I am an Aerospace Engineer with several years design, research and teaching experience. I developed an advanced knowledge of CAD 3D and FEM programs, acquired through university courses and work. I have experience also in R&D, Analytical studies, Problem-solving and Space System Engineering.
2011 – Present – PhD in Aerospace Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy
Thesis: “Generation of an artificial magnetosphere inflated with plasma for solar wind shielding” (expected thesis submission 4th Quarter 2013) Supervisor: Professor Salvo Marcuccio
2008 – 2010 - MSc in Aerospace Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy
Thesis: “Preliminary Study of a Solar Wind Shield Using an Artificial Magnetosphere Inflated with Plasma” Marks 110/110
2002 – 2008 - BEng in Aerospace Engineering, University of Pisa, Italy
Thesis: “Design with CAD 3D of a biaxial machine for fatigue test” Marks 103/110
September 2012 – Present Design Engineer Modular Wiring System (TRATOS group) Technical Design Engineer (Activities in collaboration with University of Pisa for the PhD studies)
• Design of a superconductor magnet for space application
• Study on superconductor tape with high critic temperature.
November 2010 – Present Design and Research Engineer Alta SpA Design Engineer
• Design of high vacuum chamber used as space simulator.
• Structural analysis of vacuum chamber and electric thrusters.
• Software application used: CAD 3D (ProEngineer) and FEM (Nastran, FEMAP and Patran).
• Design of space system, including mass and power budgets.
• Research Engineer (Activities in collaboration with University of Pisa for the PhD studies)
• Kinetic study of solar wind particles moving in a modified magnetic field.
• Research and development of new solar wind shield concepts for astronauts and electronic components protection.
Qualified for professional engineering since 2010 (Italian Chartership of Industrial Engineers)
Other relevant technical skills
Windows XP / Seven Microsoft Office: Excel, Word and Power Point (Advanced) CAD 3D Design: ProEngineer (Advanced), Catia V.5, SolidEdge, Solid Works (Base) FEM Analysis: Nastran, Patran, FEMAP (Advanced), Ansys (Base)
Programming Languages: Matlab and Fortran Graphics and Video Editing: Adobe Photoshop, Adobe Premier and Windows Movie Maker
Technical papers published during my PhD:
• Marcuccio S. e Capuano E., “Preliminary assessment of a solar wind shield based on a plasmainflated artificial magnetosphere”, 62nd International Astronautical Congress, PP 1- 9, Cape Town, SA, VOL. IAC-11, B3, 7, 4, X11344, 2011
• Capuano E., “Preliminary study of a solar wind shield using an artificial magnetosphere inflated with plasma”, PEGASUS-AIAA Student Conference, PP 1-9, Turin, 2011
September 2011 – July 2012 Teaching Assistant - University of Pisa
Teaching assistant of “Technical drawing and Technology of Aeronautical Constructions” Involved in the 2D design of mechanical components.
2004 – 2007: Elected student representative in Academic Senate
• As student representative I was involved with decision about didactic organization and projects to improve the quality of the University.
• I was nominated as a member of Budget Committee where I was involved with decisions about the management of University budget, student fee and rules for students activities.
• I was nominated as a member of Evaluation Team.
Organization of events and conferences
2002 – Conference and exhibit with Ducati
2003 – Conference with Umberto Guidoni about ISS and ESA
2005 – Conference with Aermacchi about the project of M346.
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.