Nationality German. EC citizen (no work permit required)
A proactive, creative physicist with a broad scientiﬁc understanding, excellent communication skills and inter-cultural competence. Fields of interests: modern optics, applied geophysical problems (eg. seismic, inverse problems, geostatistics, rock physics), energy related problems (eg. CCS)
Applied research in sensor/tool development (eg., LIDAR), deployable world-wide, preferentially in Russia, Europe or North America, also ﬁeldwork
Post-doctoral researcher Institute de Physique du Globe Paris, France, since 2012
Imaging of methane hydrates
PhD project (Institute de Physique du Globe Paris, France) 2008 - 2012
- Successfully applied inverse technique to CO2 monitoring
- Estimated CO2 saturation and dissolution
- Optimized in-house inversion research code
- Developed reservoir physics code
- Applied Monte Carlo method to estimate parameter uncertainty
Intern (Schlumberger-Doll Research Cambridge, USA), 2009 & 2010
- Developed Fortran inversion routine to estimate Summers reservoir parameters during CO2 injection
Research assistant (Freie Universit¨at & Teramobile Berlin, Germany), 2006 - 2008
- Designed, set up & evaluated experiments for studying effects of intense laser pulses in the atmosphere
- Developed a dynamic spatial phase mask that controls ﬁlamentation of high intense laser pulses in air
- Showed that linear power partitioning is dominant at early ﬁlamentation stage using the phase mask
- Developed laser condensation chamber
Tutor Freie Universit¨at Berlin, Germany, 2006 - 2008
- Teaching physics laboratory courses
Intern Geo Research Center Potsdam, Germany, Spring 2006
- Developed Matlab script that contributed to ﬁnding of high spatio-temporal correlation between earthquakes and volcanic eruptions on a global scale
Intern United States Geological Survey Denver, USA, Summer 2005
- Measured ﬂuxes of greenhouse gases in Denver area and Rocky Mountains
- Implemented automatic sampler
- Ph.D. in geophysics ("with honours") Institute de Physique du Globe de Paris, France, 2008 - 2012
Subject: Quantitative monitoring of CO2 injection at Sleipner using seismic full waveform inversion in the time lapse mode and rock physics modeling, with S. C. Singh
- Master (Diplom) in physics Freie Universitaet Berlin, Germany, 2003 - 2007
Subject: Control of multiple ﬁlamentation in air by spatial phase modulation with a dynamic deformable mirror utilizing Gallium, with L. Woeste, mark: very good (1.4)
- Study abroad of physics, geophysics and medical physics University of Victoria, Canada, 2004 - 2005
- Bachelor (Vordiplom) in physics Justus Liebig Universit¨at Gießen, Germany, 2001 - 2003 with minor sub ject inorganic chemistry
radio ham; communications systems technician during military service
• Worked with oscilloscopes, mass spectrometers, vacuum pumps, lock-in ampliﬁers, x-ray diffraction, optical and x-ray spectroscopy, LEED, SEM, AFM and tunnel microscopy, magneto-optical traps
• Basics skills in wood and metal working (eg. turning machine)
• Excellent analytical skills & problem solving instincts
• Proven adaptability: change between two scientiﬁc sub domains for PhD
• Demonstrated creativity: eg. used liquid Gallium for phase mask
• Communication & organization skills: eg. guided tours in historical windmill, organized raﬄes, participated in political and science publicity events
• Languages: German (mother tongue), English (IBT: 104 pts), French (CEFR level B2), Russian (basics)
• Inter-culturally competent
• Self disciplined & enduring: eg. learned to go beyond apparent physical limits and lived companionship during military service
INTERESTS & ACTIVITIES
• Member of the German Physical Society (DPG)
• Sports, music, drawing, wood working
PUBLICATIONS & TALKS
Peer reviewed journals
Queißer, M., Singh, S., Localizing CO2 - Full Waveform Inversion versus seismic images, Geophysics, in prep
Queißer, M., Singh, S., Full waveform inversion in the time lapse mode applied to CO2 storage at Sleipner, Geophysical Prospecting, in press, 1-19, doi: 10.1111/j.1365-2478.2012.01072.x
Philipp Rohwetter, J´erome Kasparian, Kamil Stelmaszczyk, Zuoqiang Hao, Stefano Henin, No¨elle Lascoux, Walter M. Nakaema, Yannick Petit, Manuel Queißer, Rami Salam´e, Estelle Salmon, Ludger W¨oste & Jean-Pierre Wolf, Laser-induced water condensation in air, Nature Photonics 4, 451 - 456 (2010)
Stelmaszczyk, K.; Fechner, M.; Rohwetter, P.; Queißer, M.; Czyzewski, A.; Stacewicz, T.; W¨oste, L., Towards Supercontinuum Cavity Ring-Down Spectroscopy, Appl. Phys. B. 94, 369 (2009)
Stelmaszczyk K, Rohwetter P, Fechner M, Queißer, M, Czyzewski A, Stacewicz T, W¨oste L., Cavity ring-down absorption spectrography based on ﬁlament-generated supercontinuum light, Opt Express. (2009) 17(5), 3673-8
Rohwetter, Philipp; Stelmaszczyk, Kamil; Queißer, Manuel; Fechner, Martin; W¨oste, Ludger, Relative merit of (3) and (2) SHG by charged water microdroplets Implications for LIDAR, Optics Communications, 281 (2008)
P. Rohwetter, M. Queißer, Kamil Stelmaszczyk, L. W¨oste, Laser multiple ﬁlamentation control in air using a smooth phase mask, Phys. Rev. A 77 (2008)
Contribution to: Eggert, S., Walter, Th. Volcanic activity before and after large tectonic earthquakes: Observations and statistical signiﬁcance. Tectonophysics, v. 471, p. 1426, doi: 10.1016/j.tecto.2008.10.003. (2008)
Selected conference presentations and other communications
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Monitoring of CO2 sequestration at the Sleipner site - time lapse seismic full waveform inversion versus migrated waveforms, SEG extended abstract and poster presentation, San Antonio, USA, 2011
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Time lapse seismic monitoring of CO2 sequestration at Sleipner using time domain 2D full waveform inversion, SEG extended abstract and poster presentation, Denver, 2010
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Time Lapse Full Waveform Inversion CO2 Sequestration monitoring at Sleipner, invited oral presentation, MIT, Cambridge (USA), 2010
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Quantitative seismic monitoring of CO2 at Sleipner using 2D full waveform inversion in the time lapse mode, EAGE extended abstract, Barcelona, Spain, 2010
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Time Lapse Full Waveform Inversion CO2 Sequestration monitoring at Sleipner, oral presentation, Congres des Doctorands, Paris, 2010
M. Queißer, S. Singh, Time Lapse Full Waveform Inversion for CO2 Sequestration monitoring at Sleipner, oral presentation, GRASP ﬁnal meeting, TU Delft, 2010
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.