2011 – present Battery and fuel cell specialist
ESG Elektroniksystem- und Logistik-GmbH, Fürstenfeldbruck, Germany
Description and responsibilities
· Hired as Project Manager of new power train concepts for e-mobility
· Active in EI-33, High Voltage safeguarding
2009 – 2011 Instrument Responsible - PostDoc
Forschungszentrum Jülich, Außenstelle Forschungsreaktor FRM-II, Garching, Germany
Description and responsibilities
· Research on novel Li-ion battery electrode materials
· Thecontinuous operation of neutron scattering instruments
· Project responsibility for the design of High Voltage (2kV) electronic equipment
· Accountability for the costs of technical projects
· Presentation of scientific results in scientific journals and international conferences
· Initiate and maintain scientific collaborations
1995 – 2005 Extracurricular work during University years; IT consultant and Geophysical Field Engineer Trainee
2005 – 2009 PhD Student, Applied Sciences
DelftUniversity of Technology, The Netherlands
Research group: Fundamental Aspects of Materials and Energy
Thesis: “Lithium insertion in nanostructured titanates”
Description: Research Investigation into the physical behavior of nanoscale electrode crystallites for their application in advanced Li-ion battery, fuel cell and solar cell technology
· 4-year PhD project, delivered in regular time target
· Conducted experiments and analyzed results
· Published results in international peer-reviewed scientific journals
· Delivered presentations, nationally and internationally
· Guided MSc and BSc students
2000 – 2003 MSc in Applied Physics
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Research group: Acoustical Imaging and Sound Control
Thesis: “Joint Tomographic Inversion of P- and S-wave Focusing Operators”
1995 – 2000 BSc in Applied Physics
Delft University of Technology, The Netherlands
Research group: Nanoscale Physics and Electronic Materials
Thesis: “Installation, Calibration and Application of a Yagi-dipole and Dish Radio Antenna”
· German (fluent)
· English (fluent)
· Dutch (native)
· French (good)
· Russian (intermediate)
· Electrochemical measurements
· Batterymanufacturing, glove box experiments (He, Ar, N2)
· X-ray / neutron diffraction
· Microscopy, Optical and Electron (SEM, TEM, EDS)
· EXAFS (synchrotron) and NMR measurements
· Windows, Linux
· Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook
· Matlab/Simulink, Python, Ab-Initio
· LateX, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop
· Origin, Material Studio, CAD
· Accurate communication and documentation
· Cross-cultural communication
· Self-initiative, analytical thinking
· Working under high pressure
· Goal-oriented, keeping deadlines and milestones
· Multidisciplinary teamwork
2012 Finished course "Elektrofachkraft", level 3 and obtained certificate
2006 – 2011 International working experience
· Heinz Maier-Leibnitz Forschungsneutronenquelle (FRM-II), Garching, Germany
· Institut Laue-Langevin (ILL), Grenoble, France
· Paul Scherrer Institute (SINQ), Villigen, Switzerland
· European Synchrotron Radiation Facility (ESRF), Grenoble, France
· Deutsches Elektronen-Synchrotron (DESY), HASYLab, Hamburg, Germany
2007 – 2008 Teacher of lab course “Radiation Hygiene” at levels 4, 5a, and 5b
2006 – 2007 Teacher of lab course “Single-Photon Interference”
2006 – 2007 Teacher of lab course “Michelson-Morley Interferometry”
2005 – 2007 Measurements at Rutherford-Appleton Laboratory (ISIS), Oxfordshire, England
2005 Finished course “Radiation Hygiene level 5b” and obtained certificate
2002 Finished course “Emergency Response Training” and obtained certificate
2002 Finished course “Basic Offshore Safety Introduction” and obtained certificate
· M. Wagemaker;P. Deepak Singh;W.J.H. Borghols;et al.; "Dynamic Solubility Limitsin Nanosized Olivine LiFePO(4)"; J. Am. Chem. Soc. (133) 26;10222-10228 (2011)
· W.J.H. Borghols, D. Lutzenkirchen-Hecht, U. Haake, et al; "Lithium Storage in Amorphous TiO2 Nanoparticles"; J. Electrochem. Soc. 157 (5):A582-A588 (2010)
· W.J.H. Borghols, M. Wagemaker, U. Lafont, et al.; "Size Effects in the Li4+xTi5O12 Spinel"; J. Am. Chem. Soc. 131 (49):17786-17792 (2009)
· W.J.H. Borghols, D. Lützenkirchen-Hecht, U. Haake, et al.; "The electronic structure and ionic diffusion of nanoscale LiTiO2 anatase"; Phys. Chem. Chem. Phys. 11 (27):5742-5748 (2009)
· U. Lafont, C. Locati, W.J.H. Borghols, et al.; "Nanosized high voltage cathode material LiMg0.05Ni0.45Mn1.5O4: Structural, electrochemical and in situ investigation"; J. Power Sources 189 (1):179-184 (2009)
· W.K. Chan, W.J.H. Borghols, F.M. Mulder; "Direct observation of space charge induced hydrogen ion insertion in nanoscale anatase TiO2"; Chem. Comm. (47):6342-6344 (2008)
· W.J.H. Borghols, M. Wagemaker, U. Lafont, et al.; "Impact of nanosizing on lithiated rutile TiO2"; Chem. Mat. 20 (9):2949-2955 (2008)
· M. Wagemaker, W.J.H. Borgholsand F.M. Mulder; "Large impact of size on insertion reactions: a case for TiO2 anatase"; J. Am. Chem. Soc.; 129 (14):4323-4327 (2007)
· M. Wagemaker, W.J.H. Borghols, E. van Eck, et al.; The influence of size on phase morphology and Li-ion mobility in nanosized lithiated anatase TiO2; Chem., Eur. J.; 132023-2028 (2007)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £350 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2017 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.