Experienced & Versatile Digital & RF System Architecture, Subsystems Design & Development, Integration, Test & Sell-off Engineer (with MSEE & Active TOP SECRET & SCI (with CI POLY) Clearances) Responsible for Successful Implementation of Advanced Technology Projects involving Payload, Avionics, Sensors, Networks, Crypto & Telecommunications Electronics across Complete Life-Cycle in both Commercial & Aerospace Industries.
*Proposal, Design, Analysis, Simulation, Prototype, Integration, Test, Sell-off
*Satellites, Payloads, Avionics, RADAR, Sensors, Crypto, COMSEC, CMD & TLM, Networks
*PC-based Tools: DOORS, MATLAB, SIMULINK, SPW, LABVIEW, CAIV, Office 2010
*Technical Writing, Reports, Specifications, ECPs, Briefings, RFQs, SOWs, CDRLs
*Pro-Active Team Player with Excellent Oral & Written Communication Skills
*Aggressive Subcontractor & Vendor Technical & Management Approach
12/11 to Present: ROCKWELL-COLLINS (RC)-COMMERCIAL AVIONICS DIV Tustin, CA
(Contract; Project Funding Dwindling)
Senior Systems & Test Engineer Responsible for Requirements Flowdown (using DOORS) & Development of Flight Control Avionics for Next-Generation Commercial Aircraft:
*Employed DOORS to Baseline & Update LRUs’ Mechanical & Electrical Requirements
*Incorporated Latest FAA Certification Standards (DO-160, DO-278 & ARINC-429)
*Reviewed Applicable Customer Engr Coordination Memos (ECMs) into Subsystem Spec
05/10 to 12/11: SPACE SYSTEMS/LORAL (SS/L) (SATELLITE OEM) Palo Alto, CA
(Direct; Voluntary Separation When Local Contract Employment (with RC) Arose)
Senior Systems & Test Engineer Responsible for Design, Development & Test Planning for Broadband Multi-Band (C, Ku & Ka) GEO RF Broadcast Payloads (for INTELSAT & DIRECTV):
*Developed Key RF Payload Performance Budgets (G/T, EIRP, Spurs, Gain/Loss, EMI/EMC)
*Generated “Bottoms-up” Key Payload Size, Weight & Power (SWaP) Estimates
*Baselined & Maintained Payload Bill of Materials (BOMs) & Coordinated with Subcontractors
*Coordinated Flight Hardware Unit Deliveries & Assessed Bus Integration Schedule Impacts
*Prepared for & Conducted Several Successful Customer PDRs & CDRs & Related CDRLs
*Authored & Enhanced SS/L Payload Design Guidelines (for Mentoring Junior Engineers)
03/09 to 05/10: NORTHROP-GRUMMAN-ISR DIV (formerly TRW-ESL) San Jose, CA
(Contract; Program Funding Ended)
Senior Systems Engineer Responsible for Operational Sustainment of Current & Requirements Analysis for Future Upgrades for SIGINT Avionics Payloads & Supporting Ground Stations:
*Performed Requirements Analysis to Flowdown UAV Spec into Payload Spec via DOORS,
*Refined, Tracked & Resolved Numerous HW & SW Problem Tracking Reports (PTRs),
*Prepared Technical & Costing Inputs for Several Future O&M Proposal ECPs,
*Planned & Executed Several Avionics LRU Functional & Environmental Acceptance Tests,
*Co-authored ELINT Antenna Subsystem SOW for Enhanced Logistics Subcontract Support.
06/08 to 10/08: TECHNOVATIVE APPLICATIONS, Inc Brea, CA
(Direct; Lay-off due to Sudden Contract Cutbacks)
Senior Systems Engineer Responsible for K-Band Electronically-Scanning Interferometric RADAR Avionics Subsystem Development & Integration Planning for USN Shipboard Platform:
*Performed Requirements Analysis to Flowdown Customer Spec into RADAR Hardware Spec,
*Identified & Resolved many Electrical, Mechanical, Thermal & Power Subsystem Interfaces,
*Generated & Quantified Key Target Engagement Scenarios for Subsystem Acceptance Tests,
*Pro-actively Identified, Co-ordinated & Resolved Technical & Programmatic IPT Issues,
*Planned, Prepared & Presented Key Portions of Successful Subsystem HW & SW CDR.
