· To promote the importance of technological innovation and space exploration
· To further employ my interdisciplinary scientific education and experience
2008 M.Sc., Space Studies, International Space University Strasbourg, France
2006 Space Studies Program, International Space University Strasbourg, France
2005 B.Sc., Physics, Dalhousie University Nova Scotia, Canada
2005 Diploma, Engineering, Dalhousie University Nova Scotia, Canada
International Space University (SSP13) June – August 2013
Position: Teaching Associate Strasbourg, France
Team Project: Coastal Sustainability in Kenya
· Introduced project background to participants, supported project chair
· Planned, directed and monitored team activities
· Mentored 30 international participants to successful completion of a team project final report, executive summary and final presentation
International Space University / Florida Institute of Technology (SSP 12) June – August 2012
Position: Teaching Associate: Space Applications Department Melbourne, Florida
· Worked directly with department chair on academic activities
· Created program content and advised participant team projects
· Supported visiting lecturers and departmental activities
· Supervised students and provided input on individual projects
University Space Research Association (USRA-SOFIA) August 2008 – August 2009
NASA Ames Research Center Mountain View, California
Position: Research Intern: Exoplanetary Astronomy
· Improved knowledge of exoplanets, planetary transits and basic astronomy
· Acquired skills in observational astronomy and independent research
· Improved knowledge of infrared astronomy and the S.O.F.I.A telescope
· Assembled & utilized a computer controlled backyard telescope in order to detect planetary transits of HD 209458b and to attempt further detections of planets transiting Red Dwarf stars.
RCR Hospitality Group Ltd. May 2002 - June 2012ONYX Fine Dining Restaurant, Cut Steakhouse & Urban Grill, Victory Arms Pub Halifax, Canada
Positions: Management, Server, Bartender
· Oversaw restaurant operations and delegated tasks to staff
· Communication, problem solving, customer service and people skills
· Working knowledge of wines, wine service, and food service safety
· Multi-tasked in a very fast paced environment
• “Integrated Applications for Sustainable use of Coastal Regions”. Paper submitted to the International
Astronautical Congress on behalf of SSP13 Team Project final report. Addressed problems related to water pollution along the Kenyan coast. Solutions included the use of sensor buoys, mobile phone communications, radio broadcasts, etc. Four mobile applications were proposed related to potential fishing zones, oil spills, water pollution and collection of geo-tagged images and videos.
• “Planets Transiting Nearby Red Dwarfs”. Investigated the possibility of detecting a planet transiting an
M (red) dwarf star, using an 8” backyard telescope setup. Small rocky planets are viewed as more likely to exist around these small, less luminous, long-lived stars.
• “Exoplanet Science with S.O.F.I.A.- The Stratospheric Observatory For Infrared Astronomy”. Internship project, completed at NASA Ames Research Center. Involved a detailed literature review and suggested future exoplanetary research projects in infrared wavelengths.
• “The Feasibility of Particle Beam Matter Transfer: From the Moon to Earth & Other Applications”. Master’s individual research project, completed at ISU. Investigated the hypothetical re-use of hall-effect thrusters on the lunar surface, in order to propel in-situ derived oxygen to lunar or Earth orbit.
• “Full Moon: Oxygen and Hydrogen Storage and Distribution on the Lunar Surface”. Master’s team research project, completed at ISU. Contributed to the oxygen and hydrogen storage team with emphasis on future critical technologies for ISRU and propellant storage on the lunar surface.
• “Luna Gaia: A Closed Loop Habitat on the Lunar Surface”. Summer session team project, completed at ISU. Contributed to the location and power research teams, analyzing both short term (technologically feasible) and long term (utilizing future technologies) power supply and collection alternatives.
• Planetary science: the formation of solar systems and planetary bodies, detection & characterization
of exoplanets and the conditions required for life.
• Additive manufacturing
• Human and robotic solar system exploration:ISRU, life support systems, propulsion technologies
• Performing arts / media, vocals / songwriting, guitar, violin, acting, videography, directing
Available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.