Over fifteen years as a Senior EMI/EMC Electrical Engineer Scientist Specialist in engineering design, test and integration. Master of electromagnetic propagation, electronics design, electrical electronics analysis, signal integrity, radiation, shielding, bonding, grounding, electromagnetic environmental effects, electromagnetic vulnerability, electronics warfare, electrostatic discharge, (EMI/EMC/EW/E3, TEMPEST, HIRF, ESD, HERF, RADHAZ), lightning, spectrum management, RF susceptibility and microwave engineering. Proficient in high-level computer programming, batch file control language, data acquisition, data handling and communications. Defines requirements, design, contributes to bids and proposals, test engineering, planning, test procedures, test conduct and support. Well versed in relevant military standards and commercial standards for EMI, security, safety and quality.
Skills and Achievements
● Worked on Gulfstream, Global Hawk, BAMS, Fire Scout, C-17, C-130, Fairchild-Dornier 728, Rockwell Collins TPR-901 transponder, Abrams, Stryker, RAM missile, Standard Missile, COMFY SWORD battlefield interdiction and intelligence [Prime Item Development Manager], NASA space station valves, motors and actuators, Voyager Mission Test Imaging, Microwave Automated Calibration System (MACS-1000), Automatic Flow, Pressure Tester, Ethernet products, computer systems, PPS 1000 radar, undersea systems and more.
● Published two theses in relativistic methods and geometry of radiation to accurately address TEMPEST, EMI, RF, microwave, radio, and transmission line electric field effects in circuits, systems and vehicles. Master of design margins with antenna coupling, signal isolation, signal coupling, shielding, reflection, absorption, re-radiation, near and far fields, bandwidth considerations, distance, crosstalk, critical frequency effects, propagation, link budgets, statistics and noise. Contract consulting job hunter: http://www.cjhunter.com/TA186560.
● Design and develop data acquisition, data processing and data collection and reporting systems. Have multiple language and operating system skills on micros, minis and mainframes. Automate with high-level script and batch file programming. Advanced Microsoft Office certified including MS Access/Crystal Reports. Special test equipment design and design support to environmental qualification tests, especially EMI.
● Hold an active Secret clearance and a United States passport.
● Distinguished Engineering Project Achievement Award, Global Hawk RQ4A/B Block 20 EMI/EMC Evaluation, Engineers Council, Sherman Oaks, 2009. Composite shielding weight savings award, Northrop Grumman, 2010. Accelerated advancement to Staff Sergeant. Army-Air Force Aptitude Achievement, Army Commendation with two Oak Leaf Clusters and Meritorious Unit Commendation, 199th Light Infantry Brigade, Adjutant General Corps. Cambridge Who’s Who VIP of 2011. Member of several electrical electronics and electromagnetism groups in LinkedIn.
● EMI Engineer, on contract, Larsen & Toubro Infotech, Jan 12 to Sept 12. United Technologies Hamilton Sundstrand EMI Qualification by similarity. Requirements definition, data mining, reduction, diagnosis, analysis, aircraft power generator and control systems.
· Master EMI/EMC Engineer Scientist Specialist, Engineer 5, Feb 05 – Jun 11, retired Northrop Grumman, San Diego CA.
Answer airworthiness criteria and requirement objectives with unmanned air systems for EMI/EMC/E3/TEMPEST in the system engineering integration and test group of the safety Specialty-engineering department.
Modeled operational and test scenarios, designed EMI-EMC plans, tests, test procedures, reports, requirements, performed system and subsystem EMI tests, reduced data, evaluated EMI test data, compared results to standards and requirements, proposed and performed remedies, transformed internal subsystem test results to external environment equivalents and vice versa, calculated shield effectiveness’, determined signal isolation factors and identified critical susceptibilities for Fire Scout, Global Hawk, Euro Hawk and BAMS. Edited and improved process specifications and performed other kinds of analysis and conversions.
Proposed remedies to improve product performance, safety, reliability and cost effectiveness.
Prepared DD1494s, spectrum management forms, on Euro Hawk for German Ministry of Defense and FCC.
Team member of the BAMS and Fire Scout Navy EMC Working Groups.
