant, Optical Science Centre, University of Arizona, USA, 2003.
Safety and Product Assurance
KH Kempen, B, 2005
Business Development & Sales Bidding Processes
QinetiQ Headquarters, Farnborough,UK, 2006
Risk Management and Mitigation in large projects
Verhaert Space - QinetiQ UK workshop, Kruibeke, B, 2007
Advanced course in MS Excel
Cevora, Ghent, 2009
“Raising The Bar” – Negotiation Training
QinetiQ Headquarters, Farnborough,UK, 2009
VCA VOL – Safety Certificate for Operational Managers
Self study, KAEFER Belgium, 2011
Verbal Reading Writing
Dutch (Flemish) NATIVE (*)
English FULL PROFESSIONAL(*)
(*) ILR scale of proficiency
RECOGNITION AND AWARDS
“Jij bent Flanders’ future!” (You are Flanders’ future!)
Personal nomination as a Flemish role model (1 of 13) for professional innovation and creativity during a governmental media campaign of Min. Moerman in cooperation with the Flanders District of Creativity. The campaign was released via TV, radio, newspapers, magazines and the internet in March 2006.
“Best Project Manager” Award
Personal award by the EADS Space Transportation Head of ISS Elements, in recognition of the valuable contribution in the ESA/EADS ARES project (2003 – 2005)
Author & (key note) speaker at multiple international leading science congresses and symposia, such as:
• International Gravitational Physiology Meetings (ISGP) in Osaka, Japan (2006), San Antonio, TX, USA (2007), Angers, France (2008) and Triëste, Italy (2010)
• ESA Artificial Gravity Symposium (ESTEC, Noordwijk ,NL, 2006)
• International Aeronautical Federation (IAF) and Congress (IAC), Hyderabad, India (2007) and Prague (2010)
• Member of the European Low Gravity Association
• Member of the H3 Hyper-gravity Human Habitat large diameter centrifuge engineering steering/advisory group
PUBLICATIONS & PAPERS
"Self-propagating high-temperature synthesis of Al-Ti-B in the ISS: Reactor design and preliminary evaluation". published in the international journal of self-propagating high-temperature synthesis, Vol. 12, Number 3, 2003, pp.165-177.
“Radiation qualification and testing of a large number of optical glasses used in the ESA Fluid Science Laboratory onboard the Columbus Orbital Facility of the International Space Station”
Published in: Photonics for Space Environments VIII. Proceedings of the SPIE, Volume 4823, pp. 124-131 (2002).
“Design, development and testing of a Short Arm Human Centrifuge (SAHC) to study artificial gravity based countermeasures for weightlessness on long term interplanetary space flight”, published in the International Journal of Gravitational Physiology (issue 2006), after presentation at the 27th Annual International Gravitational Physiology Meeting of 23-28 April 2006, Osaka University, Osaka, Japan.
ANNEX to CV: ELABORATED & DETAILED INFORMATION:
General Manager @ KAEFER Belgium:
KAEFER Belgium n.v. is a specialised industrial technology contractor in insulation, scaffolding, asbestos removal and tracing for a wide variety of customers, mainly in the fields of oil and energy, (petro-)chemical and nuclear industries. The international KAEFER group with headquarters in Bremen, Germany employs +17.000 persons in 54 countries world-wide. The Belgian division, has an annual turnover of +20 M€ and currently employs +/- 200 experts (staff on Belgian payroll) and +/- 350 FTE’s in total, including external manpower subcontractors (depending on work load). KAEFER Belgium n.v. was nominated TRENDS GAZELLE in 2009, 2010 and 2011 for it’s strong growth, solely based on the corporate financial figures.
Duties & responsibilities as General Manager Belgium:
• Result-focused organisational leadership driving the Belgian business through focus on daily operations, planning, cost control, business development and ambitious growth. Developing and executing business strategies aligned with the corporate group vision.
• Hands-on, no nonsense people management and direct communications that leave no margin for misunderstanding. Motivational coaching and coordinating of cross-functional teams through methodology analysis, improvement and performance initiatives.
• Technology & product management (supervision) based on a proven track record (12 yrs. in aerospace) and solid background (MSc, Master level education in engineering).
Specialisations: communications, methodology, operational management, change management, business development, engineering, product assurance and safety.
Achievements: Record breaking sales intake in 2011 (over 34 M€), often in new business fields or with new clients, such as Belgian Refining Corporation (Oil and Gas) and Glaxo Smith Kline (Pharmacy). Strong strategic positioning and solid offer skills (aerospace training) won the most strategic maintenance contracts on the market (BASF and Fina Antwerp Olefins), despite of stringent competition (red ocean).
Reference: Mr. F. Tulkens, General Director KAEFER Benelux
Project Office Manager @ QinetiQ Space:
All QinetiQ Space Project Managers periodically (monthly, as a minimum) report the status and progress of over +30 projects (total portfolio value +60 Meuro) to the Project Office (corporate operational management supervision). The objective of the Project Office is to continuously supervise, control and improve project execution effectiveness at corporate level. Since the QinetiQ Space is entirely project oriented, this hence is an important driving parameter in the company performance.
Duties & responsibilities as Project Office Manager:
• Supervision, control and coaching of +30 space projects and project teams (technical, risk mitigation, schedules, resource planning, budget control, personnel training, customer support and satisfaction, etc.) at corporate level.
• Implement company strategy to support company growth, profitability and sustainability.
• Direct link between sales and the project managers with the objective to negotiate and approve internal project budgets at project kick-off.
