13/10/2009 Engineering Qualification
26/02/2009 Master’s Degree in Space Aeronautic Engineering, University of Naples “Federico II
Development and Thermofluidynamic Analysis of a Growth Chamber Model of Plants for Space Applications”.
This work was carried out in collaboration with the Microgravity Lab of the DIAS (Department of Aerospace Engineering) and the MARS Center for Aerospace Research (Finmeccanica group). It is a part of CAB project of Italian Space Agency (A.S.I.) This work thesis aims to answer the troubles of the next space exploration missions. Infact, space programs, as LUNA GAIA, aim to bring humans in the space for long period missions, so the great problem is food resources to support human life for an approximate period of 3 years. The solution is ECLLS (Enviromental Close Loop Life Support) ,which uses human fluid waste products (CO2 ,gray water,etc) to feed biomass. It returns water, food and oxygen to man This brought to get the following goals:
∗ Production and food management;
∗ Air regeneration ( O2 production, C O2 removal and gas control );
∗ Water regeneration ;
∗ Waste management .
Thanks to studies on the plants biology and physiology and themofluidodinamic processes within plant, I developed a close loop climate chamber . The goal of the thesis has been to optimize the process of interaction between vegetation and the environment in which to create a Space Greenhouse(SGH) in the future. The work based targets are:
∗ The optimization of the environmental conditioning system(based on an environmental plan system to recreate a good environment for the plants’ growth ).
∗ The development of prediction model for plant-environment interaction, based on thermofluidodinamic rules) ;
Once achieved the requirements to obtain a good environment for plants development, I studied the photosynthetic process , the plant transpiration and convection so that I implemented the mathematical model considering the CO2. To compare experimental results, I made numerical simulations in CFD(Computational Fluid Dynamic) with and without plants in order to compare the end final results with the experimental once. Each time, during these simulations, I changed one or more themofluidodinamic parameters( for example Temperature ,Global Radiation etc).
During the course of the studies I have deepened the following areas:
• Aerospace Dynamic and Control Systems (Theory and applications of spacecraft attitude dynamics and control; attitude sensors and control actuators; spin, three-axis active, reaction wheel, control moment gyro, and gravity gradient control systems; environmental effects; Laplace transform techniques; linear feedback control systems; stability criteria; Nyquist stability theory)
• Aerospace System (Operating principle and mathematical models for Sun sensor, Earth sensors, Magnetometers and Star sensors; Algorithms for attitude determination from sensor measurements for spin-stabilized and three-axis stabilized satellites. Magnetic attitude control of spin-stabilized and three-axis stabilized satellites; Euler angles, direction cosines and quaternions; Controllability and observability concepts)
• Aerospace Remote Sensing Systems (electro-optical scanners, and digital processing; scattering and absorption processes, image classification, satellite technology and orbital configurations; optical sensors including single element and area arrays (CCDs); interferometer, convolution, stability, phasors, convolution, transforms, sampling, and interpolation; antenna parameters; doppler radar, chirp radar, FM radar synthetic aperture radar (SAR))
• Aerospace Plant (astrodynamic; space environment; Electrical Power Subsystem; Thermal Power System; photovoltaic panel and battery dimensionino; Thermal Power System )
• Aerospace plant and experimentation (Scientific space programmes and platforms. Microgravity (μg) and related research fields: Fluid, Material, Life Sciences. μg platforms: drop towers/tubes, parabolic flights on aircrafts, sounding rockets, satellites, International Space Station. Scientific operations: Ground Segment and Telescience. Fluid dynamics in μg: capillarity, balance equations, order of magnitude analysis and application to space experiments. μg facilities. Optical diagnostics for μg fluid dynamics)
• Orbital Mechanics (The two-body problem; Kepler’s laws; equations of conic; orbital elements; orbital transfers; the N-body problem; orbit perturbation analysis; orbit determination and prediction: perturbation methods applied to trajectory analysis; impulsive orbit transfer and rendezvous)
• Aerospace Propulsion (Fundamentals of rocket and airbreathing jet propulsion devices; prediction of thrust, combustion reactions, and operating performance; ramjets; turbojets; turbofans; turboprops; combustors, and nozzles; compressors, turbines; electric propulsion; liquid and solid rocket propulsion; bi-propellant and mono-propellant rocket propulsion)
• Aerospace Structures (Fundamental concepts in the linear theory of elasticity, including stress, strain, equilibrium, compatibility, material constitution and properties. Static analysis of complex structural components subject to thermal and aerodynamic loads. Finite element methods of aerospace structural analysis. Behavior of composite materials and their use in engineering structures.)
• Aerodynamics (Fluid properties, statics, and kinematics. Conservation equations in differential and integral form. Bernoulli’s equation. Dimensional analysis. Basic potential flow concepts and solutions Twodimensional and finite wing theory with emphasis on the mechanisms of lift and drag generation; Incompressible, subsonic, transonic, supersonic, hypersonic flow over airfoils and wings; Laminar boundary layers. Transition and turbulent flow)
• Computational Fluid Dynamics (Introduction to modern computational fluid dynamics. Explicit, implicit, and iterative techniques. Solutions of elliptic, parabolic, and hyperbolic equations. Methods for solving the Navier- Stokes and reduced equation sets such as Euler; Introduction to relevant aspects of grid generation and turbulence modeling. Introduction to modern mesh generation techniques An exposition of numerical techniques commonly used for the solution of partial differential equations encountered in engineering physics.. Recent applications of weighted residuals methods (Galerkin), finite element methods, finite volume methods and grid generation techniques)
• Artificial intelligence (Major topics in and directions of research in artificial intelligence: AI languages (PROLOG), basic problem solving techniques, knowledge representation and computer inference, machine learning, natural language understanding, computer vision)
• Statistics and Probability (calculus of probability, random variables, expectation, distribution functions, central limit theorem, point estimation, confidence intervals, and hypothesis testing. best estimators, maximum likelihood estimators, confidence intervals, most powerful tests, unbiased tests, and chi-square tests.)
