Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) in Electronic Engineering
Dissertation : “Empirical-statistical modelling and simulation of the Ultra-Wideband Body-Centric Radio Propagation Channel”.
Master of Science (MSc) in “Mobile and Satellite Communications” with Distinction.
Bachelor of Science (BSc) in “Physics”, Degree: 7.41/10
Wireless Communications trainee engineer, for intra-satellite and ground testing applications. Assigned in the “On Board Computer and Data Handling Section (TEC-EDD), Data Systems Division”
- MB-OFDM WiMedia Standard : PHY-MAC layer protocol analysis.
- Assessment and Optimization of Wireless UWB-WiMedia COTS devices for space and ground applications.
- USB standard: Reverse Engineering on USB interface of WiMedia-based COTS devices.
- Software Defined Radio: Design and Implementation of an end-to-end UWB MB-OFDM system level simulator in MATLAB-Simulink.
- Producing custom-based S-function building blocks (Level 1 and Level 2) from MATLAB code.
· 06/2005-06/2009 : Centre for Communications Systems Research, Surrey (CCSR), UK
Active member of the “Guardian Angel E.U. project” task group, aiming the development of an UWB-based platform for patient monitoring.
- Measurements of the Ultra Wideband (UWB) body-centric network channels.(Frequency and time domain indoor channel measurements).
- Statistical modelling and simulation of the channel Frequency/Impulse Response.
- Optimization and system design.
- Producing publications in well-reputed journals and conferences.
- Writing up the working task group deliverable.
Lecturer of the module: “Probability Theory and Statistics”.
- Preparing private lecture slides, lecture organogram and assignment exercises.
- Supervising final year student dissertations in the field of application of probability theory in mobile communications systems.
Teaching Assistant of the module: “Laboratory of Antennas and Wave Propagation”.
· Α. Α. Goulianos and S. Stavrou, “UWB Path Arrival Times in Body Area Networks”, IEEE Antennas and Wireless Propagation Letters, Vol. 6, pp. 223-226, 2007.
· M. Presser, T. W. C. Brown, A. A. Goulianos and R. Tafazolli, “ Body-centric context aware application scenarios”, IET Conference on Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation for Body-centric Wireless Communications, pp. 19-23, April 2007.
· A. Goulianos, T. W. C Brown and S.Stavrou, “Ultra-wideband measurements and results for sparse off-body communications”, Loughborough Antennas and Propagation Conference (LAPC), pp. 213-216, March 2008.
· A. Goulianos, T. W. C Brown and S. Stavrou, “ A novel path-loss model for UWB off-body propagation”, Vehicular Technology Conference (VTC Spring), pp. 450-454, Singapore, May 2008.
· A. Goulianos, T. W. C. Brown, B. G. Evans and S. Stavrou, “Wideband power modeling and time dispersion analysis for UWB indoor off-body communications”, IEEE Transactions on Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 57, No. 7, pp. 2162-2171, July 2009.
· A. Goulianos, T. W. C Brown and S. Stavrou, “Power delay profile modeling of the UWB off-body propagation channel”, in IET Journal on Microwaves, Antennas and Propagation, Vol. 4, pp. 62-71, January 2010.
· K. Mammasis, P. Santi, A. Goulianos, “A Three Dimensional Angular Scattering Response Including Path Powers”, IEEE Transactions On Wireless Communications, pp. 1321-1333, Vol. 11, No. 4, April 2012.
· A. Goulianos, J. F. Dufour, “UWB Networks for Intra-Spacecraft Wireless Communications”, 2nd European Space Agency (ESA) Workshop on Advanced Flexible Telecom Payload, pp. 172-179, ESA-ESTEC, April 2012.
Referees (On Demand)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you accordingly. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.