· A research position in physics or engineering. Particular interest in Aerospace and space flight operations.
Creighton University, Omaha, CA May 2012
Master of Science in Physics
· Research in High Energy Particle Physics. Thesis: Analysis of ρ0 Decay from Ultra-Peripheral Collisions in Lead-Lead Interactions at ALICE.
· Worked at CERN, ALICE experiment (see below)
· Worked at Brookhaven National Lab, STAR Experiment (see below)
· Course work included high energy particle physics, electricity and magnetism, classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, statistical mechanics, mathematical methods of physics
· Teaching Fellow 2009-2010 (see below)
· Research Fellow 2010-2012 (see CERN and Brookhaven sections)
· Sigma Pi Sigma honor society
Pepperdine University, Malibu, CA May 2009
Bachelor of Science in Physics
· Course work included electricity and magnetism, classical mechanics, quantum mechanics, thermal physics, modern physics, electronics, mathematical methods of physics, general chemistry, multivariable calculus
· Teaching assistant (see below)
· Activities: Physics club 2008-2009, Tae Kwon Do team 2006-2009, Pepperdine Independent
Entertainment (Acting club) 2006-2009, Dance In Flight 2009
CERN, ALICE Collaboration Geneva, Switzerland
Data Analysis October 2011 – April 2012
· Analysis of rho vector meson production at ALICE, involving data analysis on specialized systems, collaboration with top scientists in the field, ALICE control room and detector cavern training.
· Required knowledge of C++, ROOT, Aliroot, Linux, and ALICE data structures
· ALICE control room shifts for data acquisition and data quality management
· Member of Electromagnetic Calorimeter work group
· Member of Ultra Peripheral Collisions work group
· Reached Creighton DOE grant milestone by producing Rho Meson peak using ALICE data
Brookhaven National Laboratory, STAR experiment Upton, NY
Slow Controls Expert on site January – July 2011
· On site expert for slow controls system, providing maintenance, troubleshooting, and development work on control systems for STAR experiment
· Required knowledge of EPICS (Experimental Physics and Industrial Control System), C++, and Linux as well as training for controlled access to the experiment
· Handled hardware-software interface via channel access system (EPICS), maintained both hardware and software based Input-Output controllers, and was available on call 24 hours a day for troubleshooting during data runs at RHIC particle accelerator
· Wrote documentation for non-experts
· Worked shifts in the control room as both shift leader and detector operator
Radiant Asset Management Redmond, WA
Programmer 2008-2009, 2010-2011
· Programmed experimental trading models in C++
· Implemented high yield bond trading strategies at direction of Chief Investment Officer
Creighton University, Physics Department Omaha, NE
Teaching Fellow, Physics 212 lab August - December 2010
· Taught three labs for Physics 212 at Creighton University
· Graded labs for 30-40 students
· Assisted students during lab and with homework
· Creighton University winner of the AAPT outstanding teaching assistant award for Fall 2011
Pepperdine University, Physics Department Malibu, CA
Teaching Assistant, Physics 211 lab 2007-2008
· Set up lab equipment, gave lab lectures, ran labs in absence of professor
· Graded labs for 10-20 students
· Assisted students as needed with experiments and mathematics
· French (moderate knowledge)
· Eagle Scout
· 4th Degree Black Belt in Tae Kwon Do
· International Marathons
· Acting throughout high school and college
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.