● Product Technology Engineer, Sept 03 –Mar 05, ICC, Cerritos CA
Support product technical design, test and evaluation to National Telecommunications Industry Association (NTIA) home engineering and clientele, interpret and apply telecommunications design and qualification standards, ie. Cat 5, Cat 5e, Cat 6 etc. for their parameters – crosstalk, insertion loss, return loss, etc. Test, reduce data, analyze, evaluate and report on electrical, electronic and electromagnetic performance of telecommunications hardware.
● Master EMI Engineer Scientist, Jun 01 – Jan 03, General Motors Defense, Goleta CA and General Dynamics Land Systems, Sterling Heights MI on contract.
Design, predict, test and analyze installations and Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3) with Sryker land vehicle systems.
Review requirements; write test plans & procedures, assist vendors and designers in requirement fulfillment.
Perform propagation and co-site analyses, antenna port susceptibility tests, circuit design, circuit analysis, define packaging requirements and support electromechanical designers in installation.
● EMI Engineer Scientist, Dec 99 – Nov 00, Hamilton Sundstrand and Lockheed Martin Naval Electronics & Surveillance Systems, on contract, Rockford IL and Syracuse NY respectively.
As Project Engineer for Fairchild Dornier 728JET Emergency Power Systems EMI/Lightning Qualification, prepared test plans, procedures, EMI/Lightning and High Intensity Radiated Fields (HIRF) design guidelines.
Compiled interface control data and generated reports to support contract requirements, prediction, installation and other analysis for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3).
At Lockheed, author of EMI Qualification Test Procedures for the ANSQQ-89 Naval System.
Analyzed circuits and systems for EMI and ESD. Developed interface control and requirements definition of naval air and shipboard systems, power management and control.
● EMI Engineer Scientist, Nov 98 – Dec 99, Rockwell Collins Air Transport Division and Business Regional Systems, Cedar Rapids IA, two assignments on contract.
Authored the EMI Qualification Test Procedure for the TPR-901 transponder.
Integrated requirements for new DO-160D, DO-160C, Airbus and Boeing standards.
Reduced data from qualification tests on the TPR-900 for the baseline qualification of the TPR-901.
Second assignment was to conduct FAA EMI airworthiness environmental qualification test of TPR-901, Cessna CJ1 and Raytheon Premier I Collins avionics suites in their mode-stir room, reduce test data and prepare test reports.
Rapid Application Development (RAD) of mode-stir data reduction and graphical results for FAA certification.
● Database Programmer/Analyst and Computer Technical Support, Jan 96 – Oct 98, PC Systems Services, Orion Computers, Rancho Cucamonga CA, Business Solutions, Pasadena CA and AHS, Inc., Riverside CA
RAD of automotive data acquisition system, plastics manufacturing applications, SQL for Los Angeles County Museum of Art, medical intake, membership directories and law enforcement equipment quick-check out/check-in system.
Network and computer system design and installation, Year 2000 (Y2K) remedials, database system design, systems analysis and database conversions. Web site design and deployment.
● Student, Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD), Jul 97 - Jan 98, University of California Extension, Riverside, CA
Visual Basic, SQL, Office 97 Access/Word/Excel/PowerPoint/Outlook Rapid Application Development in the Win32/Win9x network/internet environment: HTML, JAVA, & CGI.
● Engineer Scientist Specialist, Mar 96 - Jun 97, Sierra Nevada Corporation Reno NV
Contract Data Requirement (CDRL) System qualification test plan of unmanned air vehicle automatic landing system according to Data Item Description (DID) from Navy Joint Program Office.
Author Qualification Project Plan, Test procedures, Test Instructions, test data sheets and reports to MIL standards and provide technical support.
Special test equipment specifications definition and support.
● Engineer Scientist Specialist, May 95 - Jan 96, Allied Signal Aerospace Equipment Systems, Tucson AZ
Test interface design and test bed setup, debug, data acquisition and data processing of AC-130U engine Nacelle Interface.
Wrote qualification test plans, procedures, and reports, compiled data and provided test support.
Performed RFI/EMI analysis and designed special test equipment to simulate the engine Nacelle Interface and Control in the EMI environment and capture qualification data.
