- Currently spearheading government projects on process engineering to increase the fatigue life and strength of critical engine components. Helping achieve the DoD’s goals of increasing fleet reliability and readiness by lessening dependence on maintenance, repair, and overhaul (MRO).
- Program Management, Leading National & International Teams (CFTs, IPTs)
- Government Program and Contract Management (DACP, SBIR, STTR, IDIQ, GWOT, GWAC, SLEP, RTOC, IBIF)
Highly successful experienced program manager with outstanding experience gained through a series of progressively increasing responsibility of assignments and roles. Fully capable of managing the product development and program management process from idea conception to production implementation. Has a long record of success in propelling breakthrough improvements and bottom-line gains on business critical problems for companies and clients. Known for relationship-building with multinational clients and teams as well as cost-reduction strategies. Experience in the aerospace, aviation, defense, automotive, industrial, special machinery, plastics, and metals fields. Roles have included Engineering Management, Program Management, Project Engineering, Design Engineering, and Finite Element Analyst.
KEY SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE AREAS
Manage / Minimize Project Risks
Fosters client relationships
Process Simulation (FEA)
Product Design & Development
Fixture / tooling Analysis & Design
System/ Component Analysis & Design
Stress Analysis (ANSYS)
Damage Tolerance Analysis
3D CAD (SolidWorks)
ISO & SPC Tools
GD&T, DFMA, FMEA
Statistical Tolerance Stack-Up
Microsoft Office Programs
Lead Engineer/Sr. Program Manager; Lambda Research, Cincinnati OH 6/06 - Present
Manage 90% of the government’s procurement dollars and influence the management of over $5.0M in R&D revenue annually.
Hired to source and secure contracts with US DoD branches in support of the DoD's goals to reduce jet engine maintenance costs and increase fleet readiness. Regarded as one of firm’s subject matter experts (SME) on processes that increase the damage tolerance and fatigue life of critical components. Manage programs for various DoD branches, NASA, Pentagon, DOE, and OEM clients in the aviation, aerospace, defense, nuclear, and power generation fields with P&L responsibility on all programs. Work with all levels of management and client teams to drive consensus, collaboration and forward momentum toward the completion of project milestones and attainment of client goals.
• Developed and optimized engineering solutions for fretting fatigue and FOD on jet engine and combustor components, increasing R&D revenue 200% and production revenue 400% while assisting the DoD (NAVAIR) in achieving their maintenance, inspection and replacement cost reduction goals by over $10M per year.
• Report to the company president as engineering department manager with six direct reports
• Program Example: Managed $1.24 million Stress Mitigation System program for the U.S. Department of Energy
- Demonstrated/delivered system to prevent corrosion of nuclear waste container lids
- Delivered solution 5 weeks (10%) ahead of schedule
- Realized $248,000 (20%) cost savings for employer
• Submitted five concepts for patent applications
• Lead international and national teams, engineering and optimizing LPB technology for clients
• Design and development of three new LPB Wheel Tool designs; using CAD (SolidWorks), GD&T and DFMA tools
• Performed presentations to customers and upper management.
• Create and execute project work plans while effectively minimizing project risk.
• Establish and manage client day-to-day interactions and expectations and foster new client relationships.
• Ensure production implementation compliance with regulatory agencies (DCMA, FAA, ISO) and perform FMEAs.
• Work with clients to develop and perform V&V requirements.
• Participate in and lead teams in solving difficult technical problems.
• Relied on as primary trainer of newly hired engineers on process design, production implementation, and standards
• Support proposal/quote efforts by reviewing deliverables; providing proposal scope, cost, and schedule estimates
• Perform damage tolerance and fatigue life analyses (AFGROW), applied and induced stress analyses (ANSYS)
Sr Project Engineer; Project/Product manager for all centrifugal product lines, PennBarry Dayton OH 12/04-6/06
Global Engineering firm serving clients across the industrial ventilation industry.
Oversaw and lead multiple projects simultaneously in product development, current production, and cost reduction.
