Power Systems Engineer II
Lead Power Subsystem Engineer
NASA Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL), Cassini Spacecraft Operations Jul 2006 – Present
Power & Pyro System (PPS) analyst
Create S/C power operational modes & write S/C commands to uplink
Develop software for analyzing telemetry and automating tasks
Manage the PPS financial budget
Took initiative to overhaul the power budget and liberate wattage for science use
Performed Systems Engineering to design power modes which operate from 2011 to 2017
PERL programming to reduce uncertainty in power forecast software by:
- Adding RWA power consumption and RTG power available inputs
- Finding and correcting numerous errors
Authored a paper and coauthored another paper (see Publications)
Thermal Vacuum Testing Intern
JPL, Environmental Testing Laboratory Jul 2005 – Jul 2006
Maintained & operated solar space simulation chambers
Experience with cryogenics, data acquisition, & machining tools
Acoustic & vibration dynamics testing
Master of Science in Astronautical Engineering, Graduation in May 2014
University of Southern California, Los Angeles 2010 – Present
Bachelor of Science in Aerospace Engineering, August 2006
California State Polytechnic University, Pomona
JPL Mariner Award (2) Mar 2012
- Supported the NASA Engineering & Safety Center (NESC) in investigating the CAssini Plasma Spectrometer (CAPS) instrument’s short circuits and the safety risk by further operating CAPS
- Provided NESC with telemetry & data analysis showing what short circuits are implied by telemetry
JPL Mariner Award (1) Aug 2009
- “For finding an extra 20 watts of power that had been misallocated in the Cassini Power report since pre-launch. This extra 20 watts will enable many extra science observations for the Cassini mission.”
- Simulated the power telemetry electronics with PSPICE to achieve higher accuracy and reveal the 20 watts available for use by science instruments
JPL Spot Award Sep 2011
- “Outstanding contributions in the diagnosis, support, and recovery of Cassini’s Bus Imbalance Anomaly & CAPS Instrument Recovery effort.”
- Extensive use of OrCAD/PSPICE simulation of the power system in determining the shorts and current leakages that fit telemetry
Cassini Spacecraft Balanced Power Bus Performance and Anomalies (In Progress)
Searches for Solar-Influenced Radioactive Decay Anomalies using Spacecraft RTGs May 2012
D. E. Krause, B.A. Rogers, E. Fischbach, J. B. Buncher, A. Ging et al
Astroparticle Physics Journal
Regaining 20 Watts for the Cassini Power System Jul 2010
Presented at AIAA International Energy Conversion Engineering
Conference (IECEC) in Nashville, TN
The Cassini Power System Performance over the Last Decade Jun 2007
G. Carr & A. Ging
Presented at AIAA IECEC in St. Louis, MO
Professional in Excel, Word, & PowerPoint
Classes taken in AutoCAD & NASTRAN
Composite Materials Experience
Astronautical Engineering, Master’s Level at USC:
Space Environment & S/C Interactions Spacecraft System Design
Statistics for Engineers
JPL Short Courses:
Verilog (FPGA/ASIC) Visual Basic for Applications
Root Cause Analysis Power Subsystem Systems Engineering
Aerospace Engineering, Bachelor’s Level at Cal Poly Pomona:
Aerodynamics & Propulsion Labs
Feedback Control Systems
Structural Analysis & Design
Aerospace Vehicle Design
Aerospace Vehicle Stability & Control
Computational Fluid Dynamics
Dynamics of Aerospace Systems
Elements of Electrical Engineering
Heat, Mass & Momentum Transfer
Materials Science & Engineering
Vector Statics & Dynamics
College Engineering Activities
Senior Vehicle Design Class Team Leader Dec 2005 – Jun 2006
Leader of team of six designing a spacecraft to meet certain RFP requirements
Presented design to industry professionals for review
Senior Project: AUVSI competition Jul 2005 – Jun 2006
Member of group building an autonomous UAV
Propulsion Team Leader Sep 2003 – Apr 2005
“Design, Build, Fly” AIAA competition
Designed & constructed R/C airplane with composite materials
Responsible for design & assembly of electronics & propulsion
Sigma Gamma Tau, National Honor Society in Aerospace Engineering
Professional Member of AIAA Mar 2004 – Present
Cal Poly AIAA Student Chapter, Treasurer Jun 2005 – Jun 2006
Cal Poly AIAA, Junior/Senior Class Representative Jun 2004 – Jun 2005
Merchandise Control Associate
The Good Guys May 2004 – Jun 2005
Processed inventory & attended to customer service concerns
Five-Star Quality Builders Sep 2002 – Mar 2004
Assisted contractor in building log homes
Ski Rental Technician & Ski/Snowboard Instructor
Mountain High Ski Resort Dec 2000 – Apr 2003
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Silver subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just €325 per month!
2022 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.