I am a graduate student pursuing a PhD in physics at West Virginia University, USA. The focus of my graduate studies is space plasma physics where my particular thesis topic is simulations of relativistic electrons in the outer radiation belt. Other areas are/have been ion spectrometer design, auroral arc observations, atmospheric probing at Saturn and Titan, and laboratorial experiments with a Q-machine.
High School - Natural Sciences Program, Sweden, 1996-1999
Civil Defense Service, Rescue & Fire School, Sweden, 1999
MSc in Space Engineering, Luleå University of Technology, Sweden, 2000 – 2005
3 years in Luleå / 1 year at IRF, Kiruna / 1/2 year at NSSTC/NASA, Huntsville, AL
Selected courses: Imperative Programming, Circuit Theory, Applied Mathematics, Nonlinear Physics, Business Administration, Materials Science, Solid State Physics, Logic Design, Satellite Engineering, Space Instruments, Numerical Methods
GPA: 3.7/5.0 (183 credit points)
MSc Thesis: Treatment and Analysis of Spectroscopic Infrared Data from Observations of Saturn’s and Titan’s Atmospheres by Cassini
MSc in Physics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2005 – 2008
PhD in Physics, West Virginia University, Morgantown, WV, 2008 – May, 2013 (exp.)
Courses: Mathematical Physics, Mathematics Modeling, Statistical Mechanics, 4xPlasma Physics (Intro, Kinetic Theory, MHD and Computational), Classical Mechanics, 2xQuantum Mechanics, 2xElectromagnetism, Radio Astronomy
GPA: 3.5/4.0 (39 credit hours)
PhD thesis summary:
This space physics project is purely computational where the goal is to map and understand spatial transport and shift in energy of trapped electrons in Earth’s outer radiation belt. The energy range of these electrons under study is more or less relativistic (100 keV - 10 MeV) and with dynamic time scales of minutes typically interact resonantly with ULF (ultra-low frequency) Alfven waves in the magnetosphere. The main focus is to establish a realistic comparison of diffusive and non-diffusive transport/energization of the electrons and understand for which conditions this occurs. Results are produced through test particle simulations in ideal situations as well as realistic MHD fields. These are complemented by analytical calculations.
PRESENTATIONS (P=poster, O=oral):
- Simulations of an electromagnet for a new ion spectrometer design, AGU 2006, P
- Energetic Electron Transport due to Ultra-Low Frequency Waves in the Radiation Belt, IPELS 2009 P, Modern Challenges in Nonlinear Plasma Physics 2009 P, AGU 2009 P, GEM 2010 P and AGU 2010 O Operating a Q-machine
- Parametric Study of ULF Wave Broadband Spectra and Particle Diffusion in the Radiation Belts, AGU 2011 P, AGU 2012 P
- IDL, FORTRAN 77, MATLAB, COMSOL Multiphysics, Maple, TurboCAD, Simion, UNIX
- Numerical Solutions of ODEs and PDEs; (i.e. Runge-Kutta, finite difference)
- Spectral Analysis
- Image Analysis
- Operating a Q-machine
- Taught physics 101 lab classes for 3 semesters with excellent feedback.
- Phone switchboard assembly & testing, Flextronics, Sweden, Summers 2003-2004
- Advertisement delivery, SDR, Sweden, every weekend 1993-1999
- Volunteering worker at Student House, Luleå, Sweden,2003
- BEST course (2 weeks):
Hot Topics in Aeronautics and Aerospace, Brussels,Belgium, 2003
Moving Dresden - Mobility in the 21st century, Dresden, Germany, 2004
- Swedish (native), English (fluent), German (intermediate), Russian (basic)
- Antique/rare books, Running (marathons), Skydiving
- Prof. Dimitris Vassiliadis, Advisor, Physics Dep. WVU, Morgantown, WV
- Prof. Mark Koepke, Advisor, Physics Dep. WVU, Morgantown, WV
- Prof. David Knudsen, Collaborator, Dep. of Physics, University of Calgary, Canada
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)562211007 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)562211007.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)562211007 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.