Oct 2004 - Present: Mission Systems Engineer, MDA Space Missions, Brampton, ON
- Critical team member of the Logistics and Sustaining Engineering program for the Mobile Servicing System (MSS), Canada’s contribution to the International Space Station (ISS); the MSS consists of the Space Station Remote Manipulator System (Canadarm2), Mobile Remote Servicer Base System (MBS), and Special Purpose Dexterous Manipulator (Dextre)
- Current duties involve performing Verification and Validation testing on MSS Operator Control Software and Canadarm2 Control Software; duties include developing automated test scripts for test scenarios derived directly from system requirements
- Conducted End-to-End Integration testing of the software subsystems of the MSS, including GUI testing of MSS Software used by astronauts on ISS; duties include developing test plans and test scripts for specific use cases
- Provided system support during Space Shuttle Flights to ISS; duties include replicating on-orbit scenarios encountered by the astronauts and addressing end-user concerns about the system
- Technical lead for mission critical functional testing of reconfiguration files used for manoeuvres of the Canadarm2 and Dextre; received Employee Recognition Award for exemplary work in this role
- Implemented and unit tested mission critical software patches to real-time embedded control software; maintained Software Requirements Specification and Software Design Documentation, incorporating changes that correspond to software enhancements to the Canadarm2 Control Software
- Extensive experience in designing, scripting, and executing test cases, analyzing results, and investigating integration issues for complex control software systems; highly proficient in executing tests using custom-made automated testing tools for integration, user acceptance, functional, system, and regression testing
- Extremely adept at generating documentation pertaining to Test Requirements, Test Specifications, Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Logs, and Test Results
May 2007 – Feb 2008: Research Assistant, School of Computer Science, McGill University, Montréal, QC
- Performing advanced research on trust-protected data storage in online social networks.
- Developing simulations and analyzing results to determine feasibility and efficiency of a variety of access protection schemes
Sep 2007 – Dec 2007: Teaching Assistant, School of Computer Science, McGill University, Montréal, QC
- Teaching assistant for Operating Systems Course and Computer Networks Course
- Duties involved grading assignments, answering students' questions and proctoring examinations
May 2004 – Aug 2004: Research Assistant / Software Developer, Department of Computer Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, ON
- Engaged in the development of a web-based framework to support collaborative undergraduate programming projects
- Using Object Oriented Analysis and Design techniques, analyzed system requirements by interviewing prospective users, and designed and successfully implemented the system in Java according to specifications and wrote test cases in JUnit to thoroughly test the system
May 2002 – Aug 2003: Software Engineering Intern, MD Robotics, Brampton, ON
- Designed and implemented an application to aid in Contract Negotiations and Program Planning
- As an MSS End-to-End Testing team member, performed, analyzed, and documented certification testing of flight data files and flight software for the operations of Canadarm2, and wrote automated testing scripts to test MSS Operations Software
Master of Science, McGill University, Montréal, Quebec
Area of Concentration: Online Social Networks
- Thesis: “A trust-based access control scheme for social networks”
- Implemented access control scheme prototype using Ruby
Honours Bachelor of Science, University of Toronto, Toronto, Ontario
Specialist in Computer Science: Software Engineering; Minor in Biology
- Graduated with High Distinction
- Dean’s List Scholar
University of Toronto School of Continuing Studies, Toronto, ON
- Certificate in Latin Language (Expected November 2012)
- Object Oriented Design Patterns
- Java (JavaBeans)
- CSH/Bash Shell Scripting
- Eclipse IDE
- GNAT Programming Studio Pro
- MKS Source Integrity
- MKS Integrity Manager
- Rational Apex
- Rational Testmate
- MS Office
- MS Visio
- Rational Rose
- Experienced technical team lead for mission critical projects
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Determined individual who is eager to learn new technologies
- Speaks fluent English, Tagalog, and currently learning Latin
AWARDS / ACHIEVEMENTS
- MDA Employee Recognition Award for successful reconfiguration file testing
- St. Michael’s College Silver Medal in Computer Science
- Golden Key International Honour Society Member
- Dr. E. Bruce Tovee Award from the Metro Toronto Police Association
- William J. Brown Memorial Scholarship from St. Michael’s College at the University of Toronto
LIST OF PUBLICATIONS
B. Ali, W. Villegas, and M. Maheswaran, “A trust based approach for protecting user data in social networks,” in CASCON '07: Proceedings of the 2007 Conference of the Center for Advanced Studies on Collaborative Research, (New York, NY, USA), pp. 288-293, ACM, 2007.
W. Villegas, B. Ali, and M. Maheswaran, “An access control scheme for protecting personal data," Privacy, Security and Trust, 2008. PST '08. Sixth Annual Conference on, pp. 24-35, Oct. 2008.
- Canadian Secret
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.