OBJECTIVE: Bring expertise acquired as a reliable Research Scientist to solve a wide variety of Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering problems
2007-2012: ONERA- The French Aerospace Lab, Department of Applied Aerodynamics,
- Led national and international studies to save money and increase the safety of helicopters operating on ships
- Investigated and modeled ship airwakes for high fidelity flight simulators
- Developed a rotor bench to study the helicopter/ship aerodynamic interaction
- As an expert, represented France at a NATO research group to review the ship design guidelines
2008-2010: University of Valenciennes (IUT), France,
Prepared, animated and graded practicals at undergraduate level in structure analysis (Finite Element Analysis and analytical approaches)
2009-2010: Higher Engineering Institute (HEI) of Lille, France
Prepared, animated and graded practicals at undergraduate level in Thermodynamics (pumps, thermal machines, heat transfer analysis)
- Project leader; define schedules and approaches autonomously and take initiatives to solve complex problems
- Coordinate a team of engineers and technicians to carry out extensive test campaigns
- Organize meetings, present and discuss the results with the team
- Receive client satisfaction for respecting deadlines and for successful international cooperation
- Perform technological watch and take extra trainings to adapt to new situations, to learn continuously and innovate
- Interact with clients, end users and coworkers to understand their constraints and adapt the solutions accordingly
- Is successful within new environments, multidisciplinary and international teams
- Monitor MS Students and teach: adapt communication style to captivate audience and optimize learning
- Analyze, synthesize data and write reports in Word and LaTeX. Present results at conferences (Powerpoint) in English and French
- Hold professional conversations in German
- Prepare test programs and design mock ups with Solidworks
- Carry out extensive test campaigns using oil flow visualizations, laser tomoscopy, pressure taps, LDV, HWA, PIV, 6 components scales
- Work in low turbulence facility and wind-tunnel simulating the atmospheric boundary layer
Computational Fluid Dynamics:
- Computes separated flows with elsA and Fluent, mesh with IcemCFD and Gambit, visualize results with Tecplot
- Develop Matlab and Python scripts calling Fortran subroutines to post-process and compare experimental with unsteady CFD data. Adapt some scripts for parallelized computations on UNIX clusters
- Code and apply advanced processing tools such as POD, statistical and auto- and cross-correlation methods
Doctorate, University of Valenciennes, France. High honors
Major: Fluid Mechanics
Master's degree, National School of Mechanics and Aerotechnics (ISAE-ENSMA), France. High honors
- Major: Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering
- Subsonic and supersonic aerodynamics, fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, energy science, propulsion, structures, material properties, systems, computer science, mathematics
- Specialization in aircraft conceptual/preliminary design and wind-energy at the University of Stuttgart, Germany during 8 months
- Extra activities: sailplane licence with 40 hours of flight, paraglider pilot, founded and chaired ISAE-ENSMA's R/C airplane club
- Herry, B., Keirsbulck, L., Labraga, L., Paquet, J.-B., Flow bi-stability downstream of a three dimensional double backward facing steps at zero-degree sideslip, ASME Journal of Fluids Engineering, vol. 133, Issue 5, May 2011
- Herry, B., v.d.Vorst, J., Towards the impact of flow bi-stability on the launch and recovery of helicopters on ships, AIAA ATIO Centennial of Naval Aviation Forum, Virginia Beach, VA, September 2011
- Herry, B., Gardarein, P., Rodriguez, B., v.d.Vorst, J., v. Muijden, J., AT ROS-AIM - Rotorcraft-ship aerodynamic interface modeling. Task 4: Model development of the Rotorcraft-ship aerodynamic interface, Final Tech. Rep., Onera/NLR, December 2011
- Herry, B., Bourez, J.-P., Elaboration du programme d'essais et caractérisation du banc rotor L2 pour l'étude de l'interaction sillage rotor/sillage frégate, RT2/ 18169, 2012, to be published
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.