12/07 to 05/08: BOEING-INTEGRATED DEFENSE SYSTEMS (IDS) Long Beach, CA
(Contract; Project Funding Ended)
Senior Systems Engineer Responsible for Advanced Cargo Transport (C-17A) Avionics Upgrades (eg, UHF Transmitters, GPS Links, 1553A Bus & PowerPC CPUs):
*Employed DOORS (Requirements Flowdown CAE Tool) to Generate & Baseline Several
LRU Specs from System Spec & Air Vehicle (AV) Segment Spec,
*Generated & Enhanced Key Acquisition Planning CDRL (Operational Concepts Doc (OCD)),
*Coordinated LRU Specs, SOWs & RFQs for Vendors’ Qualifications/Down-Selects.
11/03 to 06/07: NORTHROP-GRUMMAN-SPACE TECH (NGST) Redondo Beach, CA
(Direct; Termination awaiting TSAT Contract Award)
Senior Systems Engineer Responsible for Next-Generation Transformational Satellite (TSAT) (Laser, RF & Digital) Payload Spec (PLS) Definition & Development:
*Utilized DOORS to Generate & Baseline PLS from Space-Segment Performance Specs,
*Coordinated PLS Flowdown to Subsystem Hardware & Software Specs (via DOORS),
*Reviewed, Identified & Incorporated Applicable Change Requests (CRs) into PLS,
*Supported Laser, RF & Digital Payload Subsystem Requirements Reviews (SRRs).
Previously, Senior Subsystems & Systems Engineer Responsible for V-Band (60 GHz) Crosslink Subsystem (RF & Digital) Development (portion of AEHF Satellite Payload):
*Coordinated & Published Crosslink Subsystem CDR Agenda & Briefing Book.
*Expanded Subsystem Operational Command Constraints (CMD/TLM) Document.
*Planned & Generated S-QPSK MODEM (BER & Transition Density) Test Plan.
*Updated Crosslink Subsystem Requirements Flow-down (System/Subsystem/Unit).
*Identified Changes & Errata to Payload Spec & Crosslink Subsystem Spec & ICD.
*Defined Subsystem Requirements Verification Sell-off Methodologies & Briefings.
*Executed MODEM Transition Density (Visual BASIC) Simulation Study.
*Completed & Coordinated Transition Density Engr Change Proposal (ECP) Package.
Also, Assisted in Recruiting within our Communications Systems Center (CSC).
08/02 to 11/03: SAIC, Inc. (LA-AFB Contractor to GPS MJPO) Torrance, CA
(Direct; Voluntary to Return to TRW/NGST)
Senior Systems Engineer Responsible for Requirements Analysis, Acquisition Planning, Configuration & Data Mgmt for Current Operational & Planned Upgrades within Space, C3 &
Multi-User Segments of Classified Secondary Payload Portion (NDS) of GPS-IIR/IIF/III Systems:
*Supported (Custom FORTRAN) Modeling of Various Proposed L-Band/K-Band Crosslink & Downlink Optimal Constellation Configurations.
*Flow-down of Customer Spec (ORD) Into Contractors SOWs, System & Segment Specs.
*Enhanced Web-Based Management Tool Facilitating Disposition of Various User & C3 & Segment O & M Deficiency Reports (DRs), Action Items & CDRLs.
*Critique of Contractor Technical & Contractual CDRLs (eg, SOWs, SRSs, RFPs, etc).
*Participated in Future Implementation Studies (eg, Transformational Communications Architecture, Intelligent Airborne Terminals & Data Fusion with SBIRS).
*Assisted Various Potential SAIC New Business Opportunities (eg, NASA-JPL).
