SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Results-driven engineer with expertise in systems integration, spaceflight operations, instrumentation, manufacturing, and mechanical design. Demonstrated project management aptitude with extensive experience in multi-disciplined projects. Exceptional leadership, communication, decision-making, problem-solving, and organizational skills.
· Guidance, Navigation & Control Specialist
· Hardware/Software Integration & Validation
· ISS Mission Operations experience
· Systems engineering
· Able to legally work in the United States and the European Union.
IT Skills: Matlab, Mathematica, SolidWorks, Pro/ENGINEER, Visual Basic .NET, C/C++, Linux, Minitab, SPSS
United Space Alliance – NASA Johnson Space Center, Houston, Texas 2007-present
SPACE SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Motion Control System Specialist in the International Space Station (ISS) Program. Provide technical and operational expertise as Subject Matter Expert in the ISS attitude control and inertial navigation systems. Provide console support in the Space Station Training Facility and the Mission Control Center. Develop software simulations and train and evaluate astronauts and flight controllers.
Key Results and Functions:
· Testing and verification– spearheaded the identification and resolution of software problems in the Guidance, Navigation & Control flight software. Performed testing and verification of new flight software revisions.
· Requirements definition– developed software and hardware requirements in preparation for the System Requirement Definition (SRR) and the System Design Reviews (SDR) for an international project to install and test a new version of the Russian Segment Trainer simulator.
· Project management– managed a key division project to develop new training programs for flight controller and instructors that reduced the required training time by 30%. Received the United Space Alliance Individual Performance Award for my contribution to this project.
· System integration– negotiated technical agreements and facilitated international relations with the Russian Space Agency to integrate the American and Russian ISS Motion Control Systems.
· Real-time system management– analyzed ISS systems telemetry to assess vehicle health and status and to identify and resolve hardware and software problems to ensure crew and vehicle safety.
· Real-time mission execution– performed over 2,000 hours of on-console operations to support the development and execution of international simulations used to prepare assigned Space Shuttle and ISS astronauts and Flight Control Teams in Houston, Toulouse, and Moscow.
· Subject Matter Expert– represented the Motion Control System in technical meetings with software developers, hardware manufacturers, and international partners.
Corning Incorporated – Specialty Materials Division, Canton, New York 2004 to 2006
Managed, monitored and supported operations of a state-of-the-art optical metrology laboratory. Achieved on-time production and ensured that products met customer quality specifications.Operated and troubleshot optical instrumentation and developed custom analysis software.
· Championed a multi-disciplined division project that achieved an estimated cost savings of $400,000 by applying DMAIC Six Sigma and Lean Enterprise methods to eliminate process waste and increase yield of a matured High Purity Fused Silica (HPFS®) product line.
· Led the implementation of process changes in the manufacturing product line to increase efficiency and reduce costs.
· Coordinated the installation, acceptance and product line integration of two new optical instruments.
· Designed an automated mechanical fixture to support the measurement of oversized fused silica glass products with a new large aperture interferometer. Led the evaluation and purchase of the required automation hardware and software, and coordinated the construction and installation.
Master of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering, Clarkson University, New York
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
Bachelor of Science in Engineering Physics, Embry-Riddle Aeronautical University, Florida
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.