Forty years experience in applied science and engineering involving work on geologic, volcanologic; hydrogeologic, geotechnical, and engineering projects in western North America; on planetary geology resource exploration; and in education. Field experience in Alaska, California, New Mexico, Oklahoma, Texas, Canada, Mexico, and Iceland. This experience includes the following:
· 40 years as a subject matter expert in geologic and engineering practices and research in western North America, including professional consultation for the State of California as a Registered Professional Geologist developing state-testing requirements for registration of geologist, geophysicist, and engineering professionals; and as an expert witness for the State of Texas Railroad Commission providing testimony on the development of legal requirements for the oil & gas industry (including issues for oil and gas drilling procedures, field development, and well spacing; and reservoir/fluid hydrodynamic evaluation issues).
· 21 years experience in petroleum and mining exploration, including surface and subsurface mapping; drilling and reservoir engineering; geophysical borehole log and seismic data analyses; economic evaluations; hydrodynamics of petroleum and mineral accumulations; training of staff; and wellsite supervision of field operations.
· 15 years experience in hazardous waste site investigation and remediation, including project management; remedial investigations; report preparation; hydrogeologic studies; design and construction of monitoring and remediation systems; training of staff; supervision of subcontractors; management of clients; and negotiating with regulatory agencies.
· 15 years management experience in the petroleum industry (consisting of supervision of a staff of 34 professionals and support personnel; management of a $20 million drilling and land acquisition budget; and forming and managing an independent oil and gas company) and the environmental remediation industry (consisting of management of an annual $500,000 investigation and remediation budget and a staff of 6 professionals and support personnel).
· 15 years experience in teaching geology and applied science/engineering to professionals and at the K-6 grade levels, including training geologists and geologic engineering technicians in applied science and field procedures; unpaid volunteer work, on a regular basis, in the public school system; a paid position with the CSU Sacramento Continuing Education Department; and organizing and co-leading volcanology field trips in California, Oregon, Iceland, and Mexico.
· 9 years experience in planetary geology and space resources exploration, including development of a draft concept text on exploration and development of planetary resources on the inner terrestrial planets (including summaries of planetary characteristics; geologic histories; stratigraphic correlations; and topographic and terrain features of terrestrial planets and satellites); and studies on space mission analysis and design.
· 4 years experience in global climate change issues and predictions, including analysis of natural and cultural factors contributing to global warming and cooling; identification of potential areas of impact from global warming; and outlining potential mitigation responses to the effects of climate change for incorporation into general planning for urban and agricultural areas.
2006 – present Provided geologic expertise to oil and gas exploration companies and to environmental remediation companies. Part-time science teaching at the K-6 grade levels.
planetary geology and climate change
2001 – 2010 Responsibilities included project management and fundraising; research and compilation of planetary data; and preparation of unpublished documents related to targeting specific resources for colonization of the terrestrial planets (using applied science and engineering); including:
· compilation of a lithostratigraphic geologic correlation chart of the terrestrial planets of the inner Solar System (including terrestrial satellites of the planets of the outer Solar System);
· merging of NASA and ESA global geochemistry and radar maps with corresponding planetary imagery maps (incorporating surface geologic and global tectonic features with individual planetary geologic history); and
· studies of climate change on terrestrial planets and satellites (using Earth as the 1storder evolutionary model) in response to planetary accretion; asteroid and cometary impactor events; evolution of volatile constituents in planetary atmospheres and oceans; tectonic evolution; biologic evolution; and second-order events (such as glaciation cycles and changes in sea level).
PlanGeo Exploration and Development, Sacramento, California (2001-2010)
(Planetary Geologist and Scientist)
Environmental Site Investigation and Remediation
1991 - 2006 Responsibilities included project management; remedial investigations; report preparation; hydrogeologic studies; design and construction of vadose and groundwater monitoring and remediation systems; client management; and negotiating with regulatory agencies.