01/98 to 01/02: BOEING-SPACE & COMMUNICATIONS El Segundo & Anaheim, CA
(Direct; Lay-off due to IR&D Cutbacks)
Senior Embedded Subsystem Engineer Responsible for IR&D Multi-PowerPC (G4)-based Software-Defined Radio (SDR) (JTRS) Avionics Subsystem & Prototype Development Projects:
* Employed DOORS to Flow-down Customer Requirements (JORD) into Prototype & Flight RF & Digital SDR Terminal Performance Specs,
* Wrote SOWs, RFQs, Technical Specs & Qualified Key Vendors for COTS Hardware:
1) 21-slot COMSEC Chassis Prototype (with CompactPCI Bridged Backplane),
2) Quad-G4 (PowerPC with ALTIVEC) Digital MODEM DSP Cards,
3) G3 (PowerPC) RED & BLACK "System Slot" Cards,
4) Two-Slot RED/BLACK COMSEC Bridge Module.
* Generated Hardware/Software Interface & Test Specs for Custom-Built Hardware:
1) SAASM (Secure GPS)-based 10-MHz LO & 1-pps Timing Card (with FPGA),
2) 33-MHz-BW RF Transceiver Card (with FPGA-based 100 MB/sec (RapidIO Bus) DSP PMC module).
* Determined Following Digital Interface Design Aspects of Custom Timing Card:
1) GPS, 1-pps System & MODEM Interrupts, 10 MHz & CompactPCI Inputs/Outputs,
2) CompactPCI Backplane Address Configuration Memory Space Definitions.
* Worked with Selected Hardware Vendors on Enhancing Key Aspects of Their
Respective DSP Cards (eg, Technology Roadmap, Board Support Package (BSP) FFT Benchmarks & DSP Libraries, Embedded SDRAM & Flash Sizings, Current Availability & Pricing & Future Ruggedized Configurations).
* Critiqued Embedded Software (CORBA-based) Requirements & Interface Specs
* Supported SDR Prototype Migration & Integration (into Various Multi-Channel Airborne Configurations) Study & Formulated Cost Projections.
* Identified & Procured RF & Digital ATE (including CompactPCI Bus Analyzer, Spectrum Analyzer & DSO) for Prototype Integration & Test.
* Defined RF & Digital Requirements for SDR 802.11-based Network Testbed.
* Provided Key Customer & Vendor Technical, Cost & Schedule Coordination.
* Proposed & Conducted Customer Demos of SDR Prototype & Avionics Hardware.
Also Supported EHF SDR Follow-on (FAB-T) Prototype Definition & Fabrication, plus Facilitated Fiber Optics & LAN Upgrades in SDR & Networks Integration Lab.
Previously, Lead Payload Subsystems Engineer Responsible for RF (Generation & Timing) Subsystem Development of Prototype & Flight (L-Band & C-Band) (TDMA & GSM) Payload for Advanced Digital PCS Satellite System (THURAYA):
* Performed Flow-down of Payload Requirements to SOW & RF Subsystem Spec.
* Designed Subsystem Architecture (including Redundancy, CMD & TLM Interfaces).
* Utilized MATLAB & EXCEL to Derive Subsystem's Key Performance Budgets (Phase Noise, RF Gain & Phase Stability, VSWR & IB/OOB Spurious Emissions).
* Wrote Subsystem Functional, Interface, Test Specs, plus Training Documents.
* Generated PLL, Synthesizer & OCXO Flight Unit Performance Mini-Specs.
* Critiqued PLL, Synthesizer & OCXO Flight Unit Design Reviews (PDR & CDR), Worst-Case & Failure Modes Analyses (WCA & FMEA) & Unit Sell-offs.
* Worked with Parts Engrs to Create & Release New 2:8 Hybrid Microwave Spec.
* Planned & Conducted Unit & Subsystem Risk-Reduction Engineering Model (EM) EMI/EMC Testing, plus Unit & Subsystem Single-Event Upset (SEU) Analyses.
* Supported Extensive Subsystem & Payload RF & Digital Integration & Testing.
1994 to 2002: DeVRY INSTITUTE OF TECHNOLOGY Pomona & Long Beach, CA
Adjunct Professor Responsible for Teaching, Updating & Enhancing Electronics Degree Program's Senior-Level Courses & PC-Integrated Labs (Employing PSPICE, WINBREADBOARD, LABVIEW & MATLAB):
* Digital Logic (ALS, PECL, CMOS, LVDS, LVTTL, PAL, CPLD, FPGA, ASIC),
* Microprocessors (8085A & Pentium, Assembly Language, ISA & PCI Busses),
* Digital Communications (RS-232, RS-485, UART, FSK, QPSK, QAM, Coding, Eb/No),
* Networks (LAN, WAN, PSTN, Ethernet, TCP/IP, Client/Server, HTML, HTTP).
