F.R.S - FNRS Research fellow
Research fellow at F.R.S - FNRS
October 2008 - Current situation (3 ans 7 mois)
PhD Thesis about the European Space Policy. Topic:
Designed as a public policy analysis, this thesis aims at analyzing the construction of the European space policy from the beginnings (in the sixties) up to the most contemporary developments. While trying to identify the 'referential(s)' of the European space policy, the thesis will bring to light, next to the classical dimensions related to the institutions and the interests (frequently mobilized in the space cooperation literature) a more cognitivist or constructivist dimension that allows to consider the complexity of the intellectual constructions explaining the emergence, the assertion and the implementation of a policy. The purpose is to confirm the following hypothesis: the European space policy (and its intrinsic difficulties) does not only result from the clash of the States' interests but is constructed trough an historical trajectory in which different social spaces, governed by specific norms and dominated by a certain type of actors, have been involved. After careful consideration of the 'Europeanization' phenomenon of the space policy, the thesis aims at demonstrating that over the years, this policy proved to be a large and ambitious project of contribution to the construction and legitimatisation of a political actor: the European Union as an international actor.
- "With the head in the air and the feet on the ground: EU's actorness in international space governance", ISA Annual Convention, Global Governance: Political authority in transition, March 16-19 2011, Montreal.
- "The North-South Divide in Space Security: Regulating a Global Common", IPSA/ECPR Joint Conference, Whatever Happened to North-South, February 16-19 2011, University of Sao Paulo.
- "L'Union européenne: Un acteur spatial international?", Séminaire de recherche doctorale en relations internationales, Paix et Sécurité, REPI/Pôle Bernheim, 15 décembre 2009, Bruxelles.
- "L'espace comme outil d'affirmation de l'Europe de la défense: La face cachée de Galileo", Communication présentée au Congrès Annuel de l'Association Française de Science Politique (AFSP), 7-9 septembre 2009, Grenoble.
- "Space as an instrument for European defense assertion: Galileo's dark side", The External Relations of the European Union: Historical and Contemporary Perspectives", Monash University and EU Centre, 24-25 september 2009, Melbourne.
- Dialogue avec Vivien A. Schmidt à propos des approches institutionnalistes, Séminaire de l'Ecole Doctorale Thématique en Etudes Européennes, FNRS, 9 décembre 2008, Bruxelles.
- "Public Research Projects in Europe and East Asia: Cooperation or Competition?", EU-Japan Relations 11th Annual Brussels Conference, Egmont Palace, 24-25 November 2008, Brussels.
- "Du problème d'être à la fois juge et partie: Mobilisation des savoirs experts dans l'élaboration et l'analyse de la Stratégie Européenne de Sécurité", Communication au Congrès Annuel de l'Association Belge de Science Politique (ABSP-CF), 24-25 avril 2008, Louvain-la-Neuve.
Executive Coordinator at Garnet Network of Excellence
October 2008 - May 2009 (8 mois)
- Organisation of two international conferences at Palais d'Egmont
- Organisation of two summer schools
Assistant at Institut d'Etudes Européennes
2007 - 2008 (1 an) - Chargé de cours:
POLI-D-104: Exercices sur des questions d'histoire politique contemporaine (5 ECTS - 24 heures) - Séminaire consacré à la conquête de l'espace et ses enjeux politiques
POLI-D-520: Security practices and political violence in historical perspectives (5 ECTS - 24 heures) - Séminaire consacré à l'ONU et la gestion de crises internationales
- Administrative tasks - Erasmus coordinator
Redactor in chief at Eyes on Europe
2006 - 2008 (2 ans)
Université libre de Bruxelles
Certificat de formation à la Recherche, Science politique, 2007 - 2008
Institut d'Etudes Européennes
Master, Etudes européennes à finalité politique, 2005 - 2007
Université du Québec à Montréal
Bachelor's degree, Science Politique, 2004 - 2005
Université libre de Bruxelles
Licence, Science Politique (Relations internationales), 2001 - 2005
Activités et associations : Membre actif du Bureau des Etudiants en Science Politique (BESPO)
"Galileo, magnifico ?"
L'Echo 20 octobre 2011 Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard
"Un Big Bang dans la gouvernance spatiale européenne"
L'Echo 21 octobre 2010 Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard
"Public research projects in Europe and East Asia: Cooperation or competition? A comparative analysis of the ITER and Galileo experiences"
East Asia International Quarterly 1 mars 2010
Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard, Frederik Ponjaert
"Quid de l'exploration spatiale américaine?"
La Libre Belgique 6 février 2010 Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard, Alain De Neve
"ERT et BR, des lobbies haut de gamme similaires?"
Eyes on Europe avril 2008
Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard, Danaé Anastopoulos, Olivier Plumandon
"Le syndrome de la province sous Baxter: Entretien avec Didier Donfut sur les perspectives financières 2007-2013"
Eyes on Europe avril 2008
Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard
"A glimpse at the post Cold War European defense market"
Eyes on Europe avril 2006 Auteur(s) : Julien Béclard
Mémoire de licence lauréat pour le "Prix Euro-Atlantique 2005" du Ministère belge des Affaires Etrangères.
French : Native
English : Fluent
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.