Experience in satellite communications engineering, participating in and managing R&D projects, and member of major satellite system project teams. Expertise in the overall aspects of satellite communication systems, communication satellite payloads, propagation effects, physical layer transmission techniques, modem and codec design, ground based beam forming (GBBF) and on-board processing.
ICO Global Communications, later DBSD, El Segundo, California 1996 – 2012
Director, System Engineering: Member of the ICO/DBSD engineering team procuring and operating the G1 satellite. Performing system performance analysis and problem resolution oriented tasks. Acted as the main ICO liaison for the GBBF development and supported the ICO MIM system development. Analyzed various beam configurations, including a number of different synthetic CONUS beam designs, in terms of their power efficiency and channel power distribution. Prepared link budgets related to various aspects of system operation, including user signals, calibration signals and noise retransmission.
Senior Engineer, Digital Systems: Member of the resident project team for the ICO MEO system at Hughes Space & Communications - later Boeing Satellite Systems.
· Monitored the development and manufacture of the ICO satellites at various levels of development, from satellite to single unit and part level, participating in design, schedule, test data and failure reviews, interfacing with the satellite manufacturer on a daily basis.
· Provided support to the network systems team in London on air interface design, channel coding and modulation, link budgets and analysis of higher performance 2nd generation systems.
· Contributed to the evaluation of the effects of external interference on system performance, and devised strategies and techniques for mitigation of those effects.
ICO Global Communications, London, England 1995 – 1996
· Contributed to the development of a novel high penetration subscriber alerting system.
· Participated in the finalization of satellite contract negotiations and early satellite design reviews.
Inmarsat, London, England 1993 – 1995
Senior Ground Segment Engineer in Project 21, the precursor to ICO
· Contributed to system design and air interface development, including aspects of propagation modeling, link budgets, user position determination, frequency assignment, signaling, multiple access, modulation and channel coding, and participated in negotiations with user terminal manufacturers.
ESA/ESTEC, Noordwijk, The Netherlands 1979 – 1993
Communication Systems Engineer in the RF Systems Division
· Provided technical support to various satellite communication projects, with analysis, simulation, contract monitoring, and participation in design reviews.
· Participated as a member of ESA working groups in the definition of TT&C RF modulation and telemetry channel coding standards.
· Set up and supervised laboratory test campaigns related to the development and evaluation of mobile satellite transmission techniques, including the procurement of a customized fading simulator.
· Devised and analyzed a novel rapid CDMA receiver synchronization strategy and algorithm, using digital matched filters, applied to the Prodat mobile satellite data transmission system, as well as VSAT networks and the ESA Data Relay System (DRS).
· Devised and developed novel mobile communication satellite payload architectures based on onboard digital beam forming, using advanced signal processing techniques and technology, including digital ASIC and surface acoustic wave (SAW) devices.
· Performed technical monitoring of R&D contracts on onboard SAW hardware, ASICs, narrowband and spread spectrum modems, codecs, link simulation software, data relay satellite terminals, etc.
· Ran a laboratory test facility dedicated to modeling of the ECS transmission link performance, including 120 Mbit/s QPSK data and analog TV signals conforming to the European PAL and SECAM standards.
· M.S.E.E., The Royal Institute of Technology, Stockholm, Sweden, 1979
· Certificate in Astronautical Engineering, UCLA, 1999
· Senior Member of the IEEE
· Senior Member of the AIAA
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2020 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.