- Oct 2014 till Present - Company: European Spallation Source
- Location: Lund, Sweden
- Job Title: FPGA Expert for Fast Beam Interlock.
- Feb 2013 to Sep 2014: Company: University of Dundee / Start Dundee
- Location: Dundee – Scotland.
- Job Title: Spacecraft Engineer.
- Sep 2008 to Aug 2011 - Company: CERN (European Organisation for Nuclear Research).
- Location: Geneva – Switzerland.
- Job Title: Fellow – Beam Instrumentation Designer.
- Feb 2006 to Feb 2007: - Company: CERN (European Organisation for Nuclear Research).
- Location: Geneva – Switzerland.
- Job Title: Technical Student – Optical Link Developer.
- 1997 to 2000: - Company: J&A Ingenieros Informaticos.
- Location: Redovan – Spain.
- Time: 3 years.
- Job Title: Technical service manager
Projects and Researches (see attached document)
- 2014-2016: Fast Beam Interlock: Developing the new ESS Fast interlock system, and unprecedented Interlock for an unprecedented neutron source.
- 2014: Vhissi (Very High Speed Serial Interface): European project and multi-company collaboration to develop a new generation of chips that will set the new standard in Space on-board communications.
- 2013 – 2014: PXIeH card: Design of the new Hardware system platform used by UoD and Star Dundee for the new generation of SpW and SpFi Modules.
- 2013: SpW PnP: Implementation of the updated Standard to speed up network construction (VHDL).
- 2009 – 2011: TRIC: System used to measure and calculate the Beam Intensity on TT2, PSB, LINAC and LEIR.
- 2008 – 2010 : Isolde WD: Upgrade of the old system using the new TRIC Cards (digital integrators)
- 2008: VME RF Multiplexor (8 to 1@3GHz)
- 2007: Optical Link Simulation: Project Developed in CIT based on the simulation of a digital Optical Link (similar to the used on 2006 in CERN). (Mark: 81%).
- 2006: Optical Link: Project Developed in CERN based in an Analogue and Digital Link with VME interface to transmit and control the synchronism signals sent to all the experiments.
- 2005: DVB-S2 - LDPC Coding over AWGN Channel: Project Develop in W.I.T. based in a Emulation write in C++ of this codec over Linux. (Mark: 93%).
- 2003: Design and construction of a Digital Signal processing system for Voice processing: A microcontroller trainer system designed for testing and developing audio algorithms. (Mark: 100%).
- Sep 2004 to June 2007 (Erasmus): Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) in Electronic Engineering - Waterford and Cork Institute of Technology in - Cork - Ireland. (Global Mark: 70%).
Subjects: System Control Theory, Telecommunication Theory, Semiconductor And Materials, English For Erasmus Students, Industrial Studies & Placements, Object Oriented & Windows Programming, Control Engineering, Electronic Engineering, Maths and DSP, Telecommunication Engineering, Computer Engineering, Management, Project, Applied Control System, Real Time Systems, Applied DSP, System Integration, MEMS, Spread Spectrum and Electronic Design, Intenship in CERN
- Sep 1999 to Jun 2003: Bachelor of Engineering in Technical Engineering in Telecommunications: Electronic System - U. of Valencia in Valencia – Spain. (Global mark: 80%).
Subjects: Analogical Components & Electronic Circuits, Digital Components & Electronic Circuits, Linear System Analysis, Mathematical Analysis, Engineering Physic Fundaments, Mathematical Calculations, Introduction Programming, Cad Technical, Synthesis Of Linear Systems, Fundaments Of Computer Architecture, Digital Electronic Systems. , PLC’s, Programming 2, Simulation Technical, Electronics Instrumentation, , Electronics Devices, Introduction To DSP, Fundaments Of Electronics Communication , Microelectronics, Introduction To Telecommunication Systems, Introduction To Control Systems, Projects, Introduction To Commutated Power Source, Technical English For Engineering , Power Electronics Introduction, Information Multimedia Treatment, Data Transmission Nets, Electronic Systems With Microcontrollers, Final Project.
- Jun 1999: Technical Specialist Diploma in Industrial Electronics - Technical institute “Instituto de Formacion Profesional El Palmeral” (Global Mark: 93%).
- Oct 2015
- Type and title: Paper - Overview and design status of the Fast Beam Interlock System at ESS
- Conference ICALEPCS 2015
- ISBN/Link: http://icalepcs.synchrotron.org.au/papers/mopgf138.pdf
- Authors: A. Monera Martinez, R. Andersson, A. Nordt, M. Zaera-Sanz, C Hilbes
- Jan 2014:
- Type and title: Paper - SpaceFibre: Adaptive High-Speed Data-Link for Future Spacecraft Onboard Data Handling
- Conference: 2014 NASA/ESA Conference on Adaptive Hardware and Systems
- ISBN/Link: http://ieeexplore.ieee.org
- Authors: S. Parkes, C. McClements, D. McLaren, A. Monera Martinez, A. Ferrer Florit, A. Gonzalez Villafranca
- Jan 2011:
- Type and title: Article - Upgrade of the CERN PSB/CPS Fast Intensity Measurements
- Conference: 12th International Scientific Conference DIPAC2011
- ISBN/Link: http://adweb.desy.de/mpy/dipac2011/papers/mopd66.pdf
- Authors: A. Monera, M. Andersen, D. Belohrad, L. Jensen, L. Søby, G. Kasprowicz,
- Operative systems: MSDOS 5.0 to 6.3, Windows (ALL including server edition), Linux.
- Office suites: Microsoft Office (all versions). Open Office
- Electronic & CAD Software: Altium, Pspice, Orcad Capture & Layaut, Visual HDL (Allegro v15.5), Quartus(VHDL), Visual Elite(VHDL), Proteus, Matlab, Mplab.
- Programming languages: VHDL, ASM (microchip and Intel), C, C++, Visual Basic, Visual C, TCL/TK.
- Network Management: Medium - Advanced level.
- Computers Hardware: Advanced level.
Language Speaking Reading Writing
- Spanish Mother tongue
- English: Fluent Fluent Fluent
- French Basic Basic Basic
- Motorcycle Riding
- Flying and designing RC airplanes.
- Willing to Learn.
- Willing to Travel & Relocate.
- Full / Clean Driver’s licence.
- Henrik Carling (ESS) Upon request
- Steve Parkes (UoD) email@example.com
- David Belohrad (CERN) David.Belohrad@cern.ch
- Lars Soby (CERN) Soby@cern.ch
- Sophie Baron (CERN) firstname.lastname@example.org
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.