• Performed testing, prototyping, analysis, and program budget tracking
• Worked with plant operations / personnel to resolve quality issues during ramp-up of a new manufacturing facility
• Redesigned entire roof exhauster line using new manufacturing processes realizing $0.5M in savings per year
• Saved $1.0M in fixed costs by spearheading tooling specification, selection and delivery of automated machinery
• Designed/introduced into production new roof exhauster models to fill in competitive product offering gaps
• Identified savings/improvement opportunities and solved challenging technical problems
• Designed/developed new Axial Exhaust Propeller Fan unit to provide larger HP motor capacity than our competition
• UL793, 762, and 705 testing, certification and compliance on new product models and product lines
Program Manager and Analyst (FEA) Engineer; Essig Research Cincinnati, OH 3/02-10/04
Engineering firm providing analyses (ANSYS) for the aviation and aerospace industry.
Obtained project funding from clients on commercial & military programs, and tracked and met program budgets.
• Structural stress, deflection, and heat transfer analysis of complex systems; GE90 & F110 engines
• Increased jet engine turbine life using sensitivity trade-off studies from redesign & analysis iterations (Unigraphics)
• Completed over 30 repair engineering documents; fans, booster assemblies, rotating components, structures (CF6)
Development/ Analyst Engineer; GE Aircraft Evendale, OH (Laid off due to effects of Sept. 11th) 7/01-12/01
Global Engineering firm serving the aviation and aerospace jet engine industry.
Performed applied stress and thermal analyses of combustor components on commercial and military applications.
• Performed analyses (ANSYS) on the F110, CF34-8C, and GE90-94B engines
Product Development & Design Engineer; Parker Thermoplastics Englewood OH (Facility Closed) 7/00-4/01
Custom Injection Molder Engineering firm
Developed injection-molded components for complex molds and secondary plastic assembly processes.
• Performed FEA stress analyses all new designs & developed fixture designs for automating manufacturing processes
• Interfaced with suppliers to ensure adherence to schedules, supplier development & ease of manufacturing
• Worked with customers to ensure compliance to APQP and PPAP standards and performed 8D & FMEA techniques
• Co-developed a two-shot auxiliary brake booster design with Delphi Brake Systems using Unigraphics
• Submitted a proposal for a patent application on CV joint sealing technology
• Saved $0.7 M in costs by introducing a new cost improvement procedure that reduced mold change-over time
Sr Design Engineer; Valeo Automotive Inc. Kettering, OH 6/93-7/00
Tier I Global Company of Engine Cooling Fan Systems for the Automotive Industry
Developed from concept to production, complex hydraulic and electrical automotive engine cooling systems.
• Promoted 4 times in 6 years and received 3 patents in 5 years
• Managed and trained six designers, tracked engineering changes and designs to timelines
• Designed injection-molded shrouds and fans (over and insert molding), using Unigraphics
• Performed prototype, production volume, test fixture design, and stress and deflection analyses
• Included project engineering, requiring heavy oral & written communication with customers and suppliers
• Submitted cost improvement initiative resulting in a savings of over $0.5 M per year
• Developed low-mass cost-effective designs resulting in over $1.8 M plastic material savings per year
• Developed and integrated a new technology and product involving hydraulic engine cooling. Used 8D & DOEs.
• Redesigned hydraulic motor, manifold, and components to achieve a 35% cost reduction prior to production release
• Developed engine cooling fan to shroud interface changes that achieved a three percent increase in efficiency
• Brought over thirty platforms to production in seven years per APQP and PPAP requirements
Mechanical Designer; Hughes Aircraft Tech. Center Carlsbad, CA - SECRET Security Clearance (Inactive) 4/87 -6/93
University of Dayton; Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering Technology 1999
3.94 GPA, Summa Cum Laude (90% of credit hours earned under BSME program)
Palomar College, CA; Associate, Technical Design & Drafting 1988
3.6 GPA (both degrees earned at night while working full time)
2011 P-SAR Conference: Damage Tolerance Improvement of the F100-220 Fourth Stage Compressor Blade by
Low Plasticity Burnishing
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.