· MOBILE COMMUNICATIONS:
2G&3G mobile networks design, planning, rollout and optimization.
· SATELLITE COMMS:
VSAT networks design and rollout. International projects.
Specialization courses for University students.
Research on power supply quality.
· SELF-EMPLOYED TELECOM PROFESSIONAL:
Telecommunication projects for buildings: project
drafting and works management.
· Team working.
· Committed, enthusiastic.
· Team management experience.
· Determined and high performance.
· Willing to learn and improve.
· Excellent oral and written communication.
· Teaching skills.
· Analytical skills.
· Autonomy, multitask.
· Other interests: classic cars and motorcycles, mechanics, construction and restoration of wooden boats.
· MEng in Telecommunications Engineering Cantabria University (UC) – October 2000.
· Master in Space Technology and Science Basque Country University (EHU-UPV) - June 2011.
· Master in Mobile Communications Madrid Polytechnic University (UPM) - June 2003.
February 2006 – December 2012: Senior Radio Engineer at Ingenieria de Sistemas y Servicios, S.A. (IS2) – Consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks (NSN):
× Optimization Support Team Leader as a consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks leading a team of 3 engineers giving specialised technical support to special projects and events.
× Senior Radio 2G/3G Optimization Engineer as a consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks responsible for the assurance of the network quality targets established by the customer in Granada and Córdoba Spanish provinces.
× 2G/3G First Tuning Team Coordinator as a consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks leading a team of 3 engineers and 2 field technicians, responsible of assuring that any new base station, in North-West Spain region, complies with the minimum quality targets required by the customer .
× Zone Coordinator as a consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks leading a team of 5 engineers and 2 field technicians for 2G/3G networks optimization and reporting directly to the customer Area Manager.
× RF Engineer. Planning, roll-out, integration and optimization of 2G/3G mobile networks as a consultant at Nokia Siemens Networks.
× Specialised technical support to MOVISTAR to provide mobile coverage and capacity during special events as F1 and MotoGP races in Spain, Feria de Abril in Seville, Feria de Malaga and others.
× To lead a special project to provide UMTS900 coverage to more than 1600 villages in rural areas in northern Spain for TELEFONICA-MOVISTAR.
× Leaded a team of 3 engineers during a technological swap from Motorola to Nokia for MOVISTAR 3G network in northern Spain. Swapped more than 2000 B nodes during 1 year.
× Quality assurance in more than 2500 2G/3G cells in Granada and Cordoba for ORANGE.
× Leading a team for the optimization and quality assurance of more than 3000 2G/3G cells in Asturias for ORANGE.
× Design of 76 new base stations and 9 special designs (metro stations, theatres, hotels, tunnels, airports) for ORANGE network in the Basque Country.
· March 2004 – February 2006: Radio Frequency Engineer at IRUTEL, S.A.
Planning and optimization of 2G and 3G mobile networks for several nation-wide operators such as TELEFONICA Movistar and ORANGE. Consultant at Siemens Mobile.
· July 2003 – March 2004: Radio Engineer at VODAFONE
Planning and optimization of the VODAFONE’s 2G and 3G networks in northern Spain.
· April 2001 – July 2002: Systems Engineer at Ingeniería y Servicios Aeroespaciales, S.A. (INSA)
× Technical documents drafting: offers, design, installation, testing, commissioning and operation & maintenance.
× Responsible for power and UPS systems design.
× Systems integration, factory operational and acceptance tests, field installation and commissioning.
× Custom formalities.
× Via satellite communications project for the air traffic control networks of the Office National des Aeroports in Morocco. Design, field installation (Casablanca, Oujda and Agadir airports and Safi and Ifrane radar tracking stations) and commissioning leading a group of 7 local technicians.
× Remote support to the roll-out of COCESNA air traffic control network in Central America.
· October 2000 - April 2001: IT Consultant at ALTRAN
WAP system testing for Terra Mobile.
· June 1997 – October 2000: Researcher at the Electronic Instrumentation Group of the Electronic and Computers Dept. of the University of Cantabria (UC)
Researching about power supply quality and effects of harmonics on electrical motors performance.
· 2000 – 2008: Self-employed Telecommunications Engineer: telecommunication projects for buildings. Project drafting and works management.
· Postgraduate Specialization Course Monitoring and Control of Industrial Plants: Electronic and Computers Dept. of the University of Cantabria (UC).Development of graphical user interfaces (GUI) for the operation of data acquisition and control boards. (97/98 and 98/99 courses)
Publications and papers:
· Effects of Harmonics in Voltage Supply on the Performance of Induction Motors: Paper submitted, accepted and presented at the IEEE International Symposium on Diagnostics for Electrical Machines, Power Electronics and Drives (SDEMPED’99) in Gijón (Asturias - Spain). Authors: Julio Barros, Víctor Moreno y Daniel Cando. (September 1999)
· A Laboratory for Power Quality Analysis: Paper published in the International Journal of Electrical Engineering Education (July 2001). Authors: Julio Barros, Iker Durana y Daniel Cando
· English: Fluent
· Spanis: Mother tongue
Full driving license
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.