• Implement, tailor and safeguard standardized project methodologies (incl. tackle ad hoc problems) to meet the above corporate objectives trough state-of-the-art project execution (without exception).
• Manage and plan the direct workforce resources (+50 highly trained professionals in the project engineering pool), prioritise in case of inter project resource conflicts, advise the board and support HR during recruitments, coordinate with the line managers (HoDs), etc.
As Project Manager:
The successful realisation of 15 international aerospace projects between 1998 and 2006, for a total budget (company contract value only) of over +20 Meuro, in direct contact with ESA, NASA and/or in partnership with large European aerospace industrial concerns such as Astrium/EADS (formerly DASA, Daimler Chrysler Aerospace), Thales Alenia Aerospazio (I), OHB (D), Kayser Threde (D), EAC, DLR, Kayser Italia and many others. Cooperation with scientists from different universities (domestic and abroad). Main point of contact for external relations with the Agencies, Prime and Subcontractors on the industrial and/or scientific team. Corporate representation in international meetings.
Among these projects are the first European contribution to the International Space Station (ISS): NASA’s Microgravity Science Glovebox and a record breaking simultaneous development of 5 scientific experiments for the ODISSEA mission. These experiments were executed by ESA astronaut Cpt. Frank De Winne during the so-called Belgian Soyuz Taxi Flight in October 2002. The development and mission were executed in close cooperation with NASA, ESA, Roskosmos/Energia (Russian Space Agency and launcher authority) and launched from Baikonur Cosmodrome, Kazachstan in September 2002.
In 2005 and 2006, leading a very small engineering team, I designed, manufactured and qualified two Short Arm Human Centrifuges in less than a year for both Space Clinics in Cologne (D) and Toulouse (F). This achievement opened up a set of new business opportunities penetrating the ‘manned space human physiology’ market and ‘boot-strapping’ our contributions in this business with over 1000%.
As Key Account Manager (Business Development):
Over 100 acquired prospects and offer phases (new projects and contract changes) in 12 years for both ESA and the European Commission as author and/or bid manager with a verified (!) success rate of +90% (offers won versus offers released), including +12 MEuro intake (sales) over the last 3 years at QinetiQ Space. Coordination with the Belgian governmental delegation (lobby). Contract negotiations with customers, prime and subcontractors. Coaching and supervision of several internal Project Managers and teams, mainly with regard to their commercial relations with the large aerospace customers.
As Project Office Manager:
Implementation of the QinetiQ Space Project Office and corporate project methodology (in 2008), currently showing the first undisputable benefits in the Corporate Balanced Scorecard (FY 2010). Introduction of a corporate incentive based on ‘delta project profit target’ scheme that was already achieved and paid to all personnel in its first year after introduction (FY 2010), due to a apparent change of project personnel mentality with regard to (mainly) cost control. Changing personnel mentality and perception is most likely the most difficult and therefore best achievement of all the above.
Reference: ir. F. Preud’homme, Commercial Director QinetiQ Space
ir. D. Claessens, COO QinetiQ Space
Wavefront Engineering Consultancy, Burcht (B)
(privately owned consultancy business, non profit)
Owner (since December 2007)
Wavefront Engineering Consultancy was established with the (non profit) objective to manage or facilitate extra-ordinary projects and to share specific knowledge and experiences in the areas of:
• Corporate management consultancy, with special attention for change management, methodology, communications and reporting
• Open innovation project facilitation and networking
• Specialised design, engineering and prototyping (incl. safety)
• Electromagnetic radiation prevention
EXTRACURRICULAR WORK EXPERIENCE
In order to be able to fully independently foresee in my livelihood as a student, I necessarily combined my academic studies with countless (mostly) full-time jobs. The list of employers below is condensed. The diversity in assignments was not only fascinating and enriching (at that time), but allowed the ‘sharpening’ of people and commercial skills that academic (civil) engineers are not always famous for:
Procter & Gamble Sales rep health and beauty care.
2 years, 10 months each (1991-1993), full time.
IBM (via E.M.S. Chiara) IT marketing support and sales at events.
2 years, freelance.
Ping - Eunet Telemarketing and sales, promotion and events, part-time.
Vlemminckx Herent Inventory of industrial machine parts, electrical and pneumatic systems.
6 months, full time.
FNAC Sales of books and IT equipment
K.U. Leuven Several jobs and assignments (student administration and catering)
Horeca Leuven Barkeeper en waiter in many of Leuvens’ student cafés and restaurants (such as Rodins’, De Confrater, De Rector, ‘t Schild van Loven, ‘t Gareel), 7 years non-stop.
Assignments abroad General sports- and children animation, recurring yearly assignments
Water-ski and ski monitor in France, Italy and Austria (holiday periods, touristic seasons).
University Rugby Team K.U. Leuven
Player from 1990 until 1999.
7 times Flemish University Champion
Belgian University champion in 1994
Player - Coach in 1997 - 1998.
“Prijs Sportverdienste”; Personal award for special achievement K.U. Leuven in 1994
Organization England Rugby tour in 1995.
Co - founder University Ladies Rugbyteam in 1997 - 1998.
Sports (active): Skydiving: Experienced D license, +500 free-fall parachute jumps from 12.000 ft. altitude
Paragliding (parapente): Austrian licence, +50 high mountain flights
Travelling: Preferably adventurous (long solo-trips with my BMW R1200C motorbike), but mostly “professional” travels
Culture: Amateur theatre actor (member of company “Leute” in Burcht since 2005)
Reading: News, non – fiction, politics, management and science.
LAST UPDATE: FEBRUARY 2012.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.