My objective is to obtain a full time position as a technician or developmental engineer in the opto-mechanical field. My background includes experimental hardware to flight hardware to space flight hardware, permitting me to be flexible in dynamic work environments. With continued education and training in CAD, I aspire to include tool design and design of experiments to my skill set, becoming a designer capable of performing extensive laboratory work and field service.
I feel that I can contribute substantially by bringing the following skills:
· 8 years experience in Opto-Mechanical integration and testing, including projects with experimental test chambers, experimental miniature precision mechanisms and breadboards, tactical and space fast steering mirrors, scan mirrors, and thermal compensators.
· Capable of leading a team of technicians, allocating work assignments, tracking work products and maintaining databases.
· Experience with a wide range of commercial products, including air conditioning systems, electrical wiring and troubleshooting, AC & DC motors, pneumatic components, watch mechanisms and lock mechanisms. Capable of combining aerospace designs with COTS components for cost effective experimental designs.
· Training in report generation, test and build documentation, data processing, and statistical analysis.
· Six Sigma Certified. Completed 5 Raytheon Six Sigma Projects
· Innovative design and sketching using CAD tools (Graphite). Have fabricated design projects and tool improvements through Innovation Laboratories, one project currently patent pending.
· Familiarity with operating in a laboratory environment, with experience in stocking, housekeeping, and HAZMAT.
California State University, Dominguez Hills: GPA: 3.75: B.A. Psychology, Dean’s Honor List.
El Camino College: GPA: 3.64: AA in Psychology; AS in HVAC, Dean’s Honor List.
SSBI and Secret
Raytheon: January 2003 to present:
Space Flight Opto-Mechanical Technician: Programs include Millennium, Brisbee, Tonga, VIIRS, STSS, and APL5. Opto-mechanical build, test and integrate variety of assemblies. Duties include closing build and test records, team lead, database management, build and test of fast steering mirrors, integration of electronics box assemblies, support environmental testing, bonding precision optics and optical assemblies. Assisted with providing drawings for tooling.
Advance Beam Control: Generated conceptual optical layouts for beam conditioning system. Generated detailed drawings of opto-mechanical parts and assemblies for fabrication. Supported customer meetings, provided design and schedule status.
Edgewood Active Standoff Chamber: Lead technician responsible for the fabrication and integration large (24’ x 40’) chem-bio simulant test chamber, external aero-window units and modular power distribution system. Led the assembly and testing efforts to verify performance and implement design modifications. Participated in design phase reviews and drawing check. Generated electrical schematics and installation drawings. Supported field integration of the test chamber, achieving full build and functional operation on an aggressive 2 week schedule. Generated and maintained Training and Integration Manuals.
OPO Tuner: Assembled and reworked the OPO tuner mechanism. Produced shop drawings for tooling.
Image Motion Compensator (IMC) Testing: Performed IMC screening and thermal scale factor, friction and servo testing. Trained additional technicians to perform test. Documented testing procedures as part of Raytheon 6sProject.
PML Support: Organized and maintained laboratory supplies and equipment. Passed cleanroom certification and ESD certification.
DRS: February 2002 to January 2003:
Duties included assembly fast steering mirrors, thermal compensating lenses, scan mirrors, lens cells, thermal qual testing. Participated in redesign efforts and drawing check and review. Developed new techniques in opto-mechanical assembly / rework, including developing new technique to remove bonded mirrors from scan mirror assembly without damaging mirrors and motor assemblies for substantial reduction in rework time and cost.
Mark’s Lock & Safe: July 2001 to Dec 2001
Duties include rekeying autos and standard locks, master key locks, installing hardware, grinding, making and modifying parts when unavailable, installing electrical access systems and surveillance systems.
Engravable U Watch Repair: May 1990 to 2000
Duties include grinding, custom machining, locksmithing, engraving, watch repair, sales, tracking inventory.
Continental Refrigeration, Heating & Air: November 1997 to April 1998:
Duties include installation, maintenance and service repairs of residential and light commercial air conditioning units.
El Camino College, Air Conditioning Laboratory Assistant Instructor: May 1996 to May 1998:
Duties include assisting professor in instruction of students, maintaining supplies & equipment in laboratory, installing new equipment, organizing supplies & equipment.
U.S. Army Reserves, 349th General Hospital: April 1992 to April 1998.
Completed Technical Training and Certifications:
Fully certified for operating in class 1000 cleanrooms and handling / building space flight hardware. Full list of certifications available upon request.
Six Sigma Specialist Qualification: Issued 1 Nov 2005 (Raytheon).
Universal Air Conditioning Certification: Issued 18 Oct 1995.
Military Driver's License, U.S.A.R: Truck size: 5 ton and 1 1/4 ton, forklift (5 ton limit).
HAZMAT (Hazardous Material Training): Colorado School of Mines.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs.
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.