Over nine (9) years of experience as a contractor in complex military and civil spacecraft programs, in which five (5) years experience working in Mission Operations on a United States Air Force (USAF) contract, and four (4) years as a Senior Systems Engineer for the National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA) on the Orion Crew Exploration Vehicle contract. At present, I am working as a Systems Engineer Sr. for Lockheed Martin on a Department of Defense contract managed by the USAF in Mission Operations.
Since October 2010, I have been employed with Lockheed Martin on a classified program for the USAF. I have certified as a Spacecraft Pilot and have assisted in training others. My current responsibilities include supporting Ops staff, providing crew relief, and training for advanced certifications. Prior to my assignment as a Senior Systems Engineer, I was employed as a Sr. Flight Operations Engineer for the Orion Crew Exploration Vehicle (CEV) project where I was responsible for requirements and procedural development. As a member of both Flight Operations Integration and Systems Engineering and Integration Teams, I interfaced directly with NASA Propulsion Mission Operations personnel in development of customer deliverables. In addition, I created post-landing crew survival flight procedures and assisted in developing the Crew Module recovery concept of operations.
While employed with Lockheed Martin on Orion, I was the Owner and Managing Partner of a small business from 08/2008 to 12/2010. Responsibilities included accounting and managing budget, marketing and sales, general business operations, etc. for a retail shop that sold motorized scooters.
Upon joining LMTO, I was teamed with the Technical Associates as a subsystem expert in Telemetry & Commanding. Shortly thereafter, I joined the Flight Operations team to train and work as a crew member and achieved multiple certifications included Spacecraft Pilot. After two years on crew, I moved to the Operations Integration Team where I was responsible for testing both hardware and software upgrades prior to integration with the operational systems.
Regarding my educational experience, in 1993 I graduated from St. John Vianney (Marianist) High School in Kirkwood, MO. Thereafter, I attended Southeast Missouri State University in Cape Girardeau, MO where I studied Chemistry and Geology. After three semesters, I returned to Saint Louis, MO where I attended full time at the St. Louis Community College at Meramec. There my studies ranged from Physics, Math, Business, and Pre-Engineering as well as various pre-requisite courses. In addition to being a full time student, I worked for the community college as a tutor in Chemistry and Physics and successfully managed a private math tutoring business. In addition, I held a part time job performing data entry for the Washington University School of Medicine. In the fall of 1999, I was accepted into the school of Aerospace Engineering at the University of Colorado in Boulder, CO. While attending CU as a full time student, I held a part-time job as an Engineering Assistant at the National Institute for Standards and Technology – Materials Reliability Division. In addition, I volunteered with the Colorado Space Grant Consortium where I fabricated hardware for prototype microsatellites. For my Senior Project, I selected to function as a Systems Engineer and was responsible for integrating a Ground Penetrating Radar (GPR) system with a remotely operated vehicle (ROV) for Lunar/Mars research. Conducted trade studies to cut mass and add functionality with simple yet robust design solutions. I graduated from the University of Colorado with my Bachelors of Science degree in Aerospace Engineering in May of 2002.
Lockheed Martin, Integrated Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS Security) – Aurora, CO 10/2010 – Present
Systems Engineer Sr.
• Conducted Flight/Mission Operations during Readiness, Execution and Evaluation phases.
• Provided 24x7x365 anomaly resolution and crew relief support.
Unemployed 07/2010 – 10/2010
Cancellation of the Constellation Program in Feb. 2010 led to a significant reduction-in-force within Lockheed Martin.
Lockheed Martin, Integrated Systems & Global Solutions (IS&GS Civil) – Houston, TX 01/2007 – 07/2010
Systems Engineer Sr. - Orion Crew Exploration Vehicle, NASA Constellation Program
• Identified potential Operational Safety Risks/Hazards and provided recommendations for reducing this risk or rationale for accepting the safety risk.
• Improved Redundancy Management (RM) by optimizing electrical interfaces between the Avionics and Propulsion subsystems.
• Developed Failure Mode Effects Analysis (FMEA) and Functional Fault Analysis (FFA).
• Produced Loss of Mission, Vehicle, & Crew functional analyses in support of the Probabilistic Risk Assessments (PRAs) for the Reliability & Quality Assurance (R&QA) team.
• Supported development of Flight Software requirements, including Abort Decision & FDIR Logic, for nominal and contingency vehicle operations.
• Flight Operations’ Subject Matter Expert for the Propulsion Subsystems and Crew Survival & Recovery Ops; responsible for Concept of Operations (ConOps), Flight Operations Data Book, Flight Operations Procedures development, and leading development of the on-board Propulsion subsystem flight displays. Improved horizontal integration by analyzing Mission Design Timeline
• Participated in spacesuit human rated vacuum chamber testing/evaluations as a Test Subject in NASA 1-G Blue Room. Also participated as a Test Subject in Crew Module cockpit optimization study.
Lockheed Martin, Technical Operations – Denver, CO 10/2002 – 01/2007
Satellite Systems Engineer
• Responsible for Operational Readiness of major hardware installation release. Tested & verified mission critical hardware and software upgrades in preparation for operational use.
• Conducted Mission Operations during Readiness, Execution and Evaluation phases. Attained certifications for Mission Ops positions, and successfully trained four crew members. Prepared procedures for nominal and contingency operations. Provided 24x7x365 anomaly resolution and crew relief support.
KBell Enterprises – Saint Louis, MO 05/2002 – 10/2002
• Designed and fabricated parts for a patented Real-time Wireless Logistics application for Optimized Delivery Routing & Scheduling.
National Institute for Standards and Technology (NIST), Materials Reliability Div. – Boulder, CO 08/1999 – 05/2002
• Assisted technical staff in the development and demonstration of measurement technologies and standards for industry practices, which included preparing samples for test and researching white papers.
• Completed lathe and mill machine shop certification.
University of Colorado - Boulder, CO 08/1999 – 05/2002
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering
Microsoft Office Suite, AutoCAD, Matlab, Solid Works (Solid Modeling), Adobe Frame Maker, UNIX, Cradle
SECURITY CLEARANCE & STATUS:
TS/SCI - Active
• Certification of Appreciation from the USAF and Lockheed Martin program management: for sustained performance and successful system delivery of a national level asset
• Certification of Operations Excellence from Lockheed Martin program management: received for two separate occasions for six months of consecutive error-free operations
• Spot Award from Lockheed Martin program management: for dedication to Mission Success
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.