Aerospace engineering position allowing for parlay of demonstrated engineering, technical communications, project management and marketing skills.
PROFILE Motivated, personable technical professional with a successful propulsion engineering and technical/proposal documentation employment record. Proven proficiency in developing innovative solutions to problems and achieving results. Gifted technical and marketing communicator with dynamic interpersonal, oral and written communication skills. Thrive in deadline-driven environments.
ENGINEERING AND TESTING
- Develop practical, innovative solid and liquid rocket and launch vehicle concepts to meet requirements
- Provide and advocate technical solutions
- Model systems and components in 3D for analysis and fabrication
- Perform analyses (hand calculations, simulations, finite-element analysis) of proposed systems and components, from sub-scale test articles to entire launch vehicles:
o Solid rocket motor design o Vehicle structure and mass fraction
o Mechanical stress and heat transfer
o Trajectory and control dynamics
o Hands-on test development and execution
- Develop test plans, procedures and hardware
- Provide final 2D drawings to fabricator, checked and successfully assembled and used final parts
- Participate in testing and data reduction activities
Write qualification and acceptance test procedures and reports
Provide a variety of required written documentation, including CDRL / SDRL items:
o Design review, technical interchange meeting documentation
o Reliability analyses, Failure Modes Effects Criticalities Analyses (FMECAs)
o Technology Readiness Level (TRL) assessments
o Technical / Project Risk analyses
o Proposal technical sections and white papers
PROJECT MANAGEMENT AND TEAM LEADERSHIP
- Manage technical projects, including planning, resource budgeting, problem-solving:
o Successfully led completion of Valcor Engineering’s stalled F-22 Air Separation Module (ASM) contract work through redesign of key components and personal shepherding of final production work. Last lot of ASMs delivered were the most conformal to customer envelope specifications
- Manage teams of professionals and volunteers:
o Supervised six technical writers and engineering documentation specialists
o Led successful three-year effort to host and market 1996 International Space Development Conference in Manhattan (five-day, multiple-track programming) with a small team on a shoestring budget
o Coordinated volunteers on numerous space advocacy projects, including conferences, meetings, events
o Headed a business process improvement team examining aircraft component repairs
Technical Writer (Contract), 2010 – 2012 - Rockwell Collins Simulation and Training Solutions, Sterling, VA - Force Protection, Inc., Ladson, SC
Business Development / Proposal Writer, 2009 - Orion Propulsion, Inc., Huntsville, AL
Propulsion Engineer, 2006-2008 - Alliant Techsystems (ATK), Elkton, MD - Wickman Spacecraft & Propulsion, Casper, WY
Technical Writer, 2000-2006 - Jeppesen, New York City - Siemens, Florham Park, NJ
Founder, 2000-2003 - AstroExpo.com, New York City
Project Engineer, 1997-1999
Engineering Documentation Manager, 1991-1997 - Valcor Engineering Corp., Springfield NJ
National Space Society - Member of Board of Directors, 1997-1999
- President of New York City Chapter, 1995-1997
- Chair, 1996 International Space Development Conference, 1993-1996
New Jersey Institute of Technology, Newark, NJ BS, Mechanical Engineering, 1989
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.