To whom it may concern,
I am an Italian Satellite Application Engineer. My work is driven by the passion for the complexity of the Earth system. I am firmly convinced that a better comprehension of its phenomena can only be achieved by a joint effort of different expertises. My main interest concerns the usage of data from Remote Sensing, which has provided the scientific community with a various and extensive set of information that can be used to interpret and model the reality.
I am writing because I am in search of a job experience that involves the analysis of data that are currently available from the satellites and more in general the earth observation systems. I already had research experiences in the storage and manipulation of ARGO data as well as remote sensing data from altimetry missions (ENVISAT, JASON, TOPEX). Moreover I have worked with other kinds of satellite data from gravimetry missions (GRACE) and SAR images.
The path that I have been following in my studies reflects my interests. I have obtained two Master Degrees, both focussed on climate change. The Master Degree in Environmental Studies at the Autonomous University of Barcelona, which I have just concluded, has given me an overview of the causes and consequences of human activities, on the cycles and the interactions between land, atmosphere and ocean, as well as an insight on the climate drivers and the variability of the past.
In MunichI attended the international Master Degree in Earth Oriented Space Science and Technology (ESPACE), and I specialised in Earth Science. I had several courses on Remote Sensing, Image Processing, Estimation Theory, Computer Modelling, Oceanography and Climate Dynamics, among the others.
My master thesis about sea level fluctuations in Mediterranean Seabased on ARGO observations got the maximum score and has been published on the March 2011 issue of "Bollettino di Geofisica Applicata, An International Journal of Earth Sciences".
My background is strongly connected with fluid dynamics, aerodynamics, statistics, numerical analysis, mathematics, computer science, and physics, coming from the bachelor degree in Aerospace Engineering at Politecnico di Milano, a highly competitive university in which only the 50% of the students enrolled in the first year complete their studies. During those years I have improved my interest in computer modelling by laboratory experiences such as modelling Navier-Stokes equations through finite elements in a MATLAB environment.
An international working environment is something I am already used to, since the Masters I attended were both international projects, entirely taught in English. I am used to present, write articles and share information with the scientific community in English; I presented the Master Thesis from Munichin Karlsruhe, during the “Geodatische Woche” and last April I presented a research about ocean acidification at the European Geosciences Union General Assembly in Wien.
I have lived in three countries (I can also speak Spanish and German) and travelled in several countries around the world, so English is also the language I use everyday to communicate with my friends.
Date of Birth: 4/12/1985
- University assistant-researcher (2008, Muenchen)
Education and training
- September 2010 - July 2011; Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain
Title of qualification awarded: Master Degree in Environmental Studies - Global and Climate Change
Principal subjects: Past, present and future of climate change, paleooceanography and oceanography, GIS, environmental history, multicriteria analysis
- October 2007 - November 2009; Technische Universität München (Technical University), Germany
Title of qualification awarded: Master Degree in Earth Oriented Space Science and Technology
Principal subjects: Earth System Science, Oceanography, Gravimetry, Satellite based Altimetry, Remote Sensing, Photogrammetry, Image Processing, Estimation Theory, Computer Science, Fluiddynamics, Approximation Methods, Electrodynamics, Computer Modelling, Satellite Mission Management, Space Propulsion.
- October 2004 - July 2007; Politecnico di Milano (Technical University),Italy
Title of qualification awarded: Bachelor Degree in Aerospace Engineering
Principal subjects: Fluiddynamics, Aerodynamics, Computer Science, Approximation Methods, Mechanichs and Dynamics, Computation of Structures, Thermodynamics, Chemistry, Mathematic Analysis
- September 2002 - July 2005; British School of English, Italy.
Title of qualification awarded: PET, First Certificate of English (Cambridge University), Level 4 (Oxford University)
- September 1999 – July 2004; Liceo Classico B. Marzolla, Brindisi (Italy)
Title of qualification awarded: High School Diploma
Principal subjects: Latin, Greek and Italian Literature; History, Philosophy and History of Arts; Mathematics and Physics; English.
- Italian: native
- English: fluent
- German: conversant
- Spanish: fluent
Computer skills and competences:
- Competence in GIS software, such as gvSIG
- Advanced competence in software as Excel, Word, Access, Explorer, Powerpoint, acquired in 2004 with the EUROPEAN COMPUTER DRIVING LICENCE (ECDL)
- Advanced competence in the use of the software LATEX
- Advanced competence in the usage of specific software as the toolboxes of ENVISAT, and specific data format as NeTCDF
- Advanced competences in programming techniques with the software MATLAB
Hobbies and interests:
- Independent backpacking travels
- Playing music (guitar, piano, harmonica)
Additional relevant information and experiences:
Passaro, M., and Seitz, F. (2011) "Steric sea level variations in the Central-Eastern Mediterranean
Sea from ARGO observations", Bollettino di Geofisica Applicata, An International Journal of Earth
Sciences, Vol. 52, n. 1, pp. 131-147
- Master Thesis: "Steric sea level variation in the Mediterranean Sea", submitted in October 2009. Key
words: sea level, Argo floats, satellite altimetry, Mediterranean sea
- Master Thesis: "Exploring CO2 volcanic vents at Vulcano Island, Mediterranean Sea, to study the
planktonic calcifier response to long-term changes in carbonate chemistry." Key words: ocean
acidification, coccolithophores, hydrothermalism, calcification, dissolution.
CONFERENCES AND WORKSHOPS
- Presentation: "Steric sea level variation in the Mediterranean Sea"; presented in the Geodetic Week 2009 (22-24 September 2009, Karlsruhe)
- Poster: "Exploring CO2 volcanic vents at Vulcano Island, Mediterranean Sea, to study the planktonic calcifier response to long-term changes in carbonate chemistry." (co-authors: Patrizia Ziveri, Marco Milazzo, Riccardo Rodolfo-Metalpa, Jason Hall-Spencer). Presented at the EGU2011 (3-8 April 2011, Wien)
- Workshop: MedSeA Training Workshop "CO2 vents as natural laboratories for ocean acidification studies" (25-27 May 2011, Vulcano Island)
- Master Thesis: "Steric sea level variation in the Mediterranean Sea", submitted in October 2009, related article to be published in german and italian research bullettins.
- Presentation: "Steric sea level variation in the Mediterranean Sea"; presented in the Geodetic Week
2009 (22-24 September 2009, Karlsruhe)
- B1 Zertifikat Deutsch passed with 288.5/300 points, in date 21/10/2009 at the Goethe Institut of
- "Ritorno al futuro" 2009, Regione Puglia
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.