Date of Birth: 13th July 1975
A good time keeper who will always put that extra effort into his responsibilities and who is able to work under pressure adhering to tight deadlines.
An individual of high standards, enthusiastic in all work undertaken.
Approaches problems from different angles, with clear objectivity.
A highly adaptable quick learner with a natural ability to understand new technologies and processes.
A team player and leader who is also capable of working on own initiative.
By experience a good problem solver (Observant & Perceptive).
Confident when talking to all levels of responsibility.
Believes in self development and improvement.
Oct 2001 -- Propulsion Test Lead Technical Engineer, Astrium Ltd (UK), Stevenage, Hertfordshire
Working along side the manager of a small department of engineers, consisting typically of 15-20 persons, overall job role is to work towards maintaining the highest quality of work throughout the build of the satellite propulsion system and the supporting ground equipment. Provide technical support to other departments throughout EADS Astrium Ltd as well as to our customers as part of a controlled discussion. To ensure consistency in work across the department and ensure development opportunities to improve on processes and storage of data.
In addition to the above general job role my continued work involves the following:
Qualification testing and propellant loading of satellite propulsion systems; this involves leading a team through a series of tests to verify correct operation of spacecraft propulsion system components. Generating documentation and a logistics plan to support upcoming work. Scheduling available resources to ensure work is performed on time and to specific quality standards. Liaising between partner companies in France, Germany and the US in areas relating to technical support, schedule, resourcing and clearly defining hazardous operations and risk mitigation. Perform test data analysis to develop the final acceptance test and launch-site test reports detailing the conclusion to the overall test campaigns.
Further responsibilities include meeting with suppliers to ensure products meet requested specifications, expected schedules and on budget. Design and build of mechanical and electronic ground support equipment (MGSE/EGSE). Supporting in the development of new starters within the department, through training and weekly meetings.
Sept 2000 - Oct 2001 Graduate Systems Development Engineer, Smiths Aerospace Wolverhampton
Design and development of high lift transmission systems, used on Airbus (A330/340, A380) and Boeing (737,767) Aircraft. This involved analytical, mathematical modelling and physical testing of the system and its components. Consideration into materials, manufacturing techniques, logistics, and direct maintenance costs.
1997-2000 Coventry University, Aerospace Systems Engineering Course
June97-Sept97R.F Test Engineer at Cable and Wireless, Solihull, Birmingham.
Overhaul and repair of 12-32Ghz telecommunications equipment (SIAE, Telectra, and DMC).
1991-1997 Domestic Service Engineer/Vehicle Maintenance Engineer
P.H.Watson & Sons, Halkirk, Caithness, Scotland
Servicing and maintaining a wide range of white goods and entertainment equipment i.e. (TV's, Videos, Home Appliances, PC repairs etc.).
EDUCATION AND TRAINING: AWARD
Introductory to Astronomy (2001) PASS
BSc in Natural Science (start 2012)
Astronomy (2012) 75% (Exam), 72% (Continuous Assessment)
Planetary Science and the Search for Life (2013) Ongoing
CoventryUniversity, School of Engineering, England: (1997-2000)
BEng Aerospace Systems Engineering (3 years) BEng 2:1 (Hons)
ThursoTechnical College, Caithness, Scotland: (1993-1996)
HND (SCOTVEC) Electrical & Electronic Engineering PASS with 7 Merits
Merits in: Combinational logic and signal conversion using integrated circuits. Computing in electrical/electronic engineering. Analogue circuit technology. Advanced electrical network theory. Engineering Project (PLC).
NC (SCOTVEC) Electronic Engineering PASS
NC (SCOTVEC) Mechanical Engineering PASS
Thurso high school, Caithness, Scotland: (1992-1993)
Higher Technical Drawing B
Higher Technological studies D
Ordinary Chemistry 65-76%
Higher Art & Design 50-59%
Higher Craft and Design C
EXPERIENCES, Achievements AND TRAINING:
Computer Software Experience:
· Word2007, Excel2003, Paradox, Powerpoint2003, Internet Explorer v6, MS Outlook2003.Acrobat, Redshift 5.1. Celestia 1.6.1. Vis-View.
Design Software + Computer Language Experience:
· Labview 6.1, 7.0, 2009 and 2010. MatrixX, ANSYS/Edv5.2 (Finite Element Analysis), Solidworksviewer, ISIS III , Topspice, Express Schematic/PCB (Electronic Circuit Design), ACAD 2009, MatLab v4.2/v5, Simulink, CODAS, TUTSim, C/C++, Pascal, Turbo-Pascal.
· Constructed an electronic unit tester (EUT) which interfaces with a spacecraft during testing and Loading operations, also developing software to run on EUT.
· Working with pure oxygen systems and chemical propellants (MMH, Hydrazine Anhydrous, NTO/MON3)
· Experience with Self Contained Atmospheric Protective Ensemble(SCAPE) during hazardous operations.
· Completed up to 17 satellite propellant loading operations and many other satellite test campaigns.
· Worked with multi-national project teams (French, German, Italian, Russian and American)
· Fire Marshall, Astrium Ltd.
· Product Liability and Secure Shipment Training, Astrium Ltd.
· 5-10 years experience with Forklifts, Cherry pickers, overhead cranes and slinging.
· Familiar with RF transceiver principles and components.
· Designed and built PCB’s using PC software such as TopSpice and Express Schematic.
· Final year dissertation was the "Thermodynamic Design and Analysis of the Ariane5 Heavy Launch Vehicle".
· Performed two Flight Laboratory Courses (Flight Controls/Navigation Systems) at Cranfield University.
· Currently 28 hours into private pilots training.
· Currently studying Astronomy and Planetary Science course towards a BSc in Natural Science with the OU.
HOBBIES AND PERSONAL INTERESTS:
I enjoy hiking, climbing, swimming, cycling, diving, learning to flying , playing the piano and going to the gym.
Keeping up to date on science, technology, political, financial and military topics.
Target and clay pigeon shooting. Designing and building electronic circuits. Photography (nature and astronomical). Reading Sci-fi books, science based novels and English law and criminology.
REFERENCES: Available upon request
Registering is the only way of posting vacancies and obtaining contact details of candidates in our CV database.
All it takes is a few minutes and a credit card (Visa or American Express). To sign-up to this service, simply click on the Register link and fill in the form. You will then have instant access to our system after on-line payment where you will be able to complete the transaction in either US Dollars, UK Pounds or Euros.
All online credit/debit card transitions are handled through our secure third party payment processors at WorldPay. Worldpay are part of The Royal Bank of Scotland Group, the 5th biggest banking group in the world, WorldPay payment solutions are trusted by thousands of businesses, big and small worldwide.
Pricing starts at €450 (approx £400 or US$500 - use the convert tool for an exact conversion) for one month unlimited job postings and unlimited CV database access (for one user), with package discounts available if you have more permanent recruiting needs. For example, a Gold subscription will give you unlimited jobs posting and unlimited CV database access for one year at just over €250 per month!
2019 Pricing Structure (excluding VAT):
|1 month - Discovery||450 euros||convert|
|3 months - Bronze||1150 euros||convert|
|6 months - Silver||1950 euros||convert|
|12 months - Gold||3200 euros||convert|
If online payment is not convenient, give us a call at +33(0)622757477 or send us an email at email@example.com. We will set up an account for you and invoice you. Note that you can also pay through PayPal.
Please note that the posting of academic positions is free of charge. All you need to do is email us your job description and we will post it for you.
Spacelinks is based in France so the following European Union regulations regarding electronic commerce apply:
- if your business is located outside the EU, VAT does not apply to you
- if your business is located in France, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you don't have a valid VAT registration number, you will be charged a 20% VAT
- if your business is located in the EU and you do have a valid VAT registration number, you won't be charged VAT provided you give us your VAT number (mandatory for invoicing)
For sales enquiries and general information, you can call us on +33(0)622757477.
Support is available Mon-Fri on +33(0)622757477 or via email. Out-of-hours support is provided only via email.
Please also note that we are located in France. Our normal office hours are 09:00 to 18:00 Monday to Friday. France timezone is GMT+1.
We are very serious about our job seekers privacy so only legitimate recruiters and employers are eligible for a recruiter account. All subscriptions requests will be manually approved and recruiter accounts constantly monitored. Users who enter inaccurate or incomplete information will not gain access to post jobs or search resumes. Sharing of login details with a third party will result in the suspension of the recruiter's account with no subscription refund.
Recruitment agencies are only eligible for a Gold package and recruitment agencies recruiting for companies already using Space Careers will not be accepted.
To ensure you are approved, please include the following on your application:
* The website address of your Company. Under construction websites will be rejected.
* Email - Must end in @yourcompany.com. Applications using free email accounts such as Hotmail, Yahoo or Gmail will be rejected.
Individual exceptions can be made on a case by case basis by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. Accounts found not to be in compliance will be deleted.