Aerospace engineer experienced in integrating flight guidance, high fidelity simulation and flight operations of manned spaceflight vehicles. Project engineer with extensive experience managing aerospace analysis and software upgrade projects, PMI certified Project Management Professional (PMP). Proficient in software development, implementation and validation of high fidelity simulations. Successfully achieved positions of higher responsibility including Technical Lead Engineer, Flight Controller for Space Shuttle missions and Principal Function Manager for Deorbit guidance. Self-starter who enjoys challenges and overcoming obstacles and can work with a variety of customers.
Deorbit Guidance Principal Function Manager
Analysis/design Space Shuttle trajectory profile
Monte Carlo analysis
Verification of high fidelity simulation software
Computer Languages: FORTRAN, C and python
Applications: Microsoft Office and Project, Primavera P6, FrameMaker
United Space Alliance: Houston, TX 1991 - Aug 2011
Space Shuttle Descent Design Engineer (Engineer 5 / Project Manager)
· Principal Function Manager: Expert on Space Shuttle's Deorbit Integrated Guidance Navigation and Control (IGN&C) flight software. Responsible for flight software changes, implementation in simulators, supporting integrated testing, and documentation. Highly experienced with Space Shuttle Entry guidance.
o Implemented Apollo Entry guidance into high fidelity simulator for return to moon proof of concept
· Flight Controller for 23 Space Shuttle Missions.
o Developed training materials to enhance controller's understanding of Deorbit/Entry flight phases.
· Point of Contract for Department's high fidelity simulator: Experienced with guidance, Monte Carlo dispersion, atmosphere, mass property tracking and gravity models.
o Created management plan to control data for the high fidelity simulator.
· Resolve technical issues for Deorbit and Entry flight phases. Subject Matter Expert for Entry Monte Carlo analysis, atmosphere generation, high fidelity simulator.
o Developed training procedures and materials for: Deorbit design, Monte Carlo analysis and high fidelity simulator
· Project Manager: Managed teams to define requirements, develop scope and schedule, monitor and control the implementation of numerous projects. Wrote all required documents.
o Upgrade the high fidelity simulator to use improved models and software language.
o Incorporate a Monte Carlo dispersion process into the high fidelity simulator
o 25 upgrades to the high fidelity simulator including new Flight Software Operational Increments
o Upgraded the statistical analysis tool
o Incorporate new Atmosphere model into high fidelity simulator.
Rockwell Int: 1986 - 1991
Space Shuttle Descent Design Engineer 4/ Lead Engineer: Deorbit
· Led a team of 6 engineers to optimize the Orbiter's performance, perform data analysis and produce mission products for the deorbit design phase including Department of Defense missions.
· Created procedures/flowcharts for Deorbit mission products, ensured customer obtained correct data.
· Developed training materials to instruct new hires in Deorbit flight phase.
· Reviewed Deorbit technical analysis, presentations and documents.
Bachelor of Science, Aerospace Engineering & Mechanics, University of Minnesota
Management Training Classes
Project Management Professional classes
Lean 6 Sigma classes
Satellite Tool Kit
Active: National Agency Check with Inquiries (NACI) issued from NASA, to support Space Shuttle missions
Inactive: Secret Clearance issued from DOD to support DOD Shuttle missions
Project Management Professional from Project Management Institute, 2012
Employee of the Month (4): January 1994, May 1997, January 2008, 4th Quarter 2009
Group Achievement Award (4): October 1993, January 2009, July 2009 and March 2011
Letter of Commendation (2): October 1991 and May 1995
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.