• 20+ years of Mechanical Systems Engineering and Project Engineering experience.
• Expertise in large complex systems integration and aerospace hardware development and test.
• Vast direct experience developing NASA and DoD spacecraft and EELV Launch Vehicle programs.
• Integrated international commercial spacecraft with Russian Proton Launch Vehicle
• Proven history of superb customer satisfaction and successful team leadership.
Master of Science and Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering 1991 Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge MA
Project Engineer The Aerospace Corporation, Chantilly VA 2006 - present
• Provide technical advisement to the Department of Defense (DoD) Office of Space launch (OSL) Systems Engineering, Advanced Programs and Launch Management Divisions, maximizing their effectiveness in key decisions.
• Held accountable as the Aerospace Mission Integrator of primary and secondary spacecraft with their launch vehicle.
• Form and lead teams of diversely skilled engineers, guiding invaluable technical changes to contractor spacecraft and rideshare designs and development and testing protocols to ensure technical requirements are satisfied.
• Develop and maintain trusted relationships with the spacecraft provider, the United Launch Alliance (ULA) launch vehicle provider, and the support contractors, working as a team to resolve technical interface issues.
• Co-lead the development of auxiliary spacecraft host capabilities and independently assess small payload rideshare design concepts and analyses for the next-generation small payload rideshare systems and facilitate successful launch of first DoD rideshare mission, with greater than $50 M cost savings over original budgets.
• Establish and implement the OSL risk management process. Write the OSL Systems Engineering Management Plan.
• Work with the DoD and technical Subject Matter Experts on tailoring military standards, identifying requirements and developing verification processes and mission assurance profiles for new imaging spacecraft program.
• Lead team in mapping mission assurance and military environmental testing standards to spacecraft program requirements and verified how these requirements are satisfied. Earned performance recognition bonus due to high customer satisfaction with the product.
• Independently verify satisfaction of all contractual interface requirements to promote mission success and report status to the customer and management.
• Close and track action items, confirm appropriate requirements verification allocations and methods, and use my technical expertise to improve program technical documents for significant successful spacecraft milestone events.
Spacecraft Integration Manager International Launch Service (ILS), Lockheed Martin Corp. 2004 - 2006
• Provided technical and program management support from launch services contract award, to spacecraft integration at the Baikonur Cosmodrome launch site, through launch and post-launch closeout, for three international customers.
• Developed trusted relationships and worked with multinational team members, through language interpreters, to coordinate all interface issues and launch preparation activities in design reviews and operations during the launch campaign, as the technical point of contact for the mission.
• Wrote and obtained four-party signature approval of the contractual spacecraft to launch vehicle Interface Control Document (ICD) between the Russian Proton launch vehicle and the French EADS Astrium commercial communications spacecraft and verified all ICD requirements were satisfied for launch.
• Delivered orbital parameter updates from the Proton launch vehicle to the spacecraft customer from liftoff through spacecraft separation for 3 launches, to allow the spacecraft to be acquired and initiate operations.
• Worked with document control and the licensing department to ensure International Traffic and Arms Regulation (ITAR) technical data and FTC-controlled data was appropriately marked, processed, and exported.
Integration and Test Engineer Harris Corporation, Palm Bay FL 2003 - 2004
• Led manufacturing, test and delivery of electronic circuit card assemblies for an onboard communications system for a national defense satellite that remains in use today.
• Authored program test plans, environmental and functional test procedures and reports, circuit card assembly and rework procedures and fiber optic process documents to ensure hardware was built, tested and delivered to meet program technical requirements and schedule.
Systems Engineer Science Applications International Corp. (SAIC) 2002 – 2003
Cape Canaveral FL (short-term contract)
• Applied corporate and Air Force systems engineering management processes and military standards to USAF spacecraft processing and launch facility projects to ensure facilities were ready to support launch operations.
• Conducted launch facility design trade studies, briefed results and obtained management approval to proceed with recommended solutions.
• Performed System Requirements Analyses and conducted System Requirements Reviews to provide verifiable requirements that comprehensively cover all needs and confirmed requirements were satisfied.
Mechanical Systems Engineer The Boeing Company, EELV Delta IV Launch System 1997 - 2002
Launch Operations Engineer Huntington Beach CA and Cape Canaveral FL
• Envisioned and implemented 20 launch pad access Ground Support Equipment (GSE) items, from concept to full operations. Most of these items are still being used today at Vandenberg Air Force Base (VAFB) and Cape Canaveral Air Force Station (CCAFS).
• Established verifiable requirements, authored procurement specifications and a Statement of Work, developed and distributed Request for Proposal, evaluated proposals, and selected the first-generation portable clean shelter still used today to protect the spacecraft from contamination during on-pad spacecraft access at VAFB and CCAFS. Managed design, fabrication, assembly and test the portable clean shelter, verified that it delivered Class 5000 clean air.
• Made sound technical decisions on system interfaces, new hardware systems designs, and resolutions to existing hardware problems for Evolved Expendable Launch Vehicle (EELV) Delta IV Ground and Launch Systems Operations.
• Authored detailed operations procedures for pre-launch payload and launch vehicle access and launch tower configuration. Directed the performance of these procedures at the launch pad.
• Led and managed all second-shift mechanical vehicle processing operations at the launch pad, including coordinating personnel and hardware, writing procedures and directing technicians.
• Implemented on-the-spot solutions to pre-launch vehicle flight hardware anomalies in the field.
• Earned Boeing Achievement Award for formally presenting new launch support facilities and on-pad spacecraft access systems to the spacecraft customer at VAFB.
• Conducted trade studies and design optimization studies and developed launch operation plans that were used in successfully establishing new launch vehicle and payload processing facilities for the EELV Delta IV launch system.
Instrument Integration Engineer NASA/The Jet Propulsion Laboratory 1988 - 1997
Launch Vehicle Integration Engineer Pasadena CA
• Managed technical interface and the ICD between the Cassini spacecraft and two science instrument suppliers, one domestic and one German. Both instruments are collecting invaluable science data today.
• Verified both science instruments met all operational parameters and spacecraft requirements for safety, operating temperature, use of consumables, material compatibility, thermal protection, and micrometeoroid protection and acceptance inspection and formally presented the science instruments as "ready to fly".
• Wrote test procedures and sent commands to the science instruments from console during spacecraft system level testing and resolved testing anomalies.
• Designed, fabricated, assembled and functionally tested spacecraft/launch vehicle separation mechanical hardware and formally delivered them to the Cassini program for successful installation and operation.
• Represented a range of engineering disciplines pertaining to the integration of the Mars Pathfinder spacecraft with the Boeing Delta II launch vehicle.
Detailed resume and references available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.