Space Systems Engineering
Exploration of satellite system design, integration and operation
Imperial College London
MEng Hons. Materials Science and Engineering
My course involved a mixture of core and elective technical modules, with some additional elective business modules.
1997 – 2003
Dr. Challoner’s Grammar School.
A2 level:Mathematics (A), Chemistry (B), Physics (B). AS level: French (B). GCSE: 3A*, 4A, 5B.
· Analytical: I am an experienced user of advanced software such as NASTRAN, PATRAN, and Solidworks. I have gained valuable programming experience with C++ and Visual Basic. I am also an exceptional user of all Microsoft Office applications.
· Languages: I am able to freely converse in French and German, in addition to a basic grasp of Spanish.
· Scientific: I have vast experience relating to electrical, thermal and mechanical analysis in addition to the integration of the three disciplines into a system application. I have a strong technical understanding of reliability engineering requirements and practices. I have also gained experience in a multitude of analytical spectroscopic techniques using efficient and accurate quantitative calculations and subsequent deductions, yielding key information concerning the molecular structure of subject materials.
· BSI Level Auditor: 18 months experience conducting internal and external supplier and facility audits. The internal audits span all departments at MESL. As the audits are conducted, I focus on resolving the audit actions in a correct and timely manner. I am responsible for the management of all space suppliers, ensuring that the company supplier visit plan is completed on schedule
· Environmental test management: I have been fully involved in environmental testing such as vibration and thermal vacuum testing for nearly six years. Upon working with MESL, I have developed my role from a technical support function to a test co-ordinator.
· Project Management: I have participated in a series of industrial project management courses, giving me invaluable experience in project management. I have spent nearly six years closely liaising with a number of project managers and have used the afore-mentioned skills to compliment this close working relationship.
· Leadership and Teamwork: I have been the technical authority for a multitude of projects, each with their unique demands with respect to schedule and design. I have subsequently enhanced my ability to make key decisions and take on a variety of leadership roles within project teams. This has enabled me to consistently deliver results and drive project progress. For the past two years I have been able to supplement these skills with the roles of Product and Quality Assurance.
· Communication: I employ several different media techniques in order to efficiently interface with customer groups, key to project success. I also implement these skills during internal project meetings and design reviews. In addition, I am required to work and communicate with suppliers and have enhanced my communication skills whilst dealing with supplier non-conformances and conducting supplier audits.
· Marketing and Sales: I have successfully supported negotiations to tender with my technically based knowledge, reassuring major clients that their requirements are fully understood.
November 2012 – Present:
MESL Microwave Ltd.
Senior Product Assurance and Quality Assurance Engineer
· I support all space projects throughout the product life-cycle, from bid verification up until delivery and post-sales activity.
· I am responsible for project documentation such as declared lists and product inspection specifications. I am also required to perform reliability analyses and contribute to product FMECA assessments.
· I am responsible for chairing project milestone reviews such as MRR and TRR activities. I am the prime company representative, supporting and closing customer PCB and MPCB reviews.
· I have introduced new working practices to MESL, such as MPCB reviews as well as an overall new product implementation process. In addition, I have introduced new documentation such as an EEE parts management plan. I have overseen a transition of existing company documentation to approved ECSS formats.
· I am the company authority for receiving and relaying ESA industrial alert notifications.
· I am the company authority for approval and release of all space products manufactured by MESL
· I am responsible for the status of all company operating procedures. One of my duties is to ensure that MESL operating procedures meet customer expectations. I draw on a number of external industry standards to achieve this.
· I perform internal audits to ensure that company procedures are followed. The internal audits enable me to identify any areas for improvement.
· I am responsible for conducting external audits with all space part suppliers, supporting MESL engineering, production and procurement activities.
· I have introduced a space standard non-conformance process as well as placing greater focus on company training activities. I have been responsible for transforming the company skills matrix into a quality assurance tool suitable for working on a variety of space projects. In addition, I have reviewed and updated the company goods inwards processes. I have also created a dedicated space quality plan.
· I am responsible for all in-house vibration testing and the maintenance of the vibration test equipment. I have implemented a number of improvement activities such as the correct storage and use of test jigs. I am also responsible for the maintenance of the test facility and the calibration of vibration test equipment.
· I respond to all customer requests for product vibration testing and ensure that approved test subcontractors are able to deputise in the event that MESL are unable to perform the vibration test.
August 2008 – November 2012:
ABSL Space Products
· I was a technical authority on an array of diverse satellite projects involving close, constant team work with a number of personnel ranging from directors, project managers and manufacturing technicians. I have built an excellent rapport with my clients, most of whom enjoy significant clout within the space and aerospace industry.
· I performed a multi-disciplinary engineering role in which I perform continuous design iteration between thermal, mechanical, electrical, magnetic and reliability factors. As a result, I have a strong background in all the above disciplines and extensive experience in implementing key techniques and attaining project success.
· I interacted and collaborated with all other departments providing unparalleled visibility into the working practices of all the industrial roles such as product assurance, quality assurance, project management, manufacturing and testing.
· As I developed, I took on increasing responsibility for a number of internal and external product tests which are commercially sensitive to ABSL, thus ensuring the future stability and continuous growth of an already thriving business.
· I identified potential improvements to internal working practices and procedures and enhanced the efficiency of the business. I chaired review meetings in order to facilitate such improvements.
June 2011 – October 2012:
Transport Team Leader
· From the bid award in 2005, I volunteered and secured a team leader role coordinating and implementing the transportation strategy for the London 2012 Olympic and Paralympic games.
June 2007 – August 2007:
· I led an inter-departmental project, in which I co-ordinated between four independent departments. The project focused on the lifing of components within the Trent 900 engine, used on the Airbus A380.
Société Nationale Maritime Corse Méditerranée.
· This was a French work experience programme, in which I gained and enhanced interview skills plus a grass roots knowledge of French business culture and working practice.
November 2004 – 2009:
Harry Hitchcock Ltd.
· I have gained sales and front-of-house experience for major public events such as Premiership and international football matches. In addition, I was able to participate in event management operations.
October 2005 – January 2006:
Imperial College Alumni Services.
· Telephone sales and fund-raising experience, over £100,000 raised by project team.
June 2001 – January 2003:
Marriott Hotel Leisure Centre.
· Marketing, promotion and sales experience.
Interests and Achievements:
· Music: Violin (Grade8), viola (Grade5), percussion (Grade4). Sports: hockey, cricket and football at university, school and Corps level. A number of academic awards at school and university.
· Air Training Corps: 1999-2003, during which I was promoted to rank of Sergeant.
· Youth Interfaith: I co-ordinated and participated in a number of diversity and dialogue forums.
References available on request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.