• Business Economics and Organisation (Microeconomic Principles and Macroeconomic Principles)
Good knowledge of CFD(Fluent 6.3.3);
Good knowledge of HYPERMESH(Version 8 and 9);
Good knowledge of NASTRAN 2008;
Good knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point);
Good knowledge of SOLARIS(Unix),UCL, Main HLCL commands
Good knowledge of follows ASTRIUM tools:
- MOIS; - UCL Manager; - Milcat ; - Main CGS tools; - GPTAU ; - Exploitations: ZAUROT, etc ; - Simutools (preptool ,deploy ,install_data ) - Prep_diag
Base knowledge of Catia V5;
Base knowledge of Matalab-Simulink e Mathcad;
Base knowledge of Pascal;
• Development of artificial intelligence algorithms (neural networks, Prolog).
• Simulink Simulation of the dynamic behaviour of a feedback control systems.
• Development of algorithms with Monte Carlo Simulation Method.
Fluent knowledge of English
Good knowledge of French
Basic knowledge of Spanish
Validation and Qualification Test Engineer in ASTRIUM FRANCE (EADS) (Les Mureaux) on behalf of ALTRAN FRANCE on ATV activity ,using ASTRIUM Tools, my activity is focused on LEO and LEO 2nd BOOST Phase for of ATV3( Edoardo Amaldi) and LEO phase for ATV4(Albert Einstein)
My activity is focused on the following points:
1) TEST PREPARATION AND RELATIVE DATAPACK Preparation of test and check of ATV on board mission behaviour and of all avionic equipment (Attitude Control, GYRA, AKKA , PDCU(Power Distribution Control Unit), Propulsion, GNC, Mass etc) using Astrium Tools, CGS System and SOLARIS environment
2)TEST EXECUTION(DRYRUN) and FORMAL TEST Simulation of ATV behaviour during the flight phase using platforms having the same electrical and numerical parts inside of real ATV
3) TEST ANALYSIS(LEVEL 0 and LEVEL 1) Analysis of results obtained and comparison of these ones to waiting results
4)TEST REPORT FOR ESA Reports activity for ESA regarding all test and analysis results
All these procedures are performer for LEO PHASE ,LEO SURVIVAL PHASE and a part of LEO 2ND BOOST of ATV 3 (Edoardo Amaldi) and actually for a part of CLEO (COUNTDOWN) for FLIGHT SUPPORT of ATV 3
Validation and Qualification Test Engineer in ASTRIUM FRANCE (EADS) (Les Mureaux) on behalf of AVIOSPACE on ATV activity ,using ASTRIUM Tools, my activity was focused on Re-entry and De-orbitation of ATV2(Johannes Kepler) for Flight Support, LEO_SURV Phase for of ATV3( Edoardo Amaldi) .
Stress Analysis activity about Boeing 787-9 in DEMA Spa Stress analyst on sec. 44 Fusolage, analysis activity on side frame 897-1185 sec 44, static and joint analysis for fastener using famoss tool for static analysis, these analysis have done Tension and compession check. Gkjoint tool (for joint analysis),it has performed Shear and Bolt Bending check All Results was reported in stress note.
Cooperation contract with TEKNOSUD GROUP ( a firm operating in aeronautic and railway field) Aeronautic field: I worked for ALENIA AERONAUTICA located in Pomigliano d’Arco on behalf of Teknosud. I worked as stress analyst for realizing changes on strap element primary structure of Boeing 787-9 fusolage, In this activity I used Hypermesh as Fem tool and Nastran as solutor. The Solutions Analysis Perfomed are Static linear Analysis (Sol 101), modal Analysis (Sol 103). Railways field: I worked for SAIRA (Tosoni Group) located in Avellino on behalf of Teknosud, in it I worked as stress analyst for updating the technical stress note of Tram Sirio.
Stage in ARES ENGINEERING Stress Analysis course. (template analysis excell, Hypermesh).
During this period I again worked at CAB project in the Microgravity Laboratory (with the support of Mars Center Research) with an University contract for implementing the mathematical method with new data. Using as tools Fluent 6.3.3 This program aimed to optimize the results obtained during my work thesis and the new results have been showed during the International Astronautic Conference (Korea 2009). In parallel I also studied for obtaining the engineering qualification for working in the private engineering field )
I like reading (especially scientific journals and newspapers),I like travelling (especially in Europe) and I like practising sports Aptitudes I’d like to experience working abroad, so as to use my acquired knowledge and improve professionally and humanly. I have a strong adaptation to new environments and a keen aptitude to work in team.
I authorize the use of the provided information in accordance to the Italian Privacy Protection Law675/96
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.