An engineer seeking to leverage a track record of innovative problem solving, thorough analytical skills, and ability to present complex topics to a variety of audiences, as well as management of people and software resources to enhance the company’s customer satisfaction and bottom line. A big-picture technical integrator and troubleshooter reaching out beyond the individual area of expertise across the technical spectrum to optimize the process or system.
KEY SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
Data-driven decision making – statistical analysis, LEA and Monte Carlo analysis
Proven teamwork and Leadership skills – Space Shuttle flight controller, Group Lead
Integrated Project Management and Earned Value Management training
Strong oral and written communication skills – NASA Panel support
· Project Management, ISO / CMMI lifecycle support
· Requirements analysis and generation
· Costing, development, testing, and validation
· MS Windows and Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint), Star/Open Office
· Programming: C, PYTHON, FORTRAN, UNIX: Shell programming, GUI development
United Space Alliance LLC, Houston, TX(1995 – 8/2011)
Abort Region Determinator (defined) – High speed real-time spacecraft performance program utilizing a combination of mass properties, target information, guidance algorithms, propulsion models, and sequencing to produce cyclical performance solutions.
Achieved on time error-free delivery of flight data products (databases, calibrations, and displays) as well as technical support to the customer (NASA) of this TIG (7 engineer technical integration group) was achieved via
Rockwell Space Operations Company (1986 -1995)
MAJOR PROFESSIONAL ACCOMPLISHMENTS
· Flight Design STS-122 ECO sensor problem response– During tanking tests for STS 122 LH2 (liquid hydrogen) sensors had unexplained multiple intermittent failures. If the LH2 supply was exhausted during flight concurrent with multiple sensor failures, there would be a total vehicle loss (7 lives, $2 Billion). The impact of having no solution was ~ $200 million/month. An operational option was developed to minimize the statistical possibility of LH2 cut-off (maximize residual LH2 mass) while minimizing the shuttle payload capacity (mass) reduction ($10K/lb.). This option was six times more effective than other proposed non-hardware options. The presentation of my option resulted in increased community knowledge concerning the integrated impact of the propellant load, shuttle main engine system, and operations on shuttle performance. In the end, hardware engineers found the cause and solution to the sensor failures.
· Rendezvous Launch Window definition– The open and close of the launch window of a space vehicle are dramatically impacted by having a space object as a target (Hubble telescope, MIR space station and International Space Station). As development of discipline software to correctly adapt to the rendezvous effects moved forward, it was discovered the launch window ground software was not prepared for the first rendezvous flight. An incorrect launch window calculation could result in a loss of mission capability (~$500 million) or dropping the external tank on a foreign land mass (safety and political impact). The concept and algorithms for combining planar (rendezvous) and propellant effects of a launch hold was developed (via Excel). The results were presented to the NASA community and implemented for all shuttle rendezvous flights
· Shuttle Abort Flight Management Powered Flight Operational Validation Test Report- Developed automated validation process utilizing UNIX utilities, scripts, and PYTHON programming to automatically identify software version changes, execute relevant test cases, and generate quality assurance data. Two week process reduced to two days.
· Employee of the Quarter - Technical Achievement (4th quarter 2009) – Ares 1X team (Mass Track validation)
· Space Flight Silver Snoopy Award (astronaut recognition award given to less than 1% of eligible recipients) (2008) – “Mr. Davidson is an asset to the nation’s human space flight program. His efforts to improve safety and mission success …….”
· Ascent/Descent Peer Recognition Award (March 2007)
· Employee of the Month – Teamwork(January 2002)
· Space Flight Awareness Honoree Award (2000) – “John’s consistent hard work going well beyond job requirements to improve quality, reduce costs, greatly improve crew safety, and increase manifest flexibility …….”
· National Rotary Stellar Award Nominee (1997) – Rendezvous launch window definition
· Sustained Superior Performance Award (1994) – “He was honored for hisresourcefulness, decisiveness, and excellent technical judgment.”
Rice University, Houston, TX
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical Engineering May 1985
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2018 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing email@example.com. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.