● An experienced Mobile Radio and Satellite Engineer, Telecommunications, B2B & commercial market sectors
● Strong technical, strategic project planning & technology development experience
● Results oriented, client & profit-focused with engineering project planning skills.
● Liasing with and delivering presentations to various professionals and levels of management.
● Experience of analysing complex situations, project management, capacity planning, frequency management, technical documentation production, project testing & integration planning, with strong verbal & written communication & comprehensive IT skills
KEY CAREER ACHIEVEMENTS INCLUDE:
● Ericsson PROPS-C for Project Managers (affiliated to the Project Management Institute)
● Producing complete Indoor Radio solutions and designs (GSM and UMTS) for sites across the Netherlands
● Design of Microwave Transmission links
● Capacity and Frequency Planning of Microwave Links
● Costing all aspects of the design implementation
● Producing site audit reports
● Overseeing the installation of equipment
● Conducting commissioning tests/measurements and configuration of GSM and UMTS channel/band selective repeaters.
● Producing technical responses to invitations to tender bids for complex VSAT (Very Small Aperture Terminal) networks
● Preparing & delivering technical presentations & reports for senior management teams
● Initiating & delivering numerous technical recommendations, detailed guidance & advice
● Approving integration designs & overseeing test procedures for communications systems
● Ability to provide client single point of contact for technical, commercial & project matters
December 2011 to Date
Network Quality Manager, KPN Mobile, Den Haag, The Netherlands.
● Radio Access Network feature testing for the KPN Mobile Network Modernisation project.
● Co-ordination of Radio Testers/Trouble-shooters for KPN Mobile Network Modernisation project.
Janaury 2010 to December 2010
ASSET MANAGER: SES WorldSkies B.V., The Netherlands
● As part of the Pre-Sales process, advise on capacity availability and review and approve the commercial terms of potential space segment services.
● Assignment of Satellite Capacity for both Standard and Occasional Use services.
● Management of Satellite Capacity.
● Optimisation of available capacity in close co-operation with internal and external customers, through reassignment of existing services and/or satellite reconfigurations.
● Coordination with Sales Engineers, Sales Directors and Account Managers on Capacity Assignment issues.
● Identify potential opportunities for improved utilisation of Satellite Fleet.
● Develop relationships with both internal sales regions and strategic customers with a view to obtaining current market perspectives on satellite space segment technical and commercial requirements.
July 2007 to January 2010,
RADIO TRANSMISSION & INDOOR RADIO ENGINEER: Ericsson Networks, The Netherlands.
April 2005 to June 2007,
INDOOR RADIO DESIGN ENGINEER: Orange Netherlands, The Hague, The Netherlands.
● Designing Microwave/Fibre Radio Access Transmission links (with use of IQLink and Mapinfo).
● Capacity and Frequency Planning of Radio Access Microwave Links
● Ordering and Acceptance of Line-Of-Sight surveys.
● Responsible for In-Building Radio Coverage solutions and implementations across The Netherlands
● Responsible for initial radio coverage and quality measurements (using TEMS/ROMES) to determine most suitable In-building radio coverage solution.
● Use of Geographic Information Software (Mapinfo, GIMS) to determine best BTS site(s) for in-building solution
● Use of 3G Radio Planning tool (Netact / Mapinfo) to determine the best solution for 3G in-building radio coverage
● Responsible for final radio coverage and quality measurements (using TEMS / ROMES / ACTIX) to determine the quality of indoor coverage pre- and post-installation,
● Validation of initial site audit and design report from sub-contractors.
● Taking charge of design meetings on-site with sub-contractors and determining the type of indoor solution to be implemented (e.g. Repeater Site or Base Transceiver Station/Node-B) based on radio coverage and (predicted) traffic.
● Responsible for on-site design and location of all radio equipment for indoor solutions including Radio Access transmission link.
● Configuration, performing commissioning tests (which include repeater gain settings and isolation measurements) and hand-over of on-site repeaters to the mobile radio network.
● Issuing reports to radio planning/optimisation department(s) with coverage and serving cell details for integrating sites into the radio network
● Liasing with optimisation teams for removal/addition of neighbour sites within the network optimise KPI’s.
● Liaising with sub-contractors to ensure Health and Safety standards & quality of work.
● Liaising with Radio Optimisation team to resolve integration issues, as well as traffic analysis and ongoing monitoring of indoor sites.
Sept 2000 to April 2005
SATELLITE NETWORKS ENGINEER: Cable & Wireless Plc, London, UK
● Responsible for evaluating, testing & commissioning satellite earth station and VSAT equipment
● Conducting Radio Frequency Interference surveys for satellite earth stations
● Ensuring that the communications services met all the clients requirements
● Managed frequency allocation within satellite transponder leases & assigned channels
● Used various complex radio frequency test units for VSAT/Satellite Earth station commissioning
● Worked on Satellite Earth Station & VSAT projects including various projects in the UK, Diego Garcia & Kenya
● Liaised extensively with professionals in many fields to ensure safety & quality of work
● Liaised with consultants & contractors to ensure information & data delivered on time
● Conducted reviews & liaised with client & suppliers technical managers for improvement
● Liasing with and presenting to customers and sales teams
● Presenting technical solutions to various levels of management
Jan 2000 to Sep 2000
OPERATIONS SUPPORT ENGINEER: Vodafone Ltd
● Responsible for special events co-ordination to ensure adequate mobile telephone coverage for events beyond standard network coverage.
● This required extensive liaising with the Radio Optimisation, Network Implementation and Marketing teams.Appointed to predict traffic requirements & check sufficient network capacity available
● Liaised with Radio Optimisation & Network Implementation teams to model the traffic
● Used radio propagation software & cell-planning database as network operation support tools
● Produced guideline notes for UMTS, GPRS, E(xtended)GSM and equipment deployment maps
● Developed customer information documents for cellular services offered by company
● Used & jointly developed Extended GSM Predicted Traffic Requirement computer model
● Prepared & delivered presentations & reports for the senior level management teams
● Delivered numerous technical related recommendations, detailed guidance & advice
Sep 1998 to Dec 1999
ASSOCIATE CONSULTANT: Compaq Computer Corporation
● Responsible for the completion of graduate training programme & working on fault ticket system
EDUCATION & QUALIFICATIONS:
● MSc degree in Mobile & Satellite Communications
● B.Eng (Hons) degree in Electronics Engineering
● Diploma in Project Management (affiliated to George Washington University)
● Higher National Diploma in Electronics & Communications Engineering (BTEC)
● Ordinary National Certificate in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
● Five ‘O’ Levels
● Born 18thSeptember 1968
● Interests include Football, International Politics, DJing, Table Tennis, Classic Paperbacks
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.