Solutions-driven Leader & Project Execution Specialist with significant experience directing the planning, analysis and full lifecycle development, implementation and integration of complex system architecture, as well as client/server and Web-based applications.
● Real-time Mission Critical systems designed to train Astronauts and Engineers to provide flight support during Ascent, On-orbit and Entry phase of the Shuttle and Space Station missions.
● Can develop real-time mission critical systems using Microsoft Visual Studio C++ under Windows XP environment.
● Can develop real-time mission critical applications using Cold fusion, Perl and Python under Windows XP/UNIX/Linux environment.
● Familiar with developing software following SEI/CMM guidelines to deliver software with high reliability.
● Developed and identified procedures for the group to implement SW-CMM also known as CMMI currently.
● Configuration items were at CMMI Level 1 at the beginning of the exercise. After implementing the procedures and guidelines Software Configuration items were at CMMI Level 3 and it took 18 months for this exercise. For the first time, at the end of this exercise all the configuration items used for the mission planning and analysis were at Level 3 and were certified. A couple of mission critical configuration items were identified as candidates for the next phase of CMMI certification. The goal was to attain CMMI Level 5 for mission critical modules.
● Self-motivated proactive leader with a superb technical acumen and the ability to thrive within fast-paced environments.
● Broad technical background driving application development to optimize the use of existing infrastructure, maximize individual productivity, and help the company reach their full technological potential.
● Highly successful business analyst, identifying and implementing appropriate measures assuring bottom line growth.
● Exceptional team-builder and motivator, cultivating a positive work environment, and promoting a spirit of teamwork & idea-sharing to maximize individual contributions and consistently exceed client expectations.
— Project/Program Management
— Presentation/Proposal Development
— SDLC Development
— SEI & CMMI Methodologies
— Needs Analysis
— High-Performance Team-Building
— Change Management
— Risk Management/Mitigation
— Budget Planning/Analysis
— Cross-functional Team Management
— CMMI Process Auditing
UNIX, Linux, Windows, C, C++, FORTRAN, Java, Cold-fusion, Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft Project, VB6, MS Access, Power-Builder, Python, HTML, Visual C++, Shell Scripting Languages (csh/bsh/ksh/bash)
LZ Technology, Houston, TX 01/2010 – 11/2011
Senior Systems Engineer
Worked on Command, Communications, Control and Information (C3I) prototype development to aid the communication between one space vehicle to another space vehicle. In this design the space vehicle could be replaced by another ground based computer to emulate the space vehicle. Also supported the Core Operations, Mission Planning and Analysis Spacecraft Simulation (COMPASS), a joint project of Johnson Space Center (JSC) and Jet Propulsion Laboratory
(JPL), defining the processes and standards for the future Mission Control Center for the 21st century. Supported the Spacecraft Software Engineering Team (SSET) and Software Process Improvement Group in making sure the Engineering projects are ready for CMMI Maturity Level 3 (ML3) Audit and eventual certification.
GB Tech, Houston, TX 02/2009 - 10/2009
Worked with Boeing Company as a Quality Assurance Engineer for all the International Space Station (ISS) software products produced by United Space Alliance. Also supported Integrated Communication Unit (ICU) product development in the Requirements Definition and Preliminary Design phase. Conducted software and process audits to make sure all NASA and
CMMI guidelines were being followed.
Vik Consulting, Sugar Land, TX 06/2007 – 01/2009
Consulting company providing Project Management and Technical support on various IT projects undertaken by the company.
UHY Advisors, Houston, TX 02/2007 – 06/2007
Consulting company providing Tax Consultation and Tax Auditing. My role is to perform Data Analysis and Data Validation using different tools of the trade and providing a summary to help the Tax Auditors and other Tax Professionals.
Vik Consulting, Sugar Land, TX 04/2004 – 02/2007
Consulting company providing Project Management and Technical support on various IT projects undertaken by the company.
