Sep. 2010 – today Postdoctoral Researcher
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Elettrica, Elettronica ed Informatica (DIEEI) of the University of Catania, Italy
Activity: Study and design of energy scaling techniques in network devices inside the EU Network of Excellence “Towards Real Energy-efficient Network Design (TREND)”
2010 PhD, Computer Science and Communication Engineering
Dipartimento di Ingegneria Informatica e delle Telecomunicazioni (DIIT), University of Catania, Italy
PhD Thesis: Congestion Control Techniques for Wired or Wireless Networks supporting Multimedia Source Requirements.
2004 Laurea degree (M.Sc. degree equivalent) in Electronic Engineering
University of Catania, Italy
Final mark: 110/110
Final Thesis: TCP performance optimization through Active Window Management (AWM)
2004-today Research activity in the area of communications and networking, carried out at University of Catania, Italy
Main research topics:
- Analysis, design and performance evaluation of energy-saving techniques in network devices
- Quality of Service (QoS) and performance evaluation in TCP/IP networks
- Analytical (Fluid and Markov) models of techniques for congestion control and multimedia transmissions
- Design and implementation of networking device modules in open router and simulation environments
2010 Adjunct Professor of “Fundamentals of Telecommunications”
B.Sc. degree in Electronic Engineering, Faculty of Engineering
University of Catania, Italy
Sep. 2006 –Nov. 2006 Visiting researcher at UCLA (Network Research Lab – Computer Science Department) - Supervisor: Prof. M. Gerla
Activity: Development and performance analysis of congestion control techniques in TCP/IP networks
2010, July 17th-24th 31st Jacob T. Schwartz International School for Scientific Research
Lipari Island (ME), Italy
Mobile Computing and Communications: Towards the Next Generation of Networks
2008, June 30th – July 4th Summer School of Information Engineering
Bressanone (BZ) - Italy
Wireless Sensor Networks / Emerging Topics
2005, November 7th – 11thPhD Course - NoE Euro NGI
Multi-commodity flow networks – modelling and optimization (with applications to telecommunication networks)
- Co-author of about 15 scientific publications in International Journals and Conferences
- Member of the Technical Program Commitee (TPC) of IEEE GreenCom 2012
- Co-tutorship for several M.Sc. thesis projects carried out at the University of Catania, Italy
- Reviewer of several International Journals and Conferences
Good knowledge of the following programming languages and enviroments:
C/C++, Tcl/OTcl, Linux bash, Matlab, ns-2, Click Modular Router, LabVIEW, IMAQ Vision;
Attitude at R&D work, focusing on goals within defined time scheduled milestones and deadlines.
Good communicative skills, presenting data/reports/results at meeting, conferences and exhibitions.
Italian: mother tongue
- Winner, together with the research group at University of Catania, Italy, with a project entitled “Design and Development of an Open Green Router”, of the first edition of “THE BEST RESEARCHER AWARD” promoted by the Centro per l’aggiornamento delle professioni e per l’innovazione e il trasferimento tecnologico (CAPITT) of the University of Catania, Italy, inside the EU project “R&D Industry University Support for Research and Development in Industry”.
- Travel availability
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.