Implemented Senior Research Report & Presentation Requiring Graduating Students to Investigate Chosen Topic from Leading Communications & Electronics Technologies.
1996 to 1998: RESEARCH & DEVELOPMENT LABS (RDL) Culver City, CA
(Direct; Voluntary Separation to Join Boeing)
Lead Hardware & Subsystems Engineer Responsible for Two IR&D Projects:
1) 622 Mbps Digital & Fiber Optics Optical CDMA Transceiver Prototype:
* Modified COTS Multi-Channel NTSC Video & Audio Encoder & Multiplexer Hardware.
* Designed "V-pi" (3-Vp-p into 25-ohms) Optical Modulator Interface Circuitry.
* Specified Wideband Amps & Balanced (Optical) Receiver Hardware.
* Identified & Procured Digital & RF Test Equipment (BERT, DSO & Bias-Ts).
* Planned & Conducted Multi-Channel Video & BER Testing & Customer Demos.
* Supported Various Product Marketing & Venture Capital (VC) Partnerships.
* Performed Producibility Analyses for Design Migration to Viable Commercial Product.
2) 28 GHz Broadband Wireless (LMDS) Multi-Channel Transceiver Prototype:
* Refined Transceiver Architecture (Direct FM into GUNN Oscillator)
* Identified & Procured RF & Digital RF & Digital Test Equipment.
* Performed Multi-Channel Video, BER & Ethernet Testing.
* Investigated Migrating Design to Viable Commercial Product.
Also Conducted Hardware Feasibility Study of Proposed LightSat RADAR (LightSAR) & Supported Classified Payload Proposal.
1995 to 1996: MYKOTRONX, INC. Torrance, CA
(Contract; Project Funding Ended)
Systems Engineer Responsible for Two New COMSEC Product (PCMCIA ASIC-based Encryption Card (KRYPTON) & KG-227 Processor Flight Slice) Development Projects:
* Performed Products’ Requirements Analyses.
* Generated KRYPTON (ARM6-based) ASIC Functional & Interface Document.
* Wrote Products’ Functional Specs & Acceptance Test Procedures (ATPs).
* Supported Worst-Case Timing Analyses.
* Prepared & Conducted Key Design Reviews (SRR, PDR, CDR & MRR).
* Completed COMSEC Failure Analyses & NSA Certification Docs (FIPS).
1989 to 1995: TWO LA-AFB DMSP SPO CONTRACTORS El Segundo, CA
(Direct; Lay-offs due to Consecutive Field Offices Closing)
Systems Engineer Responsible for Systems Engineering (plus Config & Data Mgmt) for Current Operational & Planned Upgrades within Space, C3 & Multi-User Segments of Multi-LEO Remote Sensing Satellite (S-Band & UHF) System (DMSP):
* Proposed & Conducted Several Implementation Studies:
1) Integration of Embedded COMSEC ("Lightweight Decryption Unit (LDU)") & Phased-Array Antenna into New Small Tactical Terminal (STT),
2) New Spectrally-Efficient STT Downlink Modulation Implementation (OQPSK),
3) Titan ELV Upgrade Interface Requirements & Integration,
4) Enhanced Microwave Sensors (with New Firmware Uplink Capability),
5) AFSCN 10-kbps Command (SGLS) Uplink Upgrade,
6) Embedded GPS Receiver Payload Upgrade,
7) Over-the-Air Rekeyable (OTAR) Payload COMSEC Encryption Unit Upgrade,
8) Rad-Hard Payload Survivability Assessment & Recommendations.
* Generated Proposed S-Band & UHF Link Budgets for New STT Downlinks.
* Wrote & Maintained DMSP Test & Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP).
* Formulated COMSEC (EKMS) Concepts Of Operation (CONOPS) for New STT.
* Technical & Implementation Coordination of SOWs, ECPs, PDR, CDR & Test Docs.
* Participated in Numerous Sensor, Payload & TT&C PDRs, CDRs & TRRs.
* Co-chaired Interface Control (ICWG) & STT Downlink Upgrade Working Groups.
