Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Cambridge, MA
School of Engineering & Sloan School of Management
Master of Science in Engineering and Management 2012
System Design and Management Fellow
Fulbright Fellow, focus on System Dynamics
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
PhD studies with a Research Sufficiency 2007
Influence of Management Information Systems in Knowledge Management and Organizational Learning
Universidad Politécnica de Madrid, Madrid, Spain
Master of Science in Telecommunication Engineering 2004
Final project funded by the European Commission’s Sixth Framework Program – “IP-Based Networks, Services and Terminals for Convergence Systems”
Indra Space, Madrid, Spain 2006-2011
Galileo Systems Engineer
• Managed a team of people for the European Space Agency’s Galileo project, resulting from previous success in Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity project, from requirements definition to design, subcontractors follow-up, assembly, integration and validation activities, including satellite compatibility tests, etc.
• Developed Earth’s infrastructure – network of 40 3.5 m antennas and 20 shelters – for Thales Aerospace, involving travelling to subcontractors facilities, meetings with final customers, installation of shelters for installation in different locations around the World, etc.
Howard International, Madrid, Spain 2006
Soil Moisture and Ocean Salinity (SMOS) Systems Engineer
• Coordinated a team of people in integration of Earth segment of SMOS project for European Space Agency working as a consultant for Indra, involving requirements definition, design, subcontractors management, relations with European Space Agency, etc.
• Developed and validated an X/Y mounted 3.5 m antenna for global measurements reception, involving pointing adjustment, compatibility tests with the satellite in EADS CASA in front of them, In Orbit Validation tests at ESAC, etc.
European Commission, Brussels, Belgium 2005
• Performed eligibility analysis of 50 Mathematics, Engineering and Information Technology research proposals received from all European countries in Research Directorate General of the European Commission, including relations with potential applicants, expert evaluators, etc.
• Designed software tool for follow-up of expert evaluations of these proposals in Brussels, Belgium, as well as edited a brochure with information on selected research projects funded by the Marie Curie program within the European Commission.
• Arias, J. M. (2012): “The Influence of Architecture in Product Families,” IEEE International Technology Management Conference, Dallas, Texas.
• Arias, J. M., and Solana, J. M. (2012): “Information Systems supported Organizational Learning as a Competitive Advantage,” 6th International Conference on Industrial Engineering and Industrial Management, Vigo, Spain.
• De Haro, L., Redondo, C., de la Puebla, M., and Arias, J. M. (2005): “User Terminal Antennas for DVB-H Systems: An Overview,” 14th Information Society Technologies Mobile & Wireless Communications Summit, Dresden, Germany.
• Orero, A., Criado, M., and Arias, J. M. (2008): “Improvement of an Information Systems Course through the Application of Mobile Learning Technology,” Hewlett Packard Conference, La Jolla, California.
• Orero, A., and Arias, J. M. (2006): “Matching E-Learning Services and Training Processes,” World Scientific and Engineering Academy and Society Transactions on Advances in Engineering Education, No. 9, Vol. 3.
• Srivastava, T., Piper, V., and Arias, J. M. (2012): “Future Combat Systems Case Study for Analysis of System of Systems Approach,” 22nd Annual INCOSE International Symposium, Rome, Italy.
• Student contact for inquiries from potential European System Design and Management Fellows.
• Languages: Spanish (native); French (intermediate).
• Eight courses of Piano and Theory of Music recognized by the London Guildhall School of Music and Drama.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.