UNITED SPACE ALLIANCE, Houston, TX 01/1996–03/2004
A Boeing/Lockheed Martin joint venture chartered to manage and conduct space operations work involving the operation and maintenance of multi-purpose space systems. Prime contractor to NASA.
Computer Scientist V (07/99 – 03/04)
Led a high-performance team of four developers (C, C++, FORTRAN), and system engineers in the development and maintenance of the Trajectory and Vehicle Ephemeris Transfer Systems (TVETS) module of the Trajectory Operations Software (TOPO) tool supporting International Space Station (ISS) flights. Dotted-line control over support teams utilizing Software Engineering Institute and Capability Maturity Model procedures and guidelines.
* As primary liaison between IT and Consolidated Control Center (CCC) users, facilitated the smooth deployment of all system releases, effectively managing user expectations and achieving very high satisfaction ratings.
* Developed powerful and effective program modules allowing real-time flight support with two-second display results following command submittal. This allows quick ISS maneuvering to avoid collision with space debris.
* Established full software development life cycle from requirements analysis, direction, processes, and standards for new product development, version releases, system maintenance, and user acceptance.
* Provided detailed documentation for tracking purposes.
Project Lead (10/96 – 06/99)
Led the Independent Verification and Testing (IVT) of mission critical legacy modules. Directed the requirements, design analysis, software code audit and testing of the De-orbit Maneuver Planning (DMP) and Orbital Maneuver Planning (OMP) modules, identified as the MOST CRITICAL modules for the success of shuttle flights.
* Successfully executed 108 test cases for DMP module from three STS flights with different inclination for results analysis. Result discrepancies were noted and recommended changes to NASA for future implementation.
* Effectively executed 30 test cases for OMP module from three STS flights. Recommended OMP program redesign to eliminate obsolete maneuvers. NASA accepted the commendation and OMP was redesigned and redeployed for the shuttle flight in summer 2005.
UNISYS CORPORATION, Houston, TX 02/1986 – 09/1996
A worldwide information technology consulting services and solutions company.
Group Lead (10/94 – 09/96)
Directed the Spacecraft Proximity Operations Real Time Simulator (SPORTS) project, a realtime trainer working under SGI OS 5.2 environment with Motif/X-Windows interface on the Silicon Graphics workstation in the Prox-ops laboratory. This software is used to emulate the Man-in-the-Loop (MIL) interface during the flight.
* Designed as a client/server setup enabling users to change the program configuration in realtime to achieve the desired maneuver. This tool has become very popular among the astronauts and engineers supporting STS missions as it allows skill perfection and execution of commands mirroring real-time on-board Shuttle computer use.
* Effectively streamlined the software and brought under Software Configuration Management Control for the first time in its history.
Group Lead (10/93 – 09/94)
Directed the Rendezvous Operations Software Support (ROSS) project to incorporate processing of payload parameters in ROSS applications to support STS-63 and STS-71 missions.
* Successfully implemented the software changes (consisting of 23 modules written in C/C++) after user concurrence. Software was placed under Software Configuration Management Control for the first time in its history to support the two rendezvous missions on time and within budget.
* Included modules to perform Quality Assurance Analysis to aid engineers in performing analysis in real time during flights.
Additional Roles (02/86 – 09/93)
- Lead Engineer and Project Manager for Ascent/Entry Trainer on MIPS hardware. (01/92 – 09/93)
- Group Manager for Ground Navigation Division. (10/88 – 12/91)
- Lead Engineer for Post-Flight Software. (02/86 – 09/88)
TRW DEFENSE AND SPACE SYSTEMS, Houston, TX 1979 - 1986
Technical Staff Member
Developed Operation Project Shuttle Bench program to analyze and compare the trajectory computations on the Shuttle onboard computer. Played a major role in migrating from Mainframe to Unix-based workstations.
UNIVERSITY OF HOUSTON, Houston, TX
MS in Electrical Engineering
Other Training: Management Institute trained, trained in CMMI and SEI methodology (1993),Auditor (2009)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.