January 2012- Present: Young Graduate Trainee
ESTEC, European Space Agency , Noordwijk, Netherlands.
- Graduate Engineer in the Mechanisms Section in the Structures and Mechanisms Division.
- Developing models and using the multi-body approach to simulate the dynamics of launch vehicles, eg Vega Launcher.
- Concurrent Design Facility team member for future scientific missions.
- Writing Requirement Specifications and Statements of Work for the Technology Research Program.
July-October 2010: Composites Research Intern
Advanced Composites Centre for Innovation and Science (ACCIS), University of Bristol, UK.
- Research and development of sensing systems for damage in composite materials.
- Manufacturing and testing self-healing materials.
February 2006: Engineering Internship
Jaguar Cars, Castle Bromwich, UK.
- Work Experience with manufacturing engineers in the Plant Vehicle Team.
- Shadowing engineers in mechanical and road tests.
- C J Norris, J A P White, G McCombe, P Chatterjee, I P Bond and R S Trask. Autonomous stimulus triggered self-healing in smart structural composites. Smart Materials and Structures, Volume 21,094027
2007-2011: Master of Engineering (MEng) in Aeronautical Engineering at University of Bristol, UK.
2004-2006: A Levels: Mathematics, Further Mathematics, Physics, Product Design
at King Edward VI Fiveways, Birmingham, UK
June 2012: Multi-body Dynamics in Practical Use. Lappeenranta University of Technology, Finland.
March 2012: Introduction to Space Systems Engineering. University of Southampton, ESTEC.
February 2012: Fundamentals of Matlab. MathWorks.
- CATIA, AutoDesk Inventor
- LabView, MATLAB, SimuLink
- Finite Element Analysis: Nastran
- Multi-body Dynamics: DCAP
- Visual Basic
- Linux/Unix OS
- MS Office: Word, PowerPoint, Excel
- English: Mother Tongue
- French, Spanish: Reading - Fair ; Speaking & Writing - Basic
- Dutch: Basic
- Mars Robotic Exploration Program: Concurrent Design Facility study at ESTEC on Sample Return Missions. My responsibilities were design of landing gear and sample return mechanisms.
- Thermal management of carbon composites for space applications (Masters Research project): The purpose of this project was to prove the concept of an integrated cooling system in composite laminates.
- Airbus Fixed-Wing Aircraft Design (3rd Year Group Design Project): The objective was to design all aspects of a new aircraft that would fill a future gap in the market for a medium range, 220-seat civil airliner. My specialisations were concept selection, systems architecture, cockpit design and flight control systems. I presented our proposed design, on behalf of my group, to academics and engineers from Airbus and Rolls Royce.
- Formula Schools: In a group of 4 students from school we designed and built the chassis and body for a remote control car to race against other teams at the Silverstone racetrack. We placed in the top 15 out of over a hundred teams.
- Engineering Education Scheme: A project carried out with graduate engineers at Network Rail, UK to design and test a prototype of a mechanism to enable easy maintenance access for display systems in train stations.
INTERESTS AND EXTRA-CURRICULAR ACTIVITIES
My main interests include rock climbing, flying, astronomy, dancing, theatre and travelling.
- Officer Cadet in Bristol University Air Squadron: Flight training in a single-engine 2-seater light sport aircraft; taking part in leadership activities and adventurous training.
- University of Bristol Mountaineering Club committee (2008-2009): I helped organise climbing expeditions and train new members of the club.
- Volunteer English teacher at schools in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Guangzhou, China (2006-07): In my gap year I travelled around Asia and South America and worked for various NGOs.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.