To be a leading engineer/scientist in the space industry.
2011-2012 Master of Science in Astronautics and Space Engineering, Cranfield University, UK
Thesis on the “Feasibility Study of the MODUS Platform” – a small multipurpose spacecraft
Baseline systems engineer for Group Design Project for a Sub L1 Space Weather Warning System
2004-2008 Completed combined Bachelor of Engineering (Aerospace)/Bachelor of Science (Astrophysics) Degrees at the University of New South Wales, Australia
Achieved First Class Honours in Aerospace Engineering
Final Year Thesis on “The Investigation of a Design for a Micro Aerial Vehicle (MAV) for Mars”
1990 – 2003 St. Michael's Collegiate School, Hobart, Australia (Kindergarten to Year 12)
Tas (TER):105.4 (UAI equivalent: 98.25)
Apr 2013 – Present Spacecraft Systems Engineer, NewSat Ltd, Melbourne
Systems engineering activities primarily for the Jabiru-1 spacecraft program
· Working with a small team Australia-wide to ensure the Jabiru-1 Lockheed Martin (LM) A2100 spacecraft meets NewSat’s needs;
· Support of Jabiru-1 program post-PDR through AI&T, satellite technical documentation assessment, liaison with resident engineering team (on-site at LM) and ensuring satellite design meets contracted specifications and all deliverables met per Statement of Work;
· Program and technical lead for GMV ground systems FDS contract;
· Involvement in KISI ground system RTS (and FDS) multi-site project;
· Interface development management between GMV and KISI for the Epoch to FocusGEO systems (the A2100 has not previously been used the GMV system for RTS or FDS operations);
· Participation in and review of all launch activities/documentation for Jabiru-1, one of LM’s largest A2100s, with Arianespace;
· Liaison with MEASAT (operator and Ku-payload lessor) in regards to ground systems contracts, satellite build, in orbit test and satellite operation to ensure the overall system design meets both the owner and operators’ needs given the contract and product constraints;
· RFP generation and proposal evaluation for various program aspects including carrier monitoring, antennas and capacity management systems;
· Assessment of contractual documentation for various project aspects including overseas hosted gateway, ground system antenna contracts, ground system FDS and RTS contracts and carrier monitoring systems;
· Other project work including proposal development for the RAPID project and evaluation of various hosted payload opportunities for future Jabiru satellites.
· Successful Epoch to FocusGEO interface testing for the Jabiru-1 satellite (as shown in pre-factory acceptance level tests);
· Participation in various Jabiru-1 meetings including CDR, Quarterly Management Reviews, Arianespace’s Mission Analysis Kick Off and RAMP.
Nov 2012 – Apr 13 Aerospace Engineer, Aerospace Concepts, Canberra
Team Leader for two space projects – a skills audit of the Australian space sector and development of the Space Industry Capability Database
· Management of a small team, liaising with stakeholders, survey design and distribution and report writing.
Feb 2011 – Sep 11 Structures Engineer, Qantas Engineering, Melbourne
Structural Engineering activities for Boeing 737 aircraft
· Line and heavy maintenance repair assessment and design, including liaison with Boeing through Service Requests;
· Assessment of technical documentation (Service Literature, Regulatory and existing Qantas documentation) for 737 aircraft;
· Creation of technical documents adhering to Qantas policy and procedures, including those for new 737-800 pre-service modifications;
· Reliability investigations for various 737 structural components, involving liaison between different engineering departments to determine causes for particular recurring defects and Service Difficulty Reports;
· 737 flap track replacement and modification project that involved liaison with various vendors and Qantas departments to ensure flap tracks were replaced at the next available maintenance opportunity;
· External vendor repair assessment for 737 structural components - corresponding coherently and professionally with various repair and overhaul facilities to effectively secure a mutually beneficial outcome.
· Received a Qantas eXcel Recognition Program Service Award – This award recognises and rewards staff who perform consistently and have excelled in an aspect of their work in the area of service.
Feb 2009 – Jan 11 Graduate Engineer, Qantas Engineering, Melbourne
Rotations in Avionics, Structures, Power Plants and Maintenance Systems Engineering – Undertaken a variety of activities relating to Boeing 737s
· Line and Heavy Maintenance support for 737 aircraft for avionics, structural and power plants components;
· Practical project investigating the degradation of leading edge proximity sensors, including design of a rig, testing of failed sensors and analysis of results in conjunction with the vendor;
· Reliability investigations for avionics, CFM56 engine and structural components and Service Difficulty Reports;
· Introduction to flap track replacement and modification project;
· Assessment of various 737 technical documents and updating maintenance systems documentation;
· Creation of technical reports, including overhaul and repair documentation for external repair vendors and reliability reports for CFM56 engines;
· Attendance at periodic 737 airline reliability meetings;
· 737-800 Jetconnect Delivery Project – management and creation of technical documentation for pre-service modifications, liaison between various 737 engineering departments, external CAANZ approval company and Qantas representative at Boeing;
· Co-management the External Damage Assessment Record (EDAR) project, involving all fleets (737, 767, 747 and A330 aircraft) and various departments throughout different sites at Qantas. This project involved also involved thorough knowledge of regulatory and Qantas policy and procedural documentation and change management processes.
· Design and manufacture of on-wing testing equipment for proximity sensors during avionics rotation;
· Successful delivery of all new 737-800 Jetconnect aircraft;
· Successful implementation of the new EDAR and technical log, policy and procedures with the introduction of new maintenance software
Nov 2007 – Feb 08 Work Experience Student, Thales Australia Ltd, Garden Island, Sydney
Visual database/simulation related activities
Design and Manufacture project
Nov 2006 – Feb 07 Work Experience Student, GKN Aerospace Engineering Services, Redfern, Sydney
Stress analysis related activities; used Patran, Nastran and Catia V5
Software testing with the Research and Development team.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.