* Provided Early Technical & Program Transition of 5D-3 DMSP to NPOESS.
Promoted to Systems Engineering Section Head & Recruited for Engineering Staff.
1988 to 1989: NASA-JET PROPULSION LABORATORY (JPL) Pasadena, CA
(Contract; Program Funding Ended)
Project Engineer (JPL Contractor) Responsible for COMSEC Telephone (STU-III) Integration into JPL (L-Band) Mobile Satellite Experiment (MSAT-X):
* Conducted MSAT-X & STU-III Requirements & Interface Analyses.
* Designed & Built MSAT-X-to-STU-III Digital Telephony Interface Hardware.
* Conceived Set of Progressive Full-Duplex Hardware Test Configurations.
* Wrote Test Plan & Procedures for Rician (Fading Channel) Hardware Tests.
1982 to 1988: TRW-ELECTRONICS SYSTEMS GROUP (ESG) Redondo Beach, CA
(Direct; Large Company-wide Lay-off)
Design Engineer Responsible for LHR Coherent Combiner & Timing Reference Flight Hardware for EHF, SHF, UHF Spread Spectrum Satellite (MILSTAR-LDR) Payload:
* Contributed to Payload Subsystem Technical & Cost Proposals.
* Performed Payload Requirements Flow-down & Analyses.
* Wrote Prototype & Flight Digital & RF Hardware, Interface & Test Specs.
* Designed LHR Coherent Combiner & Data Multiplexer ECL & TTL Hardware Slices.
* Designed RF/Digital (Differential ECL) & TRANSEC Subsystem Interfaces.
* Specified Multi-Mode Accumulator & Multi-Port RAM ASICs & DSP Firmware.
* Performed PCB Digital Design (ALS & CMOS & ASIC Emulation) & Testing.
* Generated PDR, CDR, MRR & Worst-Case Analyses (WCA) Documentation.
* Defined & Built ATE to Support Prototype & Flight Hardware Testing.
* Supported Prototype & Flight Subsystem Hardware Integration & Test.
Also Supported Synthesizer (DDFS) Hardware Upgrade for DSP-14 Satellite Payload, Completed 400 Mbps BPSK, QPSK, QAM & QPR RF & Digital Modulator Re-Design & ATE Testing & Supported Classified Payload Definition & Development.
1981: GEORGE WASHINGTON UNIVERSITY (GWU) Washington, DC
MSEE in Communications Engineering (Minor in Computer Science). Conducted Graduate Research & Report in Digital Image Processing for Target Enhancement.
VIRGINIATECH Blacksburg, VA
BSEE in Communications & Computer Engineering.
2002: THE RIGHT WAY (CA EDD-Approved Training Center) Gardena, CA
Microsoft Office 2000 (DOS, WINDOWS, WORD, EXCEL, POWERPOINT, ACCESS & OUTLOOK) "Hands-On" Productivity Enhancement Certificate Program.
NGST-Sponsored Classes: IPv6 Networking Fundamentals
Introduction to Satellite Tool Kit (STK)
Boeing-Sponsored Classes: Introduction to MATLAB & SIMULINK
Software-Defined Radio (SDR) Design
Programming TMS320xx for DSP Applications
Cost As An Independent Variable (CAIV)
ESD Training & Certification (Graded)
SOFTWARE: MATLAB, SIMULINK, LABVIEW, DOORS, EXCEL, POWERPOINT,
OUTLOOK, DOS, WINDOWS, ACCESS, FRAMEMAKER & eRoom.
TEST EQUIPMENT: BERT, Digital O-scope (DSO), Spectrum Analyzer, Power Meter.
PUBLICATIONS: GWU Graduate Research Report (Digital Image Processing)
Fairchild Technical "White Paper" (Viterbi Coding over Satellite Links)
Numerous Technical & Project Documentation, Including:
SOW, System, Subsystem, Unit, Interface & Test Specs & Briefings.
AFFILIATIONS: IEEE Communications & Computer Societies, AFCEA & INCOSE
CLEARANCES: Active TOP SECRET (5-Year Update Valid thru 10/2013)
Active SCI (with CI POLY) (5-Year Update Valid thru 10/2013)
Recent CNWDI (DOE)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.