Aerospace engineer experienced in diverse disciplines, including industry and government relations, procurement, team management, business development, aircraft and spacecraft safety operations and technical engineering assessments.
CORE QUALIFICATIONS: TECHNICAL
· Develop, manage and implement spacecraft and aircraft safety operations
· Expedite experimental permits, launch licenses, burn-time waivers for spacecraft and aircraft
· Payload operations
· Commercial space expertise
· Private, instrument-rated pilot
CORE QUALIFICATIONS: BUSINESS
· Strategic Planning
· Manage industry and government relations, national and international
· Develop, allocate, manage and monitor budgets
· Project management
· Aerospace market research and analysis
CENTER FOR THE ADVANCEMENT OF SCIENCE AND SPACE 6/12 – 10/12
Strategic Relations Liaison, Operations
· Coordinated and managed the operational and logistical aspects of payload projects including; scheduling, budgeting, implementation and payload integration for preflight payloads.
· Serve as a Liaison between scientists, principal investigators, commercial entities, implementation partners, and NASA point of contacts.
· Helped defined CASIS marketplace opportunities and strategies, to develop the research pipeline of projects needed to fulfill the CASIS mission of maximizing the utilization of the ISS National Lab.
ZERO GRAVITY CORPORATION 4/07-11/11
Certified parabolic flight coach
· Provided crew training and safety oversight on zero gravity parabolic flights.
· Coordinated with commercial entities and scientist the operational and technical aspects of performing experiments during flight.
X PRIZE Foundation 2/09 - 12/11
Team Liaison, Space Prizes, Google Lunar X PRIZE
The Google Lunar X PRIZE is the largest international incentive prize for lunar exploration; a challenge in which 26 privately-funded teams worldwide compete to build, land and operate a rover on the surface of the Moon
· Served as the primary point of contact for each competing team and all preferred partners, which included AGI, USN Network, SETI institute and SpaceX.
· Managed all operations and activities related to the success of the competition, including drafting and managing of competitions budgets, identification and recruitment of teams, drafting of competition rules and master team agreements (MTA).
· Led technical assessment process for applicant and targeted teams of the Google Lunar X PRIZE, to ensure that the technical, regulatory and financial components of such proposed commercial lunar missions satisfied the competitions requirements.
· Supported the development of the Google Lunar XPRIZE Marketing Plan and the new Social Media Strategy campaigns to increase awareness across multiple platforms and create a greater impact in the commercial sector.
· Created and maintained the X PRIZE database, tracking teams’ information, status and collateral; and enforced deadlines relating to team submissions and required deliverables. Reported on team progress to internal and external stakeholders.
· Oversaw and administered all international outreach requirements.
Manager and Technical Lead, X PRIZE Cup Rocket Operations 1/05 - 11/09
Designed and executed rocket operations activities including:
· Managed operational safety of all rocket team launch activities, including determination of hazard areas, construction and operation of the propellant depot, emergency response procedures, and oversaw trajectory and safety analysis of sounding rocket launches
· Hired technical operations personnel, including safety observers, launch pad managers, launch trajectory engineers, fuel depot managers, and ground operations personnel.
· Performed reviews of rocket development teams for technical credibility and operational safety, including those launching in the Northrop Grumman Lunar Lander Challenge.
· Drafted contracts and agreements between launch site operator and rocket teams.
· Coordinated experimental permit, burn-time waiver, and certificates of authorization applications with the FAA’s Office of Commercial Space Transportation.
· Served as X PRIZE liaison with key stakeholders including NASA, US Air Force, The FAA Office of Commercial Space Transportation and other government agencies.
· Helped develop and execute communication/spectrum management plan, including the design, rationale, and implementation of a cohesive communications plan for rocket operations staff and teams.
· Created and managed the operations budget.
SPACE GENERATION ADVISORY COUNCIL (SGAC) 11/08 - Present
· Delegate Coordinator Space Generation Fusion Forum.
· Fundraising coordinator and delegate coordinator for the Space Generation Congress.
· South American Regional Coordinator and Colombia’s National Point of Contact for the Space Generation Advisory Council in support of the United Nations Program on Space Applications.
Aviation Specialties Unlimited Inc. / Team Oracle 10/04 - 12/05
Team Manager, Stars of Tomorrow 2005 – Assisted with the management and training of an aerobatic team of young pilots under the supervision of Sean D. Tucker. Assisted with sponsorship development and hospitality events for Team Oracle. Conducted ground operations, assisted in aircraft construction and, oversaw flight safety operations of the team’s aircraft. Executed flight training in aerobatic, multiengine and single engine planes.
NASA Ames Research Center / Cal Poly, ESTOL Project 7/04 - 9/04
Lead engineer responsible for implementing simulation of the Quiet Short-Haul Research Aircraft.
NASA Ames Research Center / Cal Poly, ESTOL Project 7/03 - 9/03
Developed engine sizing, nozzle geometry, and cockpit layout designs for a regional jet transport.
ACTIVITIES AND ASSOCIATIONS
Master of Science in Astronautics 12/08
· University of Southern California – Los Angeles
Bachelor of Science inAerospace Engineering 12/04
· California Polytechnic State University – San Luis Obispo
Aviation: Private Pilot,Instrument rated with more than 300 hours, including more than 20 hours of aerobatics. Currently working towards completing the commercial rating.
· Commercial & Multiengine training 07/11 - Present
· Instrument rating: Dick Rutan & American Flyers Flight School 7/09
· Private Pilot Certificate: San Luis Obispo Aviation 7/05
Software: Microsoft office, Rocksimpro, Photoshop, social media applications
Languages: Fluent in English and Spanish
Scuba Diver: PADI certified scuba diver
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.