Environmental Resources Management, Sacramento, California (1997-2006)
(Project Manager; Senior Geologist)
Terranext/Industrial Compliance, Sacramento, California (1993-1997)
(Senior Geologist; Staff Geologist)
Versar, Inc., Fair Oaks, California (1991-1993)
Oil and gas exploration and production
1985 - 1990 Founded a private oil and gas company to generate prospects using seismic and subsurface mapping; evaluate producing properties; acquire leases; and operate oil and gas wells in California. Drilled 14 prospects from 1986 through 1989, seven of which were completed as natural gas producers. Projects were operated by Aristata; marketed to the California petroleum industry; or placed to a variety of private investors for drilling and development.
Aristata Exploration, Inc., Roseville, California (1985-1990)
1974 – 1984 Oil and gas exploration and production - responsibilities included:
· Planning and implementation of an exploration budget and exploration strategy;
· Generating exploratory and offset drilling prospects (including preparation of cross-sections, subsurface and surface mapping, geophysical and seismic data evaluation, and reports);
· Recommendation of property acquisitions for drilling prospects;
· Advising engineering staff on drilling procedures, well completions, and economic evaluations;
· Supervision of professional and support staff and trained geologists;
· Supervision of geophysical and seismic activities;
· Conducting petrophysical analyses using geophysical logs and core analyses;
· Wellsite geology and engineering.
Texas Oil & Gas Corp. - Midland, TX and Sacramento, CA (1978-1984)
(District Exploration Manager; District Geologist; Geologist)
Gulf Oil Corporation - Goldsmith, Crane, and Odessa, TX (1974-1978)
(Senior Geologist; Geologist)
1970 - 1974 Assisted in regional geologic studies of various regions in New Mexico, under the supervision of the State Geologist.
New Mexico Bureau of Mines & Mineral Resources, Socorro, NM (1970-1974)
1970 - 1971 Conducted reconnaissance geologic field work over two field seasons, exploring for base metal mineral deposits in Southeast Alaska.
El Paso Natural Gas Company, Ketchikan, Alaska (1970-1971)
Continuing education classes in subsurface facies analysis; hydrogeology; petrophysical analysis (geophysical and whole rock core); carbonate and terrigenous depositional systems; exploration economics; reservoir engineering; applications of computer technology; seismic prospecting; hazardous waste management; statistical evaluation of analytical data; interpretation of terrestrial planetary geology, stratigraphy, tectonics, and potential resources to support planetary colonization efforts.
M.S. Geology Candidate (1974) New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology, Socorro, New Mexico.
B.S. Geology (1972) New Mexico Institute of Mining & Technology, Socorro, New Mexico.
State of California Professional Geologist (No. 5560)
Kuehn, Steve and Jensen, James G., 2006, Newberry Volcano, Oregon: Volcanological Society of Sacramento Guidebook.
Jensen, James G., 2005, A Comparison of Noachian-Age Spherules on Mars with Archean-Age Impact Spherules and Jurassic-Age Sedimentary Spherules on Earth – Age vs Origin vs Petrography: Open–File Report.
Jensen, James G., 2005, Comparative Stratigraphy of the Inner Terrestrial Planets – A Draft Perspective: Open–File Report.
Jensen, James G., 2004, Preliminary Re-evaluation of the Proposed Existence of Subsurface Water on Mars and the Moon from Existing Geophysical and Geochemical Data: Open-File Report.
Franzson, Hjalti and Jensen, James G., 2003, Geology of Southern Iceland: Volcanological Society of Sacramento Guidebook.
Moore, James G. and Jensen, James G., 2000, Orbicular Diorites at Fisher Lake, Central Sierra Nevada Mountains, California: Volcanological Society of Sacramento Guidebook.
Jensen, James G., 1980, Precambrian Geology of the Llano Uplift, Central Texas: West Texas Geol. Soc., Pub. No. 80-73, p. 9-27.
Foster, Roy W., and Jensen, James G., 1974, Oil and Gas Potential of a Proposed Site for the Disposal of High-Level Radioactive Waste: New Mexico Bur. Mines & Min. Res. Open File Report, 296 pages.
Foster, Roy W., and Jensen, James G., 1972, Carbon Dioxide in Northeast New Mexico: New Mexico Geol. Soc. 23rd Field Conference Guidebook, p. 192-200.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.