EMI support engineering and analysis to Boeing, Lockheed and McDonnell Douglas specifications.
● Electronics Test Technician, Corona Magnetics, Inc. Jan 96 on contract.
Production Qualification Test of transformers, coils and chokes
● Engineer Scientist Specialist, Dec 94 - Apr 95, Gamma Metrics San Diego CA on contract
Electromagnetics qualification test planning, production test and evaluation planning.
Wrote qualification test procedures and reports.
Support to conduct of Qualification Tests on nuclear reactor power measurement instrumentation.
RFI/EMI analysis and post-qualification test design support.
Review design data and requirements, specifications comparisons and data reduction.
Compute antenna effects, RF illumination effects and publish results of analysis.
● Engineer Scientist Specialist, Jan 93 - Oct 94, Allied Bendix Aerospace Systems on contract.
Modeled NASA Space Station chokes, inductors, motors and controllers to qualify them for Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) by analysis.
Predict motor, valve actuator performance, radiated and conducted emissions and susceptibility by computer simulation, illustrated comparison with MIL, NASA and customer specifications.
● EMI-EMC Engineer Scientist Specialist, Jan 89 - Nov 92, Douglas Aircraft, Long Beach CA
Electromechanical (EM) and EMC/Lightning design review of C-17 avionics and flight control subsystems installations for Electromagnetic Environmental Effects (E3). Reviewed, evaluated, rated and coordinated contract vendor compliance.
Electrical Systems design drawings top-down breakdown database design and development.
Supervise flight test integration facility interconnections wire, cable and connectors database development.
● Engineer Scientist Specialist, Jan 87 - Nov. 88, Lockheed Air Service, Ontario CA
Led the AC-130U gunship aircraft EMC bid and proposal team. Wrote the AC-130U EMC Project Plan. Reviewed and approved EM design drawings, provided RFI/EMI analysis and design support for subsystem installation requirement compliance. Produced and reported AC-130 gunship system antenna cosite analysis for susceptibilities in the internal and external Electromagnetic Environment Effects (E3).
● Prime Item Development Manager, Flight Systems Inc., Irvine CA on contract then direct hire, Mar 85 - May 86
Supervise COMFY SWORD Command, Control and Communications System TEMPEST, EMI, electromechanical design, integration, production manufacture and test.
Periods not covered above were spent in programming, sales & service of IBM Clone PCs at Domino Computers, Claremont CA, System Dynamic Group, City of Industry CA, Computer Village, San Dimas CA and PC Systems Services, Pomona CA.
● Authored two theses; one in relativistic physics of electromagnetism and another in spherical geometry on the subject of electromagnetic propagation. Einstein-Lorentz is a different way of thinking about electric fields from Gauss, Thomson, Maxwell and Heaviside. The Einstein-Lorentz definition of time includes energy, mass, velocity and linear dimension, while others do not. This avoids superfluous complexity and calculation intensity and results in precise, simplified, dimensionally correct answers - more akin to antenna calibration techniques and Ohms law units of measurement with real numbers and geometry. No calculus needed.
Relativity is commonly not included in conventional ABET electrical and electronics engineering curriculum at this time.
The thesis in geometry corrects common misrepresentation of spherical, isotropic radiation - also not yet commonly known.
The combination of the above two yields unprecedented analysis accuracy.
● Bachelor of Science, Electronics Engineering Technology, Almeda University, Boise ID.
● California State Polytechnic University, Pomona CA, Bachelor of Science, Mechanical Engineering (B.S.M.E.), Electrical and Electronics Engineering (B.S.E.E.E.) and Engineering Technology Electronics (B.S.E.T.E.), two-hundred Twenty units.
● Twelve units in Master of Production Operations program at West Coast University, Los Angeles CA
● Certificates, Microsoft Applications and Solutions Development (MCSD) and Intensive Microsoft Applications Training, University of California Extension, Riverside, CA
● Associate of Science, Chaffey College, Alta Loma CA
● Certificate, Electronics Test Technician, Western States College of Engineering, Inglewood CA
● RPG/400/AS400 System Operation, Four units, Mt. San Antonio Community College, Pomona CA
More information and references available upon request.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.