Obtain a position which allows me to conduct real scientific research to help understand its effects.
· Proficient with the following software & OS: Unix, Windows, IDL programming, IRAF, basic MySQL, Microsoft Office (including word and excel), Open Office, Autodesk Inventor, SolidWorks
· Performed observational astronomical studies at professional observatories and reduced observations to produce significant scientific results.
· Circuit analysis: Including TTL logic.
· Southwest Research Institute August 2010 – present
Assist Marc Buie, PhD with photometry and spectroscopy of Pluto and with a Kuiper Belt Object search by using and creating IDL and IRAF programs to analyze thousands of images to ascertain photometry, astrometry for Pluto and KBO's. This grant funded full-time employment through 12/31/2011, and part-time to present.
· Brad Borncamp CPA, LLC. September 2004 – May 2011
Employed part time during high school and college to provide administrative support to this professional services firm. Duties included handling of sensitive client information to perform bookkeeping, copy and assembly individual and business tax returns, and cross train other personnel. Proficient with QuickBooks and Timeslips software, payroll, and other administrative office duties.
Activities and Academic Achievements
· Observation and Instrumentation (ASTR 3510&3520) - Upper lever course focused on the inner workings of operating a professional observatory and process related data. Gained image processing skills and methods for proving photometry and spectroscopy results.
· Gateway to Space (ASTR 2500) - Upper level course to design and built the CU Biosat project to lift bacteria to a near space environment and return it for testing and analysis. Document that radiation present in the near space atmosphere significantly affects the growth rates of bacteria compared to similar conditions on the ground.
· Astronomical Data Analysis (ASTR3800) - Upper level course to apply IDL programming language for a variety of projects and statistical analysis of sample astronomical data.
· Intro to Digital/Analog Electronics (ECEN 1400)
Gained significant knowledge of how electronic circuits and electrical components are used for practical purposes including TTL circuits. (ex: successfully designed and built a digital clock.)
University of Colorado at Boulder
Bachelor of Arts in Astronomy; Graduated May 2011
· Space Odyssey volunteer at Denver Museum of Nature and Science
· Volunteer telescope operator at Sommers Bausch Observatory
· Member of Boulder Astronomical & Space Society and Longmont Astronomical Society
· Member of University of Colorado Fly Fishing Club
References and letters of recommendation available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.