Challenging and formative job.
Interested in aerospace research.
Interested in temporary or part-time contracts.
Willing to move and/or transfer abroad.
· PhD in Science, Technology and Measurements for Space (STMS), at the Centre of Studies and Activities for Space CISAS - "G.Colombo" research department of the University of Padova, Italy, 2009-2011
o The title of the doctoral thesis is " Measurement techniques for assessing and reducing the risk posed by Micrometeoroid and Orbital Debris to Space vehicles".
Main research areas:
§ Risk assessment methodology, impacts phenomenology and design methods.
§ Experimental methods (i.e. acceleration techniques and diagnostic instrumentation).
§ Engineering models (i.e. measurements of the effects of the M/OD and derivation of damage equations).
Supervisor: Prof. Alessandro Francesconi
o Other research areas:
§ Visiting researcher at Cranfield University (UK), June – September 2011
- Development of a single stage light gas gun.
Supervisor: Prof. Rade Vignjevic
§ ESA (European Space Agency) BEXUS Programme, December 2009 – May 2011
- SCRAT (Spherical Compact Rechargable Air Thruster) Experiment
Development of the structural and pneumatic subsystem for a low-thrust cold gas actuator.
Supervisor: Mr. Olle Persson, Swedish Space Corporation project manager, ESRANGE Space Center
o Conferences and courses attended
- 20th ESA Symposium on European Rocket&Balloon Programmes (05/2011)
- ARA 2010 (09/2010)
- 11th Hypervelocity Impact Symposium 2010 (04/2010)
- 5th European Conference on Space Debris (04/2009)
- Space Debris: Threat to orbiting S/C and mitigation concepts (05/2010)
- Image analysis for HVI (11/2010)
- Multifunctional Composites (03/2010)
- III National School INFN (04/2009)
o Seminars presented
- The SCRAT Experiment (Cranfield University, UK, 06/2011)
- Space Debris: An Increasing Risk (Cranfield University, UK, 07/2011)
- BARILARO L., A. FRANCESCONI, PH.D, M. FARAUD, C. GIACOMUZZO, PH.D. AND R. DESTEFANIS (2010). IMPACT DAMAGE AND BALLISTIC LIMIT EQUATIONS FOR FLEXIBLE MULTILAYER METEOROID AND DEBRIS PROTECTION SHIELDS.
[ARA2010 Best Student Paper Award] - ARA 2010 Congress. Thun (Switzerland), 12-17 September, 2010
- A. FRANCESCONI, PH.D, C. GIACOMUZZO, PH.D, BARILARO L., E. SEGATO, PHD (2010). NUMBER, SIZE AND SPEED DISTRIBUTION OF PARTICLES EJECTED FROM SPACECRAFT SURFACES DURING HYPERVELOCITY IMPACT.
ARA 2010 Congress. Thun (Switzerland), 12-17 September, 2010
- A. FRANCESCONI, C. GIACOMUZZO, BARILARO L. (2010). A method to assess the average properties of spacecraft ejecta from hypervelocity impact.
11th Hypervelocity Impact Symposium. Freiburg (Germany), 5-11 April, 2010
- ALESSANDRO FRANCESCONI, CINZIA GIACOMUZZO, DANIELE PAVARIN, LEONARDO BARILARO, FRANCESCO ANGRILLI (2009). Characterization of ejecta from hypervelocity impacts on spacecraft external surfaces.
XX AIDAA Congress. Milano, June 29 - July 3, 2009
· MSc. in Aerospace Engineering: University of Padua, Italy, April 2008, GPA 96/110
“Design of a non pyrotechnic actuated valve for a hybrid rocket”
(in co-operation with CISAS and SELEX Galileo)
Supervisor: Prof. Daniele Pavarin
- STRUCTURAL ANALYSIS LABORATORY
o Final report on “Structural optimization of an optical bench as a support for two telescopes” (with Ansys software)
- THERMAL CONTROL OF SPACE VEHICLES
o Final report on “Thermal control of a satellite”
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.