I am an International sales and marketing executive with extensive experience in terrestrial and satellite data communications and IP networking. During this time I have worked with nearly every communications technology and protocol for both local and wide area networks. I have marketed and sold both hardware solutions and managed services in both the SME and enterprise markets. I have strong channel management skills and understand the role and value that a channel partner can have before, during and after a successful sale. As an individual contributor I have the capability to develop, implement and achieve sales plans for individual accounts; as a manager I can take an existing team and increase their productivity and effectiveness.
My commercial skills and experience are complimented by a strong technical background which gives me a unique perspective on technology, the ability to cut through the hype and most importantly, to understand how it can meet a customer’s needs.
International Sales and Marketing Director
Comtech Mobile Datacom developed a marine broadband terminal for Internet access via an L band satellite network. I was responsible for all marketing and sales to, through and with an indirect sales channel. The project was cancelled just before launch in March 2012.
Key achievements to date include:
- Creation of sales channel of Value Added Distributors and resellers across Europe, Middle East and Asia
- Obtained initial stocking orders from VADs
- Created product messaging, competitive positioning and value proposition
- Heavily influenced the structure and pricing of the air time packages to be available with the terminal
- Creation of sales incentive programs to facilitate entry into the market
- Was product evangelist at industry events through panel discussions and public speaking appearances
UDcast developed and sold bandwidth optimization and security solutions for the satellite IP networking market. They also provided head end and transmission components for mobile TV broadcast networks, DVB-H & DVB-SH. Products were sold through a network of system integrators, OEMs and value add resellers.
Key achievements during this period:
- Developed satellite reseller channel in the UK
- Revived OEM relationship with STM (acquired Nera VSAT business in 2006), resulting in $200,000 in new business during 2006 and 2007
- Signed mobile TV system integration contracts with Scientific Atlanta (Cisco), Tandberg Television (Ericsson) and NEC Europe
- Developed mobile TV sales in Northern Europe from €0 to €200,000 within first 12 months
- Grew FY 2007 year on year revenues by 65% to €575,000
- During next 6 month mini fiscal year achieved greater results than during the previous 12 months, €725k versus €575k
- Maintained year on year revenue in 2008 as company revenue declined
- Increased year on year business with BT from €40k to €110k in 2008
- Increased year on year business with NSSL from €33k to €215k in 2008
- Developed proposal for network wide maintenance contracts; during 2008 and 2009 increased maintenance sales in region by 200%
- Successfully introduced company and products into maritime satellite market during 2009
- Managed overall relationship and certification process with Inmarsat (maritime)
Sales and Marketing Director, Internet Business Group
The Internet Business Group (IBG) was the Internet Service Provider arm of Hughes EMEA operations. The IBG provided a managed VSAT Internet access service across Europe, North Africa and the Middle East. All sales were to, through and with a network of resellers and system integrators.
Key achievements during this period:
- Revamped channel partner community
- Increased sales 20% year on year 2004 – 2005
- Implemented Channel Partner Program with sales incentives
- Launched next generation hardware platform and development of sector specific air time packages
OfficeXtra is a business services provider targeting the local SME marketplace. Services included managed offices, printing and express shipping. We also offered telephony and Internet access services, including satellite based services, as resellers of Orange and Aramiska.
I was responsible for managing the 9-person team of regionally based Channel Marketing managers in Europe, Middle East and Africa. I was also responsible for the 5-person Channel Operations team that maintained the Business Partner Program for all channel partners in EMEA. My budget responsibility was approximately $5M.
Bay Networks was acquired by Northern Telecom in September 1998 resulting in the creation of Nortel Networks.
International Channel Sales Development Manager – EMEA & Canada
Various Technical Support, Product Management/Product Marketing and International Channel Sales positions
Honorably discharged as Electronic Technician First Class (ET1)
Dual U.S. and French nationality
French as a second language
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.