• Teamwork; solving technical problems; technical writing; design and development; and programming.
• Fluent in English, French, and Irish.
Masters of Science; M2 recherche:
Astronomy, Astrophysics & Space Engineering, l’Observatoire de Paris, France, July 2011
Honours Bachelor of Science:
Physics, National University of Ireland in Galway (NUIG), July 2010
English, French, Irish, Biology, History, Maths & Physics All Honours achieved,
Presentation Brothers College, Cork, June 2006
Mac OSX, Linux, Windows.
Languages & Software:
C, IDL, FORTRAN, Java, SHAPE, Matlab, Apex, Gespecor, GammaVision, Gimp, Final Cut, LaTeX, Word, TextWrangler, Excel, PowerPoint.
Research Intern March-June 2011
Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), l’Observatoire de la Côte d’Azur, Nice, France
• Post processing of VLT infrared data of a recent classical nova, through use of IDL in a shell based ssh environment. As well as mathematical and computational modelling.
• Work will result in a scientific publication in the Astronomy & Astrophysics Journal in Dec. 2011
Research Aide January-May 2010
National University of Ireland, Galway (NUIG) Centre for Astronomy, Physics De- partment
• Resulting publication: Towards an explanation for the 30 Dor (LMC) Honeycomb nebula. Meaburn J, Redman M, Boumis P, Harvey E. June 2010. Mon. Not. Royal Astronomical Society
Environmental Research Intern June-August 2008
Radiological Protection Institute of Ireland & University College Dublin
• Optimisation and calibration of γ-ray spectrometers between the repective in- stitutions.
• Paper written which is used as a reference for UCD to act as a protocol support for the RPII in case of emergency.
Laboratory Aide April-May 2004
CNRS zoology station, Villefranche-sur-mer, France
• Transmission electron microscopy training in the context of zoological research.
• Wrote an extensive report on the work conducted entitled: Progression of the mitochondrial cloud in stage one oocytes of the Xenopus Maximus.
WORK EXPERIENCE & COMMUNITY SERVICE
River Wines 2007 - 2009
Shipping and receiving as well as handling logistics. Covered summer and Christmas relief periods.
Lifeguard and Reception Work 2004 - 2006
Worked with Enable Ireland at the Lavanagh centre as a lifeguard at their swimming pool. This is in a school which caters for the physically disabled until they reach adulthood.
Volunteer at L’Arche 2004
Volunteer work with adults with intellectual disabilities at the Togher L’Arche branch, where I helped out with candle making and gardening classes amongst other activities.
Primetime Shop 2004
Worked on stock and till in a busy city centre clothes shop.
AWARDS & EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
– Awarded meritorious winner in COMAP, an international mathematical modeling competition in 2010 within in a team of three.
– Represtented NUIG in the Irish Intervarsities Physics quiz organised by the Institute of Physics.
– Lifeguard, First aid and scuba diving qualified.
– Competitive skateboarder and surfer.
– Also involved with film making and editing.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.