Spacecraft system engineering professional with diversified experience in space vehicle system design, analysis, test, and operations. Large spacecraft mechanical system engineering a specialty.
- Orion Crew and Service Module (CSM) System Engineer – provided design guidance and general system engineering expertise; assisted in the development of the next generation of human rated, deep space, spacecraft; worked directly with CSM IPT Lead Management.
- Principle / Chief Mechanical System Engineer, three Titan IV Class Spacecraft – 100% mission success.
- Led mechanical activities at launch site during Space Shuttle launch.
- Served as Chief Systems Engineer for three winning spacecraft proposals. Led advanced development teams for over 12 NASA Explorer / Mars Scout Program proposals and concept studies.
- Collaborated with several NASA centers on advanced designs for deep space missions, including JPL, GSFC, KSC and DSN.
Universityof Michigan, Ann Arbor, Michigan
M.S., Aerospace Science
Graduated: May, 1981
B.S., Mechanical Engineering Technology
Graduated: June, 1979
Red Canyon Engineering / Aerotek Dec 2006-Present
(Subcontract to Lockheed Martin Space Systems, Denver, CO)
ORION Crew and Service Module Manned Spacecraft System Engineer
- Provided System Engineering expertise and reported directly to the Orion Crew and Service Module (CSM) Integrated Product Team (IPT) lead management team.
- Reviewed and approved CSM requirements, specifications, designs, integration and verification plans.
- Reviewed and approved CSM design implementation.
- Provided expertise in system design as Management Representative at Engineering Review and Configuration Control Boards.
- Developed, and provided subsystem guidance, for Cost Basis of Estimate (BOE) cost analysis on several contract revisions.
- Developed the CSM IPT Integrated Team Plan and provided CSM representation on the IPT Implementation Team.
- CSM Risk Integration Lead: managed CSM IPT technical and cost risks using the ARM (Automated Risk Management) tool. Represented CSM Management at Integrated Risk Management Review Boards.
Lockheed Martin, Denver, CO 1981 – 2000
Principle Spacecraft Mechanical Systems Engineer (1993-2000)
- Oversaw verification by test and analysis of spacecraft mechanical systems requirements.
- Responsible for mission success, failure investigations, launch, and on-orbit anomaly resolution for a significant national spacecraft program.
- Oversaw requirements development and managed design activities for significant spacecraft block upgrades.
- Developed, verified, and operated ground and flight hardware with associated software.
- Oversaw two spacecraft systems integration and test programs; presented system issues at monthly meetings.
- Developed requirement verification plans.
- Other requirements of the position: troubleshooting skills, launch vehicle integration, on-orbit scripts, and spacecraft operations experience.
Subsystem Engineer (1989-1993)
- Served as Structures and Mechanisms Subsystem Engineer.
- Oversaw integration and factory test of spacecraft structural subassemblies and mechanisms for a large LEO spacecraft program.
- Supervised spacecraft handling, transportation, and launch vehicle integration.
Mechanical Engineer- Stress Analysis (1981-1989)
- Conducted stress analysis for spacecraft propulsion tanks and honeycomb thrust reversers for jet aircraft engines.
- Performed NASTRAN computer modeling, MX ground emplacer design analysis, and assisted in a study of Large Space Structures.
- Obtained SSBI clearance (active for the following 16 year period).
Mechanical Engineer- Stress Analysis (1981-1989) continued
- Performed design analysis and structural qualifications of spacecraft composite appendages using NASTRAN and classical analysis methods.
- Promoted to lead engineer for spacecraft structural program.
- Gained experience in spacecraft mechanical integration and test, including deployment testing and analysis, mechanism performance evaluation, and overall spacecraft handling and transportation techniques.
Ball Aerospace & Technologies Corp., Boulder CO 2000 – Aug 2005
Principle Spacecraft Systems Engineer / Chief Engineer:
- Led advanced spacecraft conceptual design teams resulting in award of three flight hardware development contracts (AIM, WISE, and STP-SIV).
- Conducted configuration design trades, subsystem sizing analysis, launch vehicle and ground system compatibility, functional requirements synthesis and lower level performance requirements allocation.
- Conducted extensive customer interface duties, including Concept Study Oral Reviews, Technical Management Reviews, Design Reviews etc.
- Developed space mission architectures for numerous scenarios, including, LEO, GEO, Heliocentric Drift Away, L2, and Interplanetary. Familiar with launch and ground segment interface requirements for EELV, and smaller launch vehicles, DSN, AFSCN, and USN.
- Served as technical point of contact for a variety of customers including university research scientists, JPL, and NASA Goddard Space Flight Center Principle Investigators.
Lead Systems Engineer:
- Oversaw system design and development of the RS300 Internal Research and Development Program; led160 Kg class spacecraft to PDR level maturity.
- Oversaw new avionics system development, and a novel structural configuration through Engineering Development Unit build and test. This design now provides the basis for several Ball flight programs, including Orbital Express, and WISE.
- Led conceptual development of robotic spacecraft servicer satellite, including system trades and development of spacecraft bus design for on-orbit servicing architecture.
Judge Technical Group Sept 2005 – Dec 2006
(Subcontract to ITT Industries, Ft Wayne IN)
Spacecraft Instrument System Engineer
- Instrument system analysis: (NPOESS) payload requirements, vibration tests, materials, contamination, range safety compatibility, FMECA, pointing, structural, thermal, and mass management.
- Utilize DOORS to manage requirements for the CrIS program.
- Performed mechanical system analysis, pointing and alignment analysis.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.