02/2012 – present Mechanical and Aerospace Engineering, California State University, Long Beach, USA
Development Engineer / Research Analyst
Develops a multi-thruster aerospike engine using LOX/propylene to be integrated into a pressure-fed two-stage-to-orbit nanosat launch vehicle.
• Identifies superior components, techniques and materials in accordance with project requirements by 1) performing multidisciplinary trade studies and numerical simulations.
• Designs and configures subcomponents such as thrusters, plug, injector, feed lines and supporting structures with NX Unigraphics.
• Develops curved thrusters, which lead to an increase in overall performance of 4% compared to a generic thruster layout by increasing the total area ratio.
04/2005 – 01/2012 Institute of Aerodynamics, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Performednumerical simulations, analyzed and interpreted flow structures in the base region of a linear scramjet engine and of generic cylindrical launch systems in the framework of national research projects with participation of the German Aerospace Center and EADS Astrium GmbH.
• Adapted an in-house flow solver written in Fortran and implemented subroutines to simulate time accurate, multi-species, compressible base flows in the transonic and supersonic flow regime using Large-Eddy Simulations.
• Post-processed data using self-written Fortran programs and Tecplot to analyze flow properties and heat fluxes in the time and frequency domain.
• Identified and quantified temporally resolved recirculating flow structures causing mechanical and thermal loads in the base region of different spacecraft.
• Developed subsequent research projects and acquired appropriate fundings.
• Supervised and mentored several graduate and Ph.D. students.
• Managed and conducted project meetings and public project events.
• Published results and presented findings at national and international conferences.
10/2003 – 04/2004 EADS Space Transportation, Ottobrunn, Germany
Intern in the predevelopment department.
• Adapted an Excel simulation program to predict pressure losses and heat transfer of coolant of a sub-scaled VULCAIN II and a VINCI engine.
• Assisted in the setup of hardware for hot-fire tests of a sub-scaled VULCAIN II engine at Lampoldshausen, Germany.
10/ 2002 – 08/2003 Institute of Aeronautics and Astronautics, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Student Assistant in a Collaborative Research Center dealing with basic research and technologies for two-stage-to-orbit vehicles.
• Implemented Fortran programs determining the change of center of gravity and moments of inertia by consuming propellants during ascent of a TSTO spacecraft.
• Optimized TSTO tank layout which led to an enhanced maneuverability.
04/2005 - 10/2009 Dr.-Ing. in Aerospace Engineering, Institute of Aerodynamics, RWTH Aachen University, Germany
Major: Computational Fluid Dynamics
10/1999 - 12/2004 Dipl.-Ing. in Mechanical Engineering, RWTH Aachen University,
Major: Aerospace Engineering, Propulsion Systems
02/2012 – present California State University, Long Beach, USA
Develops an aerospike engine in the framework of a 16-month research fellowship.
10/2007 – 03/2008 University of California, San Diego, USA
Implemented multi-species capability into a Fortran flow solver.
05/2004 – 10/2004 University of California, Davis, USA
Handled diploma thesis.
Languages German (mother tongue)
Computer skills OS: Windows, Linux (proficient)
MS Office: Word, Excel, PowerPoint (proficient)
Tecplot, CFD++, Fortran, LaTeX (proficient)
NX Unigraphics, MatLab, Mathematica (basic)
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2021 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you, but in this case, access to our website will be granted only after payment has been received. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.