Intermediate Member of Technical Staff
MDA Space Missions
December 2010 - June 2012 (1 year 7 months)
- Member of the IBDM (International Berthing and Docking Mechanism) avionics team team.
- Integrated critical Simulink modules to the MDA-developed IBDM simulator.
- Performed testing and validation for the IBDM simulator and control system.
- Coauthored and reviewed documents related to simulator design and functionality.
- Coordinated a series of ground tests with prototype IBDM hardware with QinetiQ NV.
- Developed the test plans and travelled overseas to provide engineering support. Liaised between the test team in Belgium and the MDA team in Canada.
- Processed test data and presented the results in several well-received reports.
- Technical point of contact between the client and MDA.
- Analyzed the kinematics and dynamics of CANADARM 2 using MDA- developed simulation software.
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellow
University of Toronto Institute for Aerospace Studies
October 2008 - November 2010 (2 years 1 months)
- Developed an electrodynamic satellite propulsion and attitude control device.
- Designed and evaluated a control scheme to maneuver a spacecraft equipped with orthogonal electrodynamic booms.
- Designed and evaluated control schemes to control the attitude of a satellite equipped with orthogonal electrodynamic booms.
- Developed a new concept for lunar cargo transport using linked cargo modules.
Graduate Research Assistant
September 2001 - September 2008 (7 years 1 month)
- Analyzed the dynamics of large flexible satellites located near Lagrangian points.
- Investigated the dynamics of variable length tethered system stationed near Lagrangian points. Designed tether length law to control the tether motions.
January 2002 - April 2008 (6 years 4 months)
- Teaching assistant for four undergraduate and graduate level courses, including Mechanics 2 (MECH 220), Mechanics 3 (MECH 315), Spacecraft Dynamics (MECH 542), and Mechanical Laboratory (MECH 362).
- Led tutorial sessions, graded class assignments, and supervised lab experiments.
Ph.D., McGill University, Mechanical Engineering, 2003 - 2008
M.Eng, McGill University, Mechanical Engineering, 2001 - 2003
B.Eng (Honors), McGill University, Mechanical Engineering, 1996 - 2001
Technical: Orbital Mechanics, Attitude Dynamics, Modeling and Simulation, Flexible Body Dynamics, Vibrations, Control System Design, Tether Dynamics.
Courses Taken: Advanced Dynamics, Finite Element Method, Optimization, Heat Transfer, Linear and Nonlinear Control System, Fluid Mechanics.
Software: Matlab, Simulink, MS Office, Maple.
Communication: Presented research results at six international conferences. Led tutorial sessions for undergraduate level classes. Taught beginner level fencing for McGill Athletics.
Engineer-in-Training (EIT) with Professional Engineers Ontario.
NSERC Postdoctoral Fellowship Award (2008-2010)
First prize, Student Paper Competition (Ph.D. Category), 11th International Space Conference of Pacific Basin Societies (2007)
McGill Graduate Student Fellowship (2006)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing is €450 (approx £400 or US$450) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user).
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.