Teaching a variety scientific and engineering subjects: University undergraduate and graduate courses, community college science courses and High School Science. Promotion of Sustainable renewable energy concepts, particularly Enhanced Geothermal Systems.
Scholar, Research Scientist and Engineer highly adept at solving complex technical problems. Extensive R&D and practicing engineering experience (10 years in Russia and 23 years in the USA) in the areas of aerospace, energy and thermal sciences.. Skilled in multidisciplinary environment, methodology introduction from approach to application. Fluent in English, Russian and Ukrainian.
EDUCATION AND PROFESSIONAL CERTIFICATIONS
PhD, Physical Chemistry/Molecular Physics, Kiev Polytechnic Institute ( currently National Technical University, Ukraine) /Kiev State University, Certified by Central State Science Certification Committee .Thesis “Theoretical And Experimental Study Of The Two- Phase Region”.
M.S. Thermal Engineering/Nuclear Power Plants Engineering ( with honors)- Kiev Polytechnic Institute. Diploma Project “Nuclear Power Plant”.
Professional Engineer, Mechanical Engineering, State of Ohio, E-62252.
Certified Energy Manager, Association of Energy Engineers
Engineering Thermodynamics: First and Second Law analysis, Thermoeconomics. Finite- time Thermodynamics, Heat Transfer, Aerospace Propulsion
Advanced Energy Studies: Power Cycles, Heat Pumps, Stirilng Machines, Energy Analysis
Physical Chemistry: Properties of Substances, Equations of State Multicomponent equilibrium
Approaches: Design of Experiments, Analytical Hierarchy, FMEA, Optimization, CFD
Simulation tools: Vissim, Supertrapp, Advanced Excel packages,, Exsys, SuperSmith
• Adjunct- Professor with the University of Hartford
· Taught Russian language course to the UTRC employees (2 years)
· Mentored graduate students on a regular basis in the Institute of Thermal Physics, Russia
· Taught Physics and Mathematics in the Ohio University, College of Education, Upward Bound Training program. Awarded an Appreciation Certificate and Students’ Award
UTC- Pratt & Whitney, East Hartford, CT 1995-2012
Primary product- commercial and military aerospace engines
Technology Lead (Modeling), Competitive Assessment Group 2008-2012
Led and managed series of the competitive technology studies. Developed and promoted Technology forecasting and insertion methodologies. Built an expert system for the subjective uncertainty introduction into forecasting process. Efforts resulted in the strategic recommendations in the in-house proposal developments.
Variability and Reliability Lead, Engine Signature 2001-2008
Led the development of the new discipline-Reliability and Variability for special signature projects. Conducted numerous studies resulting in the satisfying the government’s requirements in the area of the aircraft engine signature.
Heat Management Systems Lead (Supervisor) 2000-2001
Led a team of engineers in support of military and commercial heat management systems design. Supported Integrated Product teams in mechanical systems of the operational engines and new designs. The team was commended several times by internal and external customers.
Technical Lead-Fuel Supply System Development 1999-2000
Propulsion Systems Analysis, Florida division
Led the development of the fuel supply cycles for the Hypersonic vehicles. Developed and presented the unique fuel system for the Trailblazer NASA project (combined cycle space vehicle for human space flight with return). The project earned high marks from the NASA Glenn customer.
Lead Aerothermal Engineer 1996-1999
JSF program, Florida division
Supervised a group of 12 engineers in the Concept Development Aircraft effort of the future F135 engine nozzles (both Boeing and Lockheed concepts)- aerothermal design and testing. The group’s activity exceeded customer’s expectations, particularly in the area of Boeing project where a special aerothermal review was conducted by the government with perfect results.
Project Engineer , Lead Translator and IPT Co- Lead 1995-1996
Space Propulsion, Florida division
Co- chaired the Integrated Product team on the Rocket- to Engine Heat Exchanger for the RD-180 US- Russian space program. In support of the program recreated and translated testing instructions for the historical successful testing of the Russian RD-120 space engine on the US soil. P&W received a contract to support the RD-180 program which engines currently power the Atlas vehicles.
UTC Research Center, East Hartford, CT 1991-1995
Associate Research Engineer, Chemical Systems
Conducted R&D in the area of HVAC. .Developed the methodology for using refrigerant mixtures in the HVAC systems. Results were utilized in the design process for the new HVACs without CFCs. Introduced and guided the development of the design software for Stirling Machines.
Sunpower Inc, Athens, Ohio 1989-1991
Primary product- Free- Piston Stirling Engine
Performed an analysis of the Free- Piston Stirling Machines. Upgraded the main company code. Developed a simulation kit for the 6-watt demonstration machine to be sold to the interested customers.
ASME, EWB (Engineers Without Borders), Association of Energy Engineer
Hydraulic Engine- Russia, 1989
Fiction writer ( graduate from Breaking Into Print Course by Long Ridge Writing School, CT), United States Chess Federation member
1.Mark Labinov. Retrograde Condensation As a Future Technology Base.
Proceedings of the ES2009, ASME Energy Sustainability Conference, San- Francisco, July 19-23, 2009, paper #ES2009-90117
2.Probabilistic Approach to Exhaust-System IR Signature Predictions
Mark Labinov, George Christoph, David Azevedo, HAVE Forum, Ft. Walton Beach, FL, 2007
3.George Christoph, Mark Labinov, Peter Giannola.
IR Suppression for Large Transports. HAVE forum, Boston, 2004
4. Mark. S. Labinov, Carl T. Sgamboti, "A novel vapor-compression cooling cycle using controlled expansion," Proceedings of the IECEC- 1995, Orlando, FL, v.3, pp 13-16
5. W.Beale, M.Labinov, "Some practical considerations for cost minimization of Solar Stirling Engines," Proceedings of the Fifth International Stirling Engine Conference, Dubrovnik, Jugoslavia, May 8-10, 1991
6. M.S.Labinov, "Singularities in the two-phase region" Proceedings of the Fifth International Stirling Engine Conference, Dubrovnik, Jugoslavia, May 8-10, 1991
7. M.S.Labinov, "Singular points in the two-phase region," Presented at the annual meeting of the Ohio section of American Physical Society, November 2-3, 1991. Published in the Bulletin of APS (AIP), v.36, No.5, p.1692
8. M.S.Labinov,A.A.Khalatov, "Calculation of turbulent characteristics for a swirling flow in a tube," Proceedings of CHISA'87, Prague, Chechoslovakia, August 30 - September 4, 1987
9. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Statistical theory of the equation of state for condensed matter at high pressure," Proceedings of the XI International AIRAPT Conference, Kiev, July 12-17, 1987 (published in Russian and English)
Russian ( available in Chemical Abstracts):
10. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Peculiarities in the behavior of the heterogeneous liquid-vapor system," Physics of Liquid State, Kiev, 1988, v.16, p.4-14. ("Osobennosti povedenia geterogennoi sistemy zhidkost-par", Physica zhidkoho sostoyania, Kiev, 1988, v.16, p.4-14.)
11. M.S.Labinov, "Some peculiarities of the retrograde condensation phenomena," Thermal processes in elements of energy installations. Proceedings of the Regional Conference, Kiev, 1987, p.81-84. ("Nekotorye osobennosti yavleniya retrogradnoi kondensatsii", Teplovye protsessy v elementah energeticheskih ustroistv, Kiev, 1987, p.81-84.)
12. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Equation of state of liquids in the wide pressure range," Application of high pressures - Proceedings of the All-Union Conference, Moscow, 1986, ("Uravnenie sostoyania zhidkostei v shirokom intervale davlenii", Primenenie vysokih davlenii, Moskva, 1986.)
13. M.S.Labinov, A.V.Chaly, V.M.Syssoev, "Equation of state of liquids and gases at supercritical pressures," Application of high pressures - Proceedings of the All-Union Conference, Moscow, 1986, ("Uravnenie sostoyania zhidkostei i gasov dlya sverhvisokih davlenii", Primenenie visokih davlenii, Moskva, 1986)
14. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Description of substance behavior by means of the integral equations method," Application of high pressures - Proceedings of the All-Union Conference, Moscow, 1986, ("Opisanie povedenia vestchestva pri visokih davleniyah metodom integralnyh uravnenii", Primenenie visokih davlenii, Moskva, 1986)
15. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev et al. "Equation of state for liquid ethylene," Industrial Thermal Engineering, Kiev, 1985, No.4, p.23-27, "Uravnenie sostoyania zhidkoho etilena", Promteplotehnika, Kiev, 1985, No.4, p.23-27)
16. M.S.Labinov, "Theoretical and experimental study of the two-phase liquid-vapor systems," PhD Thesis, Kiev, 1985, ("Theoretico-experimentalnoe issledovanie dvuhfaznyh sred tipa zhidkost-par").
17. M.S.Labinov, Equation of state for condensed phase of binary mixtures,” Simulation of the gas dynamics processes - Proceedings of the regional Conference, Novosibirsk, 1985, p.271-275. ("Uravnenie sostoyania kondensirovannoi fasy binarnoi smesi", Modelirovanie protsessov gasodinamiki, Novosibirsk, 1985, p.271-275)
18. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Equation of state, structure and thermodynamic properties of water in the wide pressure range," Journal of Structural Chemistry, Moscow, 1983, No.1, p.89-92. ("Uravnenie sostoyania, structura i termodinamicheskie svoistva vody v shirokom intervale davleni", Zhurnal Structurnoi Chimii, Moskva, 1983, No.1, p.89-91)
19. M.S.Labinov, I.A.Vasiliev, "Investigation of the thermodynamic properties of the ethylene-n-propanol system," Thermal properties of hydrocarbons and oil products, Moscow, 1983, p.81-85. ("Issledovanie termodinamicheskih svoistv sistemy etilen-propanol", Teplofizicheskie svoistva uglevodorodov i nefteproductov, Moskva, 1983, p.81-85)
20. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, "Equation of state for ethylene at high pressures," Physics of Liquid State, Kiev, 1983, v.11, p.47-52. ("Uravnenie sostoyania etilena pri vysokih davleniyah", Phizica zhidkogo sostoyania, Kiev, 1983, v.11, p.47-52)
21. M.S.Labinov, A.V.Chaly, "Application of the equation of state of condensed matter in the evaluation of the properties of binary mixtures," Proceedings of the VI All-Union Conference on Physical and Chemical Analysis, Kiev, 1983. ("Prilozhenie uravnenia sostoyania kondensirovannoi sredy dlya issledovania svoistv binarnyh smesei", VI Vsesoyusnoe Sovestchanie po FHA, Kiev, 1983)
22. M.S.Labinov, V.M.Syssoev, A.V.Chaly, "Equation of state for water under supercritical pressures," Thermal Physics of High Temperatures, Moscow, 1982, p.1194-1195. ("Uravnenie sostoyania vody pri sverhvisokih davleniyah", TVT, Moskva, 1982, p.1194-1195)
1. Retrograde Condensation As a Future Technology Base.
ES2009, ASME Energy Sustainability Conference, San- Francisco, July 19-23, 2009
2. "Stirling Engines - back to the future," Seminar for students in Physics. College of Science and Nursing, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, Spring 1991
3. "Historical path of Russian Science," Lecture for the faculty and students. College of Science and Nursing, Capital University, Columbus, Ohio, Spring 1991
4. "Singularities in the two-phase region," Seminar for the faculty and graduate students. Department of Chemistry, Ohio University, Athens, Ohio